While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at www.indiansforguns.com . Please read it and become familiar with it, it's terms are retroactive and agreed by team and group members.
- All original content posted on this group is licensed under a Creative Commons License. By posting on this group, you implicitly agree to releasing your posted writings under the terms of this Creative Commons License.
- No part of any posting on this group should be viewed as legal advice. The reader must take full and complete responsibility for the laws regarding firearms in his jurisdiction as well as proper safety precautions involving every facet of firearms and related components. Any and all of the contents of postings on this group may contain errors, and it is the responsibility of the reader to check with his local law enforcement authorities as to the laws which dictate how, when, why, and where he may use firearms in any situation.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who consistently "act" as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([IMG][/IMG]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "Great site!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Info on getting a fresh handgun license", "Cannot locate xxx co. dealers in Bangalore", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting of any sort, be it for paid or unpaid jobs, is not permitted either. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB (6000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed.
- Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Indiansforguns.com Team members are allowed additional links to aid in rendering support for Indiansforguns.com. Such links may only be to *.indiansforguns.com or approved material. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not include links in a way which suggests you officially represent Indiansforguns.com. You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 90 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 6kB (6000 Bytes) in file size and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- PLEASE NOTE www.indiansforguns.com exists to support gun enthusiasts, shooters and sportsmen.
- Users are advised that answers to their queries are given by other users as a way of helping out fellow enthusiasts. Therefore www.indiansforguns.com undertakes no guarantee as to the accuracy or veracity of the information contained in these answers.
- Ask nicely!! None of the members are under any sort of obligation to answer your queries, so if you wish to increase the chances of getting positive and useful responses to your queries, you are advised to phrase your questions properly and politely request assistance from other members. Demanding an answer will usually end up as nothing more than flame bait.
- While members may be able to provide useful information, if you are looking for support on a specific commercially available product/ service, users of these boards should also seek support at the site of the manufacturer/ provider of the product/ service.
- This forum SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES be used to post queries related to seeking help for ANY illegal activities, including (but not limited to) acquiring illegal firearms or ammunition. Such posts will be deleted and depending on severity the poster will receive an immediate warning or be temporarily/ permanently banned from this site.
- Support is offered only via these forums. Do not contact team members privately (via any method) to ask for support. Users found to be contacting team members asking for support will be warned.
- Before posting a question users are asked to try and find information themselves. This includes reading relevant documentation for example the Arms Act and Arms Rules, the Knowledge Base (coming soon) and using Search. Users who persistently ask questions without showing any desire to help themselves should expect to receive at best a delayed response and at worst no response at all.
- When posting a support question bumping is permitted only after 24 hours have elapsed since the last post to that topic. The system will soon be updated to enforce this automatically, meanwhile users who abuse this will be warned.
Members should note this software and board are maintained on a voluntary basis. No team member receives payment of any kind for time spent here. Users should therefore not post demanding support, bug fixes, etc. Users who disrespect the work of team members will be warned.
- If the purveyor of relevant product(s)/ service(s) maintains their own support board (or uses someone else?s board) they may direct users to that board or site for the purpose of offering support and/or updates to their products(s)/ services(s). Alternatively authors may maintain a topic here at www.indiansforguns.com (in the appropriate forum) for each item they produce, directing users to that topic where appropriate. Such topics are intended for support only and not for general promotion of products, sites, and so forth.
- Members may include or post links to 3rd party sites in an effort to render support to fellow members in response to a query (including requests for information not available at this site). Members are not permitted to post links to material unrelated to Guns/ Shooting/ Related Sporting Activities or where linked material is not relevant to a given support request.
- Members who maintain related forums may be allowed a link within the Resources section (coming soon) of this site. Members should contact the website team leader to propose their site.
- General linking (within posts) to other sites is generally not permitted. Exceptions may be made where links are being offered in a "support context".
- www.indiansforguns.com DOES NOT provides a general fora or other solution for users to promote their sites. Consistent with Rules 2j, 6b and 6d users may not promote their sites through their own posts. Such posting constitutes spam and may lead to a warning. Users or other persons wishing to advertise at www.indiansforguns.com should contact the team members for more information.
- www.indiansforguns.com operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning. If you feel their decision is also unfair you may contact the site Administrator, primarily Mundaire. His decision is final. Contacting group members over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort ... group members do not want to be bothered unless vital.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While www.indiansforguns.com may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
version 1.0.1 - 25/02/2009