best friends

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: best friends

Post by biking3819 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:12 pm

:D :D :D no cc i meant the rubber balls kids play around with,,u may visit my locality with confidence :mrgreen:,at one given point of time there were around 20-25 rubber BALLS in my home that she wud bring in whenever she went out for a walk,
ya and i chose nice names to address retrievers.. :) ...
the pup i m holding is ippo when she was 3 weeks old.
cheers sanjiv

nb-dont know why some special characters come in when i write balls making it sound anatomical balls

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:02 pm

biking3819";p="31859 wrote::D :D :D no cc i meant the rubber b@ll$ kids play around with,,u may visit my locality with confidence :mrgreen:,at one given point of time there were around 20-25 rubber b@ll$ in my home that she wud bring in whenever she went out for a walk,
Whew! Ok...Now you've clarified.... :)
I was beginning to imagine your neighborhood having a largish population of unwilling eunuchs....

:mrgreen:

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:59 pm

biking3819";p="31859 wrote: no cc i meant the rubber b@ll$ kids play around with
sheesh man! i'm so dissappointed. otherwise i'd borrow this dog off you for a week and clean up my locality.

unfortunately for me my wife can't stand dogs. so while i'm a dog lover myself......... they only happen to be someone else's
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:31 pm

After CC and Biking decide on the eunuch population of their localities, lets wait for Yaj to come back from his annual 'runawayfromhome' trip.He's quite a master when it comes to dogs.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:42 pm

I have a little lab who is named Krypto, loves people so much that he wants to jump and lick em all over. He thinks he's still a little pup but his shoulders are at 23 inches or so and he weighs about 27 kgs and he forgets his size while rushing to greet you. Just today I noticed that his tail has become a propeller and he goes whack whack with it all over. He's still very naughty but at times will behave like he's made out of GOLD.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm

eljefe";p="31901 wrote:He's quite a master when it comes to dogs.
Hmmm.... you mean the recipes? :mrgreen:

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:26 pm

I too got myself a Lab pup
Poor guy couldnt make it had a cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital; thanks to Pavro

Sid

sangi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sangi » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 pm

Many thanks for the new thing on dogs. and really wonder why there are such/so few contributors.Dont tell me all of us out there shooting,angling,driving and camping are doing it without DOGS!? iAnd if you are doing it, then iguess you are losing out on a very,very special ingredient of the OUTDOORS.please post in. lLest the powers that be junk this latest addition to IFG!any one out there(esp in S India) with working dogs-those that still have some semblance of'blood' in them, and not the fat, unexercised,untrained-doormat varieties, esp labs that one sees thesedays.We lost both our labs, in 2000 and 2005, and the kids have now picked up a-------tabby!!! Hows that for all the big talk. Still-'working' dog' owners, do drop a line; maybe looking for a spaniel/lab,trainable on hand and whistle, so needs those bloodlines strong.keep talking, please.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:00 pm

I have a real adorable black Labrador. Her name is BRANDY , she is 6 years old and she is what I label as an extremist. Extreme love and companionship for my parents, Extreme posessiveness ( for example If I want to clinically examine my mother's aching shoulder joint she wouldn't lemme.) And EXTREMELY lazy and greedy too. Sometimes when Brandy is NOT in mood to get up she kinda barks laying on her side at a certain noise :D . Labs are brilliant companions.

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:57 pm

Krypto seems to be a working kind cause he's very high energy. If I forget or don't walk him he'll run circles inside the living room itself.
Being in a flat we have devised a new exercise for him (get ready to laugh Doc) step aerobics!! You toss a ball up the staircase and he runs to fetch it, normally ten of these fast paced lunges will make him calm down. Then he'll go drink water and behave like a mature well trained dog...but after ten minutes he's ready to go jump on you and beg for food and generally try to lick you to death.
The end result is that for a pet shop guy with no papers, he looks almost like a champ-a rather handsome guy this son of mine.

Regards,

Dev

P.s. anyone got any training tips? This guy fetches, sits and walks okay on the leash but I'm wondering when he'll bring a coffee for me ;-).
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:03 pm

dev";p="32293 wrote:P.s. anyone got any training tips? This guy fetches, sits and walks okay on the leash but I'm wondering when he'll bring a coffee for me ;-).
Check out http://www.gundogsonline.com - some good articles on training for retrieving etc. works for ducks, should work for the newspaper as well... ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:30 pm

well abhijeet....kinda works out about fetching the newspaper...but Dev mentions something on the lines of fetching a coffee :)

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Hey! A doggy section! Great idea.
Dogs are a passion for me.I have 3 myself, a pariah b**ch Chukki 4 yrs old, a 3 yr old Caravan male Khamsin and a soon to be 2yr old Indian mastiff female Astra.
Right now I'm working on gathering data on Indian dog breeds. Hope to come out with a publication of some sort on the subject :)
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:09 pm

Dev

I would be bit cautioius on step or stair excercise. My cousins Lab developed hip issues and came close to requiring surgery . I would check with a vet.

Best

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:23 pm

dev";p="32293 wrote: P.s. anyone got any training tips? This guy fetches, sits and walks okay on the leash but I'm wondering when he'll bring a coffee for me ;-).
Try playing fetch with empty beer cans, as he grows maybe he can graduate to fetching you a cold one! :lol:
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!