Just a thought for NAGRI

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Just a thought for NAGRI

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:48 am

Great idea but till now it's only up in the air
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

For Advertising mail webmaster
YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Aloha,

This is an example of an Indian who came to the US and set up his own business in the firearms industry.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/eagle-grips/

He is now an industy Leader.

My opinion on what NAGRI will have to do eventually.

NAGRI will have to pattern itselg along the lines of the American NRA.

Start charging for membership.

Invest the money wisely and Buy property close to the seat of Indian political power.

Build a large building with indoor shooting range(doesn't have to be used). But have it anyway.

NRA headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia has an indoor range capable of handling 50 BMG at one point.

Invite ALL the different industries to support NAGRI.

Use the American experience as an example of what the future for them can be. Be Positive in outlook

when dealing with industry. The two should work hand in hand.

Establish contact with industry leaders in the US and encourage them to "assist" Indian counterparts and invest in

Indian industry, for a partnership or some kind of business relationship.

Those of you Indians in the US and are gun owners could be instrumental in guiding NAGRI as far as How Much $$

you're spending in the US gun market. NAGRI can relay information to Indian Indutry and prove to them that

Indians abroad are buying guns.

Show them the market for used guns. Once the laws of firearms ownership are changed(with their help) new less costly

Quality guns should sell themselves.

Now effective is the American NRA in helping other countries and their gun rights?

Here's what happened in Brazil: http://www.thenation.com/article/brazil ... oins-fight#

Another thing that will Help NAGRI is that NAGRI MUST come out in Outright Support of Indian Women's Right to Self Defense

with a firearm. Do Not Dance around this issue. In the US, politicians have a hard time telling Women NO.

Be surprised what pissed off Detrirmed Women are capable off. Women hold Grudges. Get them on your side.

Good Luck.

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Even if government allows private player to manufacture arms and ammunition, it will be sold only to government and not for civilians. Im sure govt. will not allow these private players to do so......but still i too like to cross my finger for good thing to happen as all of us pray for
Thanks

GANESH TT

SriramK
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by SriramK » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 pm

The Government would still be their biggest source of profits, but civilians would eventually benefit from it. Quite like the Internet was once DARPA's property.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:16 am

I am not sure ho w much of a model worth considering the USA supplies.

Many of the major US arms makers have gone under different ownership. What I would call the major arms dealer in the USA today, Sturm, Ruger, was once an upstart among giants. When Bill Ruger began, he used innovative design and the use of alloy (later using the new technology of investment casting high strength alloy steel), combined with familiar shapes (Luger, SAA Colt, Mauser M98 M14) to make popular products that catapulted them into the leader of their market. Traditional companies, like Remington, Marlin, Savage, and H&R, were bought up and Winchester sold their manufacturing rights.

Colt, a small part of a large conglomerate, and Smith & Wesson, for many years a subsidiary in conclomerates, focused on government contracts, ranging from the Federal government to local police stations, and turned their backs on the individual gun owner and RKBA, as well. (smith & Wesson, now under new management, has done an about face on RKBA, thank goodness.)

What lessons are he for the Indian market, I don't know, but the consumer market is not a huge opportunity for domestic makers at this time in my opinion. Were I running India's policy here, I think I would open up RKBA and domestic manufacture for a given period, say, 10 years, after which foreign firms would be allowed to market their products. This would give domestic manufacturers an opportunity to establish a market base before facing the onslaught of big international companies.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Raptor
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raptor » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 am

tiwariarrun wrote:Powerful lobby is it? You think they would fight for RKBA? They have got nothing to do but business!
sir tiwari, i'd point out that we might at least consider it. We have nothing to lose and much to gain, in the unlikely event that the lobby sees it fit to support us. After all by the virtue of the size of our population, we are, if nothing else, a 'cash cow' for any private enterprise, aren't we?
;)
"It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."