Why so many rules?

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
harry92
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Why so many rules?

Post by harry92 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Why are there so many rules on this forum? you cannot pm because you just registered.. the account has to be manually activated, posts are checked before publishing... i dont understand what happened to freedom!!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Why so many rules?

Post by Amit357 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Harry,if there are no rules,people would be posting all kind of crap,then warnings,bans start,so its better to have rules then run that programme. Regarding the PM facility guess the Moderators have their own reasons.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 pm

I think We had enough people selling iphones and push-up bras on this forum, need some rules to keep the crap out..
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:32 pm

not only all of the above but its a private forum and thus the owner can impose rules. rule number one i am the boss and rule number two do not ask questions.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:20 pm

kanwar76 wrote:I think We had enough people selling iphones and push-up bras on this forum, ..
[img]edited%20by%20moderator[/img]
ROTFL
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 am

Yeah Nagarifle, we`re sick of you trying to flog push up bras, jockey shorts for monkeys and jungle sex aids. :)
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:45 am

just trying to help you . ROTFL
Nagarifle

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 am

LMAO ! Good one Richard. I`ve just laughed so loud that I appear to have woken the house up ! :)
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:02 am

do't let the misuse see all this or she might get a little surprise. :D
good to have a late/early morning laugh. its 6 Am here.
Nagarifle

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:08 am

If ever there was a Freudian slip: `Misuse` instead of `Missus`. LOL !!! :) :) :)
Just gone 1.30 AM here.
So weird - you`re in North Eastern India, a LOT further East than Vikram is in Georgia yet he`s only half an hour behind you. Georgia time is very peculiar.
( Terry Pratchett )

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:39 am

harry92 wrote:Why are there so many rules on this forum? you cannot pm because you just registered.. the account has to be manually activated, posts are checked before publishing... i dont understand what happened to freedom!!!
Harry92, I will tell you why the rules that are in place here, are in place. Please excuse me if my explanation is blunt and to the point.

In the USA, it is quite a matter of humor to point out all of the silly safety warnings on things. For instance, some.lawn mowers may carry a warning not to pck up the lawn mower when it is running. That seems like a stupid warning to put on a lawn mower, doesn't it?

Some guy in New Hampshire needed to trim his hedge and, not having a hedge trimmer, started his mower and lifted it over his hedge. As you might imagine,he got badly cut up, and then sued the lawn mower company for making an unsafe product.

So it seems stupid to have a warning on a lawn mower, not to pick it up, doesn't it, unless you know the real story of things that have happened. If you know what happened, you would know that the seemingly stupid warning was there because of idiots.

Well, henry92, you are new here. There are things you may not know about because you haven't been around to know about them, but the rules that are in place are there because of people who are like the guy who picked up the running lawn mower, and something needed to be done about their behavior.

Now, you know why there are so many rules, right?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:20 am

Not all forums have rules like IFG

Here is a forum with few rules and lots of freedom

http://www.facebook.com/

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:34 am

nagarifle wrote: Not only all of the above but its a private forum and thus the owner can impose rules. Rule number one i am the boss and Rule number two do not ask questions.
> Hi Nags!
> There's a slight twist to what you have quoted....
" RULE No: 1 = I AM THE BOSS
RULE No: 2 = Always remember RULE NO: 1" ROTFL

> Lastly I wonder if the spelling of 'Missus' (spelt as 'Misuse') was intentional ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
> Grumpy - are you listening?
Briha

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Good for the rules and for the people who enforce them (aka mods)!! Otherwise (like it happens on Mumbai streets), you can't drive a car because of the pedestrians on the roads, because of the shops on the footpath, because of......... ad infinitum!

Moreover, this forum exists for a very very specific set of people, unlike Facebook and Twitter, which exist for run-of-the-mill junta (no offense meant). The purpose of this forum, i.e. guns, shooting, shooting sports, blades, weapons, etc. make it stand out not only to the government, which would love to have a 1.2 billion sheep to rule over, but also among the large majority of brain-washed population, who have been conditioned by millenia of monarchial / colonial rule to fear and distrust weapons and those who carry / advocate carrying them.

Hence a very strict watch needs to be kept on the posts here, so that highly sensitive sensibilities are not offended, and we do not have any complaint on us based on some post, and then not only is the forum shut down, but the rights of gun (and airgun) owners and enthusiasts are curtailed even more.

Yes, this does make for some pain for regular users (i.e. those with no intention to flog jungle shorts for monkeys and so on), but we should look at airports, where regular fliers have to ditch their matches and lighters and pocket knives so that terrorists do not hijack a plane!!

Greater good of the greater number........ 'ray for the mods!! (no flattery intended!!)
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:45 pm

reminds me of the sign i once saw in a agri collage, "Danger Wet water" never figured it out.
Nagarifle