Do we stand up ?

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:57 pm

Quite a few issues coming up here... Well, to clarify the matter of "on topic" subjects allowed here - this is a forum for gun/ shooting enthusiasts! Most/many of the members here are also "outdoorsmen", hence the inclusion of topics like fishing, hunting, outdoors, four wheel drives etc. We also tend to stretch it a bit to include a bit more as long as there is no needless controversy of a political hue...

Straight politics, which DOES NOT have ANYTHING to do with guns, shooting OR wildlife conservation IS generally discouraged here. WHY? Well, the thing is - and this is open to debate - all of us are here due to our shared interests. And most of us have our own political affiliations outside of these shared interests... We would rather not have the one encroach on the other and enter into needless debates alienating our fellow enthusiasts who do share our love for guns/ shooting/ the outdoors!

Back to the discussion at hand -

a) The vast majority of our polity and bureaucracy is corrupt... as are our police forces - no arguments there!

b) There are islands of integrity amongst the mess AND these are very visible (if nothing else due to their rarity) and appreciated.

c) Most of us have saluted the national anthem all our lives - without even knowing the meaning of the words.... I know I have! But that should not detract from the shiver of national pride that one instantly feels travelling down one's spine the minute the first strains of the anthem hit one's ears. I don't know about the rest here, but it is an awesome feeling for me each time... It never ceases to remind me of the beauty of this country and all the reasons why I love being Indian.

d) Change is in our own hands - there is an old saying -"a people get the leaders they deserve"...

e) What is amazing is that some persons who could only be best addressed by the pictorial depiction of Castor and Pollux (Google for the painting of the same name by that madman Salvador Dali :mrgreen: ) who won't even admit that there is something wrong with the present system and protest for a change - feel entitled to comment on such things from... yep, get this - a moral high ground! :roll: Hypocrisy at it's finest! :evil:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Do we stand up ?

Post by penpusher » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:01 pm

mundaire";p="25326 wrote:
e) What is amazing is that some persons who could only be best addressed by the pictorial depiction of Castor and Pollux (Google for the painting of the same name by that madman Salvador Dali :mrgreen: ) who won't even admit that there is something wrong with the present system and protest for a change - feel entitled to comment on such things from... yep, get this - a moral high ground! :roll: Hypocrisy at it's finest! :evil:
:mrgreen:

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Mad as a hatter but also a genius - some of his paintings are superb.........ignoring the obviously bizzare works.
I can`t think of Dali painting of Castor and Pollux. There are a pair of bronzes of that name - a pair of `balls`.
Ah, maybe that`s it.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:10 am

mundaire";p="25326 wrote:
In case anyone wondered, those in red are not my words... I was errr... a little more direct in my de.scription and I got moderated! :( What goes around comes around - eh? :lol:

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:12 am

Grumpy";p="25494 wrote: Mad as a hatter but also a genius - some of his paintings are superb.........ignoring the obviously bizzare works.
I can`t think of Dali painting of Castor and Pollux. There are a pair of bronzes of that name - a pair of `b@ll$`.
Ah, maybe that`s it.
I wasn't going for "balls of bronze"... and neither do I think was my good friend when he amended my post... ;)

www.gunowners.in

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:09 am

So you were moderated..........Auntie is very strict sometimes isn`t she ? I reckon it`s to do with warm air not satisfying the destructive urges - there`s no substitute for hot gas.
You mean you didn`t introduce the subject of Dali ? Good grief - we`re getting creative moderating now ? With a little creativity we could get Auntie to write the whole forum. `Indian` For Guns anyone ?
For a thread that you criticised as contrary to board policy because of being political Abhijeet, you do seem to have had quite a lot to say about it.............