best friends

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
sangi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

best friends

Post by sangi » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:24 pm

Lot of talk of guns, wheels,angling and , obviously,the outdoors-but where do our dogs go!?One(I at least)wonder why no talk of this joy in life? Labs?cockers, anyone? Or have I missed something??? :roll:

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: best friends

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:40 pm

sangi wrote:Lot of talk of guns, wheels,angling and , obviously,the outdoors-but where do our dogs go!?One(I at least)wonder why no talk of this joy in life? Labs?cockers, anyone? Or have I missed something??? :roll:
..... you mean as in cooking or eating them?..... :mrgreen:

....ok...ok... I know I was being a bit crass... just kidding :mrgreen:

By the way guys... when did I become guru ji?

deepinder
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by deepinder » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:01 am

sangi
I agree with you
pets specially dogs shud have a dedicated forum index
it would be really interesting to know the different dog breeds owned by the various ifg members
i have a pair of rottweilers

post snaps of your pets
cheers
ds

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:31 pm

New section for 'dogs' added... this is here on a trial basis, if there isn't much interest from members (interesting threads/ activity), am afraid this will be deleted and the posts shifted to the generic 'general ramblings' section...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:21 pm

Ok... now...so; who is going to contribute the first recipe?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:36 pm

cottage cheese wrote:Ok... now...so; who is going to contribute the first recipe?
You evil evil man!! :twisted: :lol:
Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:56 am

I have two German Shepherds, and I love them. They are with me everyday morning for a full two hours of jogging, climbing trees, chasing fruits I throw, playing hide and seek.... and in the evenings with a ball, stick, leaf or any damn thing I can lay my hands on.
Somehow, they both hate guns and the sound of it. They bark away to glory everytime I fire a single sir pistol shot! Still, I could not resist not adding to the new section.
Will keep posting, maybe a few pics even....
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:58 am

Forgot to add their names - Honey and Simba :)
And Honey's preg now. Anyone want good pups, like say in another 60-70 days?
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:13 am

TenX wrote:Forgot to add their names - Honey and Simba :)
Looking out for two pups actually... but preferably one a black lab and one a short haired pointer... lets see where luck leads me... :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:25 am

Abhijeet,

just saw u on line dropped uin to say HI

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:36 am

Nice Deepinder

Best

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:55 am

Nice.. now we are talking.. :D

Always loved dogs.. recently lost two german shepards.. Peter and Tango.. Peter died of old age was more than 12 years old and tango was all of 8 years old. He stopped eating when peter died and passed 15 days after him....

I really miss Peter, he was the best dog I ever had.. poor guy waited for me till 3 months, Doctors told my dad so many times that he won't make it this night but he keep hanging, the day I reached home from bangalore.. He left this world in my hands..

RIP...Peter

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:39 am

mundaire wrote:
TenX wrote:Forgot to add their names - Honey and Simba :)
Looking out for two pups actually... but preferably one a black lab and one a short haired pointer... lets see where luck leads me... :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Nice choice Abhijeet, I think someone needs to revive Gun dogs in INDIA. I was looking for a weimaraner but dogs from good bloodline are damm costly and cheap ones are not good..

I am trying to get one GSP from Pakistan as one of my friends there have one of the good hunting bloodlines.. lets see how it goes…

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:51 pm

my golden retriever-
'ippo' ,now 5 yrs,can pick commands in 5 languages english,hindi,marathi,korean and bengali,...loves to do 2 things sincerely retrieve balls from anyone playing in the locality and food, wud not mind if there was a chance to sip wine and get drunk too.
i trained her personally ,being a gun dog i had always wanted her never to be scared of gun sound and therefore had used firecrackers while training her ,she happens to be one of the pup fathered by my another golden tito,he's now 8yrs and had always shyed away from gun sound due to lack of training in that field,although tito is more wiser and can amaze someone with his understanding of languages.
regards sanjiv

top left -tito current 8 yrs
bottom left -ippo then3 years
center right-ippo at the age of 3 weeks

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:44 pm

biking3819 wrote:my golden retriever-
'ippo' ,now 5 yrs,can pick commands in 5 languages english,hindi,marathi,korean and bengali,...loves to do 2 things sincerely retrieve b@ll$ from anyone playing in the locality and food, wud not mind if there was a chance
Hey Biking,

Nice pics. Nice name Ipoo... When was younger, I had a mongrel who I named 'Chikliboo'....Rhymes eh? The lazy fart did nothing useful all day, understood only chaste Queens English, but was a good illiterate friend. Got adopted by a better family than mine when I got out of town for studies.

Is that you with Ippo?

Lovely dog. I think retrievers and labs are the best (Not implying food...all that was nonsense :) ) for me and I suppose for a lot of people as well.

Did you say Ippo "retrieve b@ll$ from anyone playing in the locality"??? :shock: ...Hell...I'm not going near your locality...I plan to raise a bigger family, you know... :mrgreen: