One more nail in the coffin..:(

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Naga, check out the following link:

Study Finds Gun Safety Training for Kids Ineffective; Parents Must Prevent Unsupervised Access This comprehensive issue, entitled "Children, Youth, and Gun Violence," finds that programs to train kids to stay away from guns, or behave responsibly on their own around guns, do not work. The report suggests that instead of trying to change youth behavior around guns, parents should focus on keeping kids away from unsupervised contact with guns, whether at home or in the community.

Putting this (recent) incident in perspective - one of the two accused boys was reported to have taken the (illegally held) gun kept by his father in the TV trolley at home... Parental negligence combined with a lowering of social mores would seem to be the reasons that precipitated/ enabled this crime...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:44 pm

hi Abhijeet
see what u mean. i still feel for the loss of life of kids.

still would you not agree that we need to make our case for RKBA stronger and better?

with unlaw full possion of firearms being the real culprit.

if one is to forget the instrument of crime. i would say that if one car is involed in a death then all cars should be banned.

would u not agree that this kind of logic is loco?

what i feel is that we need to get our act togeather to pervent ban on legal firearms.

As i have been through one ban in the UK due to some lonney going hayware and well meaning citzen doing the right thing for the wrond reason, that is keep the firearms away from the law keeping citzen and allowing the thugs to keep and bare arms.

if we do not learn from what is happened overeas then we may face the same problems sooner or letter.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:47 pm

Naga, you are quite right... today there is a need, more urgent than ever before, for gun owners to organise themselves and put their case before the government/ media/ public at large - in a rational and dispassionate manner...

If ordinary citizens cannot be trusted - then we undermine the basic premise of democracy! :roll:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:17 am

Abhijeet

lets get organise

nagarifle
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: One more nail in the coffin..:(

Post by art_collector » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:36 am

Just read todays Times of India Sunday the 10th of Feb -front page- Delhi edition.

"Playing with gun, girl suffers a bullet wound"......I feel sorry for the little angel who has been shot...she might not even make it....since she is critical...

Owning a firearm since u need it is OK...but leaving it loaded which is so easily in the reach of your kids is sheer foolishness ....Parental negligence ...of the highest order.

When one buys a firearms ...the parents should teach their kids that its not a toy and that they should never handle . But the problem lies in the MACHO papas..guys who have the money to buy a revolver or a pistol but lack the brains to get proper training to fire and handle a firearm. I often see people with a revolver loading the ammo with a hand on the trigger or the revolver pointing at someone.

We at IFG should also make safe handling of firearms as one of our punch lines.

AC

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:08 pm

art_collector";p="37763 wrote: We at IFG should also make safe handling of firearms as one of our punch lines.
AC
Thats right AC hence the term that came to my mind. ARM... Awareness, Responsibility and Moderation.

Needless to say that this incident pains me a great deal, I hope and pray the little girl pulls through. I'm also besides myself with anger :evil: such irresponsible folks need to have their license revoked.

regards
:evil:
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:39 pm

once again a another child is lost.

no words can decribe such loss.

we need to do something to educate firearms owners.

nagarifle
Nagarifle

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:59 pm

even though we can pray for her to recover the harm is done. she would have lost her confidence in her father. the long term harm is done, by the foolish action of her father.

when a child loses their trust with family members it is takes long time to recover.

why am i writing in this manner? just to point out the long term harm done.

we can complain. we can gruble of the foolish carless attiude of others. unless we also do something to prevent this, we are also are at fault. since we talk and do noting.

so lets work together to prevent any more childern coming to harm.
Nagarifle

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:48 pm

one more sad incident and hope the poor girl recovers....a similar incident happened in hyderabad a few days back..a youth congress leader went to local HDFC bank and was showing his .32 pistol to the deputy manager who was his friend and it fired hitting him in the stomach.he luckily survived.the gun was seized and a case was registered.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:28 am

Licensed gun owners need to be organized agree with it. But the truth is more on the lines of AC pointed with many of the gun owners themselves are not cognizant of gun safety rules. These accidents can be avoided by taking simple precautions and most importantly practicing responsible gun handling habits. I hope the kid makes through. Many years ago I had seen a lady who had providential escape when her son fired a pistol and shot came through the door and hit her on the jaw.

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:33 am

just read a news in deccan chronicle.i dont know whether its the above one.this one happened in ghaziabad and details state that an 8 year old girl was shot by her 5year old brother while playing with their fathers revolver.the parents were not at home and the revolver was left out open on a table :evil: a major part of the girls brain was damaged :cry:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:58 pm

maybe one way would be to have small posters given to all the gun dealrs, which shows basic safety. and ask the dealers to give one to every buyer.

form a gun safety group, that is an active group, lets face it, all these accidents one day will hit us in the face when the anti RKBA gets moving in full force, lest we be found sitting with our pants around or ankles.

when that happens all we would be doing is a knee jerk rection, too little tooo late.

nagarifle

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:35 am

Another girl takes her life becuase a loaded revolver was carelessly kept by the father in the cupboard. When will these people learn. Wish we could post a video on the forum regarding safe loading and unloading of the firearms.

I have come across people who do not unload the pistol because they are never quite sure to reload the firearms again properly. People buying a revolver from Kanpur and asking gun dealers while buying its ammunition
" please tell us who to use it". People show the newely aquired firearms as iif it is a piece of jewellery. A loaded revolver witha hand on the trigger pointed at the person to whom it is being shown . SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE.... and these accidents will continue to happen unless the correct use of the same is not known to the user.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:18 pm

the only way is to imform the buyers on safe handling of firearms. one easy way is via small leafets given to buyers which informs how to safe handle firearms.

no reason why IFG can not run a gun safe day course?

lets face it if we do not do anything then we can not complain if things go wrong. Since our NRAI only are for the sporting people only so we can not look at them for any help.

i feel that the ball is in our court, saying this am willing to do what is asked if within my capabilty.

nagarifle
Nagarifle

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:59 am

Another nail in the coffin, a groom was shot at, in a late night marriage party in Alipur(NCR) with a 12 bore shotgun from close range. Police are suspecting personal rivalry as the cause.

My sympathy goes out the family of the bereaved.

regards
:(
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.