A question for Abhijeet.

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

A question for Abhijeet.

Post by Grumpy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:59 pm

Have you any idea why so few UK county flags are available ? Or why the only town represented is Hay on Wye ? Hay on Wye is a very small town, now technically within the modern Welsh county of Powys although historically considered as being in the English county of Herefordshire ( Now Hereford and Worcester. ) It is of no significance whatsover except that a book festival is held there.
My own county, Somerset, is not represented but `Wessex` is. Wessex is NOT a county........Wessex doesn`t even exist as it was a Saxon Kingdom that expired around a thousand years ago.
I`ve used the Wessex flag as mid-Somerset falls within its boundairies.......but so did much of the South and West of England.
Every Dutch province is listed, every American State......but less than half of the UK counties....................and bloo*y Hay on Wye !

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Grumps, It's just the system defaults... and frankly it's not something I've even spent any time on... you can take solace in the fact that the system doesn't even list a single Indian state or union territory... even though we do have a shade over 20% of all humanity living here... ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: A question for Abhijeet.

Post by Grumpy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:02 pm

Only 20% ? If official Indian population numbers are under-estimated by the same factor that official Tiger numbers are over-estimated then EVERYONE lives in India ..........
Your answer is pretty much what I expected. Still makes me wonder why every Dutch province is listed but well under half of UK counties.....Why no Indian States are detailed but Hay on Wye is ......Why totally obscure British Dependencies are available ( even though nothing lives on them apart from Seagulls ) and why a Saxon Kingdom that hasn`t existed for a thousand years is detailed. Bizarre !