IFG Website Suggestions/ Issues

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

IFG - website suggestions

Post by shadowphaxone » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:01 am

Sorry, if this is not supposed to be posted here...

To all IFG Site Administrators & Moderators,

hi,

It has come to my attention that IFG does not have a discussion forum for the Board improvements . I hope that creating a separate section on the home index page of IFG would allows its fellow members for praising/criticizing this board or posting creative ideas for improved performance and outlook of IFG. A new thread a.k.a. SUGGESTION ABOUT IFG can be added on to the existing GENERAL sections in the board index. As there are no forum for posting this, and also this GENERAL RAMBLING thread allows any post that are not fit in to any other category, i am posting it here.

I also hope that Site administrators will separate the AIR GUN SECTION by subdividing it it to Three sections as given below:

1. AIR RIFLE
2. AIR PISTOL
3. AIR GUN MAINTENANCE & REPAIR

This will allow users to search & use according to their specific needs as most of the THREAD TITLES are MISLEADING.

I also hope that administrators will separate the GUN SMITING forum and add all posts regarding air gun maintenance and repairs in to the AIR GUN MAINTENANCE & REPAIR forum.

I hope my suggestions & recommendations are compatable with board laws and that all the law enforcement officers will kindly look in to it.

REGARDS
There are no limits to a man's curious intelligence if he is determined to succeed...

For Advertising mail webmaster
sitar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Need A Thread For IFG On IFG

Post by sitar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:07 pm

:roll:

-- Mon Mar 02, 2009 14:10 --

:roll:
Irrespective of the direction of the wind, the smoke from the cigarette will always tend to go to the non-smoker.

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Need A Thread For IFG On IFG

Post by shadowphaxone » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:48 am

it is really interesting that none of the administrators or moderators have responded to this request.
There are no limits to a man's curious intelligence if he is determined to succeed...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: IFG - website suggestions

Post by mundaire » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Personally I don't think there is a need to further sub-divide the gunsmithing section as many of the gunsmithing tips etc. are equally valid for firearms (stock refinishing, scope mounting etc.). As further dividing the airguns section, we'll wait and see what the other members here think...

Do keep in mind: More sections = A "taller" home page with more vertical scroll

If anyone has any other suggestions for the website please do feel free to pipe up and post them on this thread. :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sitar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IFG Website Suggestions/ Issues

Post by sitar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:20 pm

@shadowphaxone

should we have specific subdividing by bore in each section for eg. one for .177 one for .22 one for.25 one for .32 etc :twisted:
Irrespective of the direction of the wind, the smoke from the cigarette will always tend to go to the non-smoker.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:56 pm

ah talk about the army and navy a very fine Gentleman's/ ladies out let. had my first Dinner Jacket from them in the bygones years. sure does bring back memories of fine suits. oh sorry wrong topic. dash it.

we are here to learn and to share. so lets get on with it. :D
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IFG - website suggestions

Post by shadowphaxone » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:34 am

mundaire wrote:Personally I don't think there is a need to further sub-divide the gunsmithing section as many of the gunsmithing tips etc. are equally valid for firearms (stock refinishing, scope mounting etc.). As further dividing the airguns section, we'll wait and see what the other members here think...

Do keep in mind: More sections = A "taller" home page with more vertical scroll

If anyone has any other suggestions for the website please do feel free to pipe up and post them on this thread. :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
FINALLY, thanks for your reply!!!!.............i was really disturbed that no one cared to post suggestions. i see that the threads have been merged.

i just suggested it to make this site more user friendly, since i myself had to go through a lot of posts to find solutions to my problems with my air pistol. IFG is not my personal property and my fellow member have an equal authority and say about this site. so i hope that any changes made, will be based on general views of all members.

I don't not a jack about GUNS & ammunition.......i accept it.......and that is exactly why i don't post replies on pistols, rifles and shotguns. What ever little i know is about air pistols and rifles,is gained through by meeting people with similar interests, books, articles on the net and blogs like our IFG. so i posted my sincere views about the air gun thread.

ANY WAY i see that a SUGGESTION thread have already existed and it is good to know people are actively caring for the causes of IFG.

-- Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:39 am --
sitar wrote:@shadowphaxone

should we have specific subdividing by bore in each section for eg. one for .177 one for .22 one for.25 one for .32 etc :twisted:
Sitar,

if that was your honest,heartfelt suggestion.........it's most welcome, but if it's an attempted joke, let me tell you that IT REALLY DIDN'T TICKLE. :evil:

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadowphaxone » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:41 am

Abhijeet,

The RANKS are missing!!!......................hehehe................lol

Does it have any thing to do with me??????????? :D :mrgreen: :D

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah, I noticed all the groups got removed- including mods and admins.
“To be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds”- The Iliad.

amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amit_sharma86 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi This is Amit.
Can I meet Sir Abhijeet Singh personally.
Please answer.
Looking for your reply.
Thank you very much.

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:01 am

LOL. Why don't you send him a PM instead of posting it here.
“To be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds”- The Iliad.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 am

The site has become sooooo slow... its a pain browsing through now... :(

amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amit_sharma86 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:02 pm

How to PM Mr Abhijeet Singh. And what is the meaning of LOL. Could you please answer BJL.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:59 pm

amit_sharma86 wrote:How to PM Mr Abhijeet Singh....
You will find a button labeled 'PM' below every member's details on the right pane. Click on that and you will be redirected to a messaging screen, where you can send personal messages.
amit_sharma86 wrote:...And what is the meaning of LOL...
LOL in internet and chatting terms means 'Laughing Out Loud', and is an expression which is used for several reasons to express a feeling of lighter moments.
:)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

amit_sharma86