Posts related to shotguns.
amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Post by amjadkarim16 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi,
Khairuddin u/o specifications:All are double trigger.Barrel length:66 to 75.5cm
Chamber:71mm:Stock:410x132x44mm:Choke:upper barrel:full choke lower:improved/modified:Weight:3.5kg-3.75kgs approx:Type 1:Completly indigenous o/u.:Type 2:Spainish metalparts.Wood work by khairuddin u/o as well as side by side:Type 3:Fully spainish Laurona u/o.
Type 4:Indigenous sxs.
Type 5: single barrel.
This is all available with khairuddin.
Regards amjad

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm

amjadkarim16 wrote: Type 2:Spainish metalparts.Wood work by khairuddin u/o as well as side by side:
Type 3:Fully spainish Laurona u/o.

So you mean to say that for TYPE 2, they are importing barrels and other metal parts from Spain?

I didn't really understood what is TYPE 3. Are they selling Spanish Laurona u/o? How many pieces they have and how old are these?

Please reapond

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amjadkarim16 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:28 pm

kanwar76 wrote:
amjadkarim16 wrote: Type 2:Spainish metalparts.Wood work by khairuddin u/o as well as side by side:
Type 3:Fully spainish Laurona u/o.

So you mean to say that for TYPE 2, they are importing barrels and other metal parts from Spain?Please reapond

-Inder
Hi,
Completely imported.yes.I think imported in late 80s.but all are factory fresh and on our stock.Each gun has individual proof testing certificates.
Regards amjad

-- Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:42 pm --

see this dear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi Amjadkarim16!

Can you please post pics of the Type 3:Fully spainish Laurona u/o and also mention the price? Thanks in advance.

amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amjadkarim16 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 am

hi,
Posting pictures of Laurona dual trigger O/U taken from my cell camera.
Regards
amjad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 am

Amjad

Dang it now I loose my bet on Spanish guns being imported by a jammu company..Although that particular shotty didnt have Spanish stamp on it or may be it did ? Dont recall it but to take a guess this gun must be in six figures?

best

amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amjadkarim16 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:39 am

ngrewal wrote:Amjad

Dang it now I loose my bet on Spanish guns being imported by a jammu company..Although that particular shotty didnt have Spanish stamp on it or may be it did ? Dont recall it but to take a guess this gun must be in six figures?

best
Hi,
Some people said it is a farce but we have these things and on our stock.We have maintained these to factory fresh condition.Thanks and sorry you lost bet.
One more thing the ones I posted in my post metal parts are from spain Felix Saraqueta Mod 50.
regards
Amjad

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Awesome Amjad,

Can you please give us a hint about the pricing and if possible apic showing full gun in day light.

Thanks
-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amjadkarim16 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:05 pm

hello,
I want to share so much picture of the hardware and I know I am not doing justice to the Guns by not showing them in full glory.
Am waiting for a goo digi cam

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi

Onething which will really help is field trial, the most common complaint which i have heard for india make is of barrel over heating, you cant fire of more than 10-15 shoots in a go, it heats up badly
If the local OU is able to handle round of 25-50, like in trap or skeet event, trust me there is line of buyer here, who are new enthusiast who want to take up Trap or skeet but are not able to pursue it mainly due to the non availability of budget gun.
They would be more than happy to buy something which fall within 50K level and can get lil customaization done in the factory itself instead of searching for gunsmith to take care of those.
Amjad bhai if you can work something on this it would be really helpfulls to lot.

Ali

james02
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by james02 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:57 pm

:agree: :agree:
sa_ali wrote:Hi

Onething which will really help is field trial, the most common complaint which i have heard for india make is of barrel over heating, you cant fire of more than 10-15 shoots in a go, it heats up badly
If the local OU is able to handle round of 25-50, like in trap or skeet event, trust me there is line of buyer here, who are new enthusiast who want to take up Trap or skeet but are not able to pursue it mainly due to the non availability of budget gun.
They would be more than happy to buy something which fall within 50K level and can get lil customaization done in the factory itself instead of searching for gunsmith to take care of those.
Amjad bhai if you can work something on this it would be really helpfulls to lot.

Ali

amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amjadkarim16 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 pm

hi,
What can I say dear. I can tell you that quality of Khairuddin u/o is excellent.I think I have explained in best possible ways about how different is khairuddin than others which is rather unethical to even write with bit of emotion but i did it. And I have no personel interests in uncles business.Guns were appreciated by all of you and Khairuddin name is now known to 100 people more whose appreciation does matter.This recognition is enough.
Nothing more to say and I wont be talking about it anymore.
Office number is 01912431390 (factory.)
you can talk to them directly about any querries whatsoever.
Kindest regards
Amjad

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:56 am

Sorry to bringing this to live again, Is there any one who can carry out the field trial of Khairuddin. I would try to see if can work with any seller in delhi.
But if some one already has and can publish on this, it would be really helpful to many more ppl.

gorakhurmi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gorakhurmi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 pm

modern o/u is best no problems fired near about 25 on last sunday
go for it price is near about 25 thousand

rjshv
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rjshv » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:25 am

I helped my friend buy an Indian shotgun from Meenakshi Sundaram Nadar, Madurai 3 years back. After checking out nearly 6 brands and types, I settled for a side-by-side DBBL made by Girilal & Co. It's a 30" barrel and I don't think either of the barrel was choked. It costed around 40k compared to the 25k of other Indian guns. The fit and finish and mechanism smoothness was best of the lot. I've shot from BSA, Webley, Khurmi, Meher Sing and Newlight. Somehow the way the Girilal gun perfectly shouldered, the smoothness of mechanism all reminded me of the BSA. Points I checked out were:

1. Shouldering and natural eye alignment to bead - Good
2. Safety catch ease of use - Fair
3. Metal quality and for any imperfections - Good, just a bit of roughness at edges that's ok.
4. Wood quality, cracks or blemishes if any - Good
5. Balancing of gun - Good
6. Mechanism smoothness while removing and putting the barrel back on - Fair
7. Stock length, shape, and ergonomics - Fair, would've been better if it was an inch longer.
8. Weight - surely lighter than all other Indian weapons and just about the necessary weight to handle recoil - Good.

Of course it does'nt really compare to the English perfection in shotguns, but well... for the average user, it will feel like 70% of the imported ones, while other guns I checked out would be an unacceptable 40%. Should confess I have'nt shot from too many Indian shotguns, but the Girilal ones must sure be worth considering - if they still make the same quality.
V. Rajesh
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.