Import DBBL- don't know how to value it

Posts related to shotguns.
arjun6300
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Import DBBL- don't know how to value it

Post by arjun6300 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:23 am

Hello Indians for Guns,
I have been given an imported DBBL that was owned by my grandfather. Due to difficulty of getting a license as well as being far away from home, I've decided to sell it. But due to my zero knowledge in the topic, I have no idea whom to trust in valuing it. Please provide me with your knowledge and help me deal with this situation.
Ps: when the British left, the gun was given to a local who then sold it to my gradfather. Attached below are pictures of the same. Location: Mangalore Thank you 🙏

For Advertising mail webmaster
hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Import DBBL- don't know how to value it

Post by hornet22 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:33 pm

You can go to simson gun shop in Mangalore they will be able to guide you

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:16 pm

arjun6300 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:23 am
Attached below are pictures of the same.

There are no photos attached. Without knowing the details and condition of the gun, it is difficult to offer any suggestions. Take some clear photos in sunlight, clearly showing the entire gun, all the markings on it and inside the barrels, and post them here.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

arjun6300
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arjun6300 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:00 pm

GVS
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GVS » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:19 am

arjun6300 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:00 pm
Drive link for pics and video:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... CDwDZxEl9s
HI Arjun,

The gun looks like a model 515 buckhorn double barrel 12guage manufactured by J Stevens Arms company in Massachusetts USA. This model was manufactured between 1936 and stopped in 1940.

I can see rusting near the trigger guard and the metal seems pitted. Needs some wood work as well.

Guns of this type which are in good condition sell for around Rs.20-25k in the US. Not sure how much you will get here as its not in mint condition and poorly maintained.

Best to take it to your local shooting club and see if it is functional and then get it valued.
Being in your own business means working 80 hrs a week so that you don't have to work 40 hrs for somebody else

arjun6300
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arjun6300 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:48 am

GVS wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:19 am
arjun6300 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:00 pm
Drive link for pics and video:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... CDwDZxEl9s
HI Arjun,

The gun looks like a model 515 buckhorn double barrel 12guage manufactured by J Stevens Arms company in Massachusetts USA. This model was manufactured between 1936 and stopped in 1940.

I can see rusting near the trigger guard and the metal seems pitted. Needs some wood work as well.

Guns of this type which are in good condition sell for around Rs.20-25k in the US. Not sure how much you will get here as its not in mint condition and poorly maintained.

Best to take it to your local shooting club and see if it is functional and then get it valued.
Thank you for identifying the gun my friend. We used to oil every 6 months and take care of the gun. But since it's been deposited with a dealer since few years they haven't done the same. Hopefully some maintainence will get it good as new. 🙏 Thank you again