Semi Auto Shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Semi Auto Shotgun

Post by Lawman » Mon May 05, 2008 8:28 pm

Hi,

Yesterday at the range, I saw a man firing a Remington Semi-auto 12 Bore Shotgun equipped with a scope. :o Is it a NPB firearm ? :? If so, then under which category of arms-licence, a citizen can keep this firearm (like DBBL, SBBL etc.) ?

I also saw the new Shaktiman Hollow-point cartridges. It looked superior than the KF one. Any one fired this cartridge recently ? Is it safe to fire the Shaktiman Hollow-point cartridges from Astra 12 bore DBBL (full choked barrels) ? :?:

Waiting for comments.

Lawman

For Advertising mail webmaster
hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Semi Auto Shotgun

Post by hock ann » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Never seen a DBBL in this category but The Semi-Autos such as Single barrel Rifle or Gun which hold several cartridges but do not entail any movement by hand for the purpose of ejection of the previously fired cartridges & the insertion of a fresh cartridge into the barrel as these functions are done automatically for firing each cartridge, a seprate pull of the trigger is necessary, i.e. on each pull of the trigger only one cartridge is fired.
Many babus think the pump actions to be semi-autos.
The Single barrel Rifle or gun with Bolt action,Pump action or Leaver action having a box/ tube magazine. These weapons holds cartridges in their box/tubular magazine but before firing each cartridge, the bolt has to be reopened & closed or the pump has to be repeated as the case may be. The opening & closing of the bolt or repetition of the pump operate the ejection of the previously fired cartridge in the barrel & the insertion of the fresh cartridge from the magazine into the barrel as the case may be These class of weapons are not to be treated as Semi-autos. but fall under the NPB category. I had a copy of the order issued from the central Govt. stating the Pump action to be of normal NPB category shall try to post soon.
Regarding the S.man cartridges don't forget to check the barrel after every use if you ever use it.
HK,
Last edited by hock ann on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:23 pm

i owned a franchi spas 12 once upon a time, and that was semi auto.

as for the arms act, correct me if i am wrong (maybe i am ) the semi auto rules apply to rifles only.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:36 pm

Where did you find it in the Arms Act ? it includes the guns also.
HK,

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm

i don't have the act handy, but from my last reading it, that was the impression left on my brain. like i said i could be wrong, thus i did not quote the chapter and verse etc.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.