Shotguns made in India.

Posts related to shotguns.
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: made in india over/under

Post by sa_ali » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:34 pm

till date we have not being able to get confirmation as to if any of the indian made O/U can hold on in the competition shooting. All those old experiance ppl i spoke they gave me the story of barrell heating up after 10 rounds.

Even though, we got confirmation that the new khairuddin is made with EN-9 steel. Which much better and they are hardened too. But no field trial result :cry:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi Msandhu the Mehar Singh you are talking about,please check the year of make,if its early 90s to 2001,hold on to it,old man Mehar Singh God bless him wherever he is had made these guns in EN 9 Steel which he had imported from Czech,in the late 80s,these were mainly s X s,but i have seen a cpl of O/Us in this,the guns must be 25 years old but their ejectors are still so crisp and everthing works perfectly.He had a passion for making guns,sadly the same didnt continue.

Steve007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Steve007 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:21 am

I just came acrosss this thread and must say it has been quite interesting and instructive.

Just got back from shooting 100 rounds of Sporting clays with three friends. Guns shot by us were A) Winchester 101 Trap --1970s B) Browning Citori Sporting Clays model--2008 C) Simson pre-WWII DT SxS - German D) my 20g Guerini Magnus. Thus two Japansese, an Italian and a German gun. Two with screw-in choke tubes(extended), two fixed chokes. 3 O/U, 1 S/S. Two 28" barrels , two 30". 3 12s and a 20g.

I probably shot the least well, but I haven't shot the Guerini for a few years and I'm used to an 8#+ target gun on SC instead of a 6# 5 ounce art object.

Wish you guys had been there. We would have loaned you our guns.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 am

Sreve007

do post the picture of your shotty's and Caesar Guerini in particular?

best

Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Which Indian made Shotgun

Post by .32 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Im in the process of finalizing a decent Indian made Shotgun for myself. In due course, I've seen/tried many Shotguns but narrowing in on 1 is a difficult task. Blame it on the quality, feel of the Indian made Guns.

The ones which caught my fancy were:

VISCO: Made in H.P. light weight, good build quality,cross-bolt, ejector, price ~ 27k

MODERN: looks good, 26" barrel, for ~ 22K

MEHAR SINGH: OU, nice carvings, cross-bolt, ejector, 26" barrel length, for ~ 22k

Goverdhan Lal SHIKARI: heavy, cross-bolt, ejector, 26" barrel, for ~ 23k

Don't know how good or bad Indian made ejector Guns are!

Any suggestions on which one to go in for or any other good make I should try?

amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Which Indian made Shotgun

Post by amjadkarim16 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:12 pm

hello
MEHAR SINGH O/U is extractor and not ejector.Check out Khairuddin O/U.It is selective ejector .Check my earlier posts in shotgun section.You will find ample information by experts in this forum.
Regards
Amjad

-- Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 am --

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8535

Check this link.

Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .32 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm

A selective ejector ejects only the fired cart?

The problem with Mehar Singh O/U was that when the breach was opened, only one ejector corked, while the other corked while starting the closing movement of the breach. What problem could be this?

-- Thu May 20, 2010 6:04 am --

Also saw a Giri Lal SbS, 32" for ~ 28k.

& a Khurmi 26" with ejector but had a silencer type of design at the barrel end, not to my liking.

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Thu May 20, 2010 5:50 pm

OH .32 is back. naahhheeeeeeee . :D

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri May 21, 2010 5:55 am

grewal wrote:OH .32 is back. naahhheeeeeeee . :D
8)

Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .32 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:06 am

Haaannnnnnn......the nightmare is back! :lol:

Returning to the topic, does someone know the correct prices for Modern Side by Side Dbbl?

Gun dealers across the state seem smitten by VISCO, all speak highly of it & recommend it eyes closed.

Also came across a BHATI Gun - 22", ejector & with FOLDABLE Butt. It could be used as a dual purpose Gun, pistol grip during carrying & regular shoulder butt for taking aim. The Foldable Butt is by Gunaccessory.

Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .32 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Come Tomorrow & I shall be visiting some more Gun dealers.

Any feedback on Girilal & Green & Co?

Khairuddin availability is an issue, have not been able to come across a single piece.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Tue May 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Just how many shotgun makers are there in India? I didnt know we had such a cottage industry for making them.

Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .32 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Shotguns are all that are manufactured in India, hope other arms & ammo. were also made!

There are plenty of small & medium sized manufacturing units but the sector is hugely un-organised & there's a complete absence of quality goods. Inspite of so many manufacturing units, no Gun made in India is upto International standards/quality. The weapons are crude, rough & cheap imitations of imported arms.

full_circle
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Shotguns made in India.

Post by full_circle » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 am

There is a lot of interest in new, made-in-India shotguns, and unfortunately, information is not very forthcoming. There is a general consensus that the desi shotguns are not good, but the same is also true of the IOF rifles. Like the threads on IOF rifles, reviews of desi shotguns will help all potential buyers... I am sure not every shotgun owner on this forum owns only Purdeys and Berettas, some should own / have owned a desi shotgun... please contribute experiences

From our forum, a shortlist of made-in-India shotguns and some comments:

IOF - no longer made for / sold to civilians
Girdharilal - a good BSA copy made in Munger
Modern - forum has some good things to say about this Jammu make
Khairuddin - forum has some good things to say about this Jammu make
Visco - made in Mandi, read somewhere that this make used to be exported
MeherSingh / Khurmi - forum has good things to say about this Jammu make which is no longer manufactured due to infighting between heirs
Bhargav Arms - the owner of this Jammu make is a member on our forum
Rex - made in Rewa
GovardhanLal Shikari
Bhati - with a foldable butt
Mohali & Pune | NRAI Life Member | IOF .32 Mark 2 | Beretta DT11 | .22 coming soon

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Shotguns made in India.

Post by dsingh » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Regards ,
There is distinct feature in each gun which cannot be found in others I will cite an example in Bharat arms guns of kathua the chamber is better although I never liked this gun . In mehar singh system is better. But I did try 4 types of guns while firing 30 to 90 years old amno these were bharat gun , rajput gun works gun,mehar singh gun and not so beautiful looking eagle of santhakhoo gun works. It was unbelieveable all other guns missed aaaand failed to fire old cardridges but eagle gun did manage to fire all 40 cardridges without any missed among the fired were 8 with copper capping which dealers refused to buy calling it junk. Similarily I was told pritam singh and sons has same quality but it is very heavy I did reject it . I was told in a village near Ropar . a very old person house was attacked by the armed gang of 25 people carrying rifles ,pistols and shotguns .That senoir person went up to roof top and did returned the the fire from his shot gun and all escaped after even leaving a .315 bore rifle that gun that protected that senior citizen was the gun made in pritam singh and sons but police did not even register a case it happened in 2006 or 7.