Shotguns made in India.

Posts related to shotguns.
vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Fri May 02, 2008 10:04 pm

i personally have a modern shotgun ...it is just a situation of beggers cant be choosers... dont buy any indian shotgun if you can afford someting imported
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat May 03, 2008 1:23 am

vishosingh";p="43343 wrote:i personally have a modern shotgun ...it is just a situation of beggers cant be choosers... dont buy any indian shotgun if you can afford someting imported
Hang on to that Baikal mate,you wont regret it :wink:

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sat May 03, 2008 11:23 am

I ditto that Sanjay, a good advice. Baikal is certainly better than any gun made in India NOW.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Sat May 03, 2008 12:28 pm

am only selling the baikal as i am taking up trap seriously, otherwise would have held on to it
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: made in india over/under

Post by perazzi » Tue May 06, 2008 1:11 pm

I have an indian s/s shotgun and am personally very happy with it.
Maybe i just got lucky with this particular piece but for those of you who may be interested the company is called "Imperial".
I bought the shotgun in '93 and it still shoots beautifully.
It has 26" barells and both barrels are cylinders.

Cheers Rohit.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Thu May 08, 2008 7:12 pm

There are a few companies making O/U s that are located in Jammu.

1. Modern
2. Meher Singh and sons / Khurmi ( belongs to same family)
3. Khairuddin and sons
4. Free India

etc.etc.

Mostly they are heavy, with double independent triggers, with ejectors and barrel length 26/28/30.

I have heard some good things about Modern but its just hearsay you should realise. The problems with the Indian O/U s are :-

1. They are heavy
2. Not well balanced
3. One of the chambers develops problems, mostly lower ; resulting in misfire.
4. The rib ( if present) on the upper surface of the top barrel " comes off " as the firearm is used for sometime and then it gets very difficult to put it back .
5. No matter what the dealer/factory guy says, the barrels are always cylinder and never choked by any stretch of imagination.

Does anyone have any views about Khairuddin and sons O/U guns?? Can anyone give me a price idea about this gun? It is not available in Punjab but I do understand that it is freely available in UP and MP.

best ,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi RP,
I am not sure if i totally agree with you about cylinder choke ( i might be wrong on it ) in all indian made shotguns. We have Mehar Singh & Sons SxS shotgun and i can see that there is some constriction in it ( muzzle diameter is smaller than the diameter at chamber) . Cylinder bore is the one with no constriction. Please correct me if i am wrong
Cheers
MSandhu

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Thu May 08, 2008 11:45 pm

i think some indian guns come with chokes.i came across a very old nakasy SBBL which looked like a full choke.but no idea about DBBL....

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Shotgun Manufacturing in Jammu

Post by herb » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:09 am

I have been following the the thread on "Best Indian made shotguns" and I keep hearing about Jammu again and again in the context Indian shotgun manufacturers, are there lot of shotgun manufacturers concentrated around Jammu ?

Will someday Jammu become in India what Liege was in Belgium or Eibar is in Spain ?

Herb

varun.bhargav
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Shotgun Manufacturing in Jammu

Post by varun.bhargav » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi Herb

Hi Good to see that jammu guns popularity are going so fast . I am also a gun manufacturer and have just shifted my premises from the old premises in order to manufacture quality guns . I have added few imported machinery also and hope to provide you all good finished guns with qulity action like those found in english guns

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by herb » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:42 am

Hi Varun,

Nice to know that you are into the gun manufacturing. Please post the details of the guns you are planning to manufacture, with photos if possible.

Herb

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:29 am

Hey varun,

I want to know what kind of license do arms manufacturers get. is it specific to 12 bore.. or can you manufacture a 20 bore if you get an order?

Also, is there any design constraints in the license.. e.g. If I want something like a coach gun.. which can be broadly described as a short barrel dbbl. is there any restriction on what you manufacture .. is there a "standard approved design" which you have to manufacture. or you have some creative liberty here..

There is a great scope for customized design..

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

jamespurdy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jamespurdy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi my name is Altaf, its good to know that good quality Guns are manufactured in Jammu, I have recently applied for arms license, I wish to purchase a D.B.B.L 12 bore gun probably an O/U, I have come to know that Jammu make Modern O/U is good for sports purpose, can you suggest a good side by side or O/U Gun imported or Indian. my budget is approx rs 25000/-Please give me your inputs.
Thankyou.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Varun, A bit late, but very interesting to have you on board.
My impression is, with a couple of generations of BAAAD/local maal mentality, the manufacturers must have also tooled down and started catering to the 5000 rupee 'hathoda' market.
I wish you all the best in your endeavours.I still feel that if a quality shotgun is brought out in the Indian market, there will be a market for it, as compared to people paying huge prices for relics of the Boer war floating around...Given a choice, i would rather own a well made , made in 2009, Jammu made O/U than a 32 inch hammer trade gun.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .32 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Saw Indian made over-under 28" barrel for ~ 28-32k.