12 Bore IOF Pump Action Gun

Posts related to shotguns.
Cuppa
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: 12 Bore IOF Pump Action Gun

Post by Cuppa » Sat May 01, 2010 11:04 pm

ngrewal, thanks for explaining about the non-plastic cartridges and the economic situation in regards to pump actions in your country. I've learned a lot since joining and reading on this forum. Conditions vary widely from country to country and what may be the best choice in firearms in one country may not be the best in another, due to local conditions and circumstances. Point well taken.
Best regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
jminhas
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jminhas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:22 pm

how much should i pay for "remington 870" jminhas

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:42 pm

There is no yardstick about firearm prices in India. Even old "foreign made" junk is sold for lacs. Price is decided by the bargaining skills of the buyer and willingness of the seller to agree to the price.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:19 pm

hi im new in this forrum can any 1 guide to a good P/A shot gun my budget is 1.25l max..waiting for some good samaritan's advice and guidence

kartik8
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kartik8 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:12 am

I have a question
can i apply and get a licence for the pump action shotgun.
and if i get a licence can i book one with the ordinance factory.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 am

can any 1 guide to a good P/A shot gun
Please refer opinion of other members in previous posts in this thread. In India due to cartridge quality, it appears pump actions have some kind of cartridge cycling issues.
can i apply and get a licence for the pump action shotgun.
There is no need for separate license for "pump action shotgun". Legally there is no distinction between a single barrel shotgun and pump action shotgun. If your license mentions "NPB shotgun" or "NPB SBBL gun" or "NPB SBBL/DBBL gun" or "NPB shotgun/rifle", you will be able to buy pump action shotgun. If I would be in your place, I would mention "NPB shotgun/rifle" in my license application, since it will allow me maximum choice to buy from the type of long guns.
can i book one with the ordinance factory.
AFAIK IOF has stopped selling pump action shotguns to civilian market(probably due to instructions from MHA). You will have to buy from any arms dealer or license holder.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

kartik8
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kartik8 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:32 am

thanks for the info
also can you explain the difference between buckshot and birdshot and any other type????

thankyou

kartik

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 am

difference between buckshot and birdshot
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 82&start=0
any other type????
Shotgun slugs.

hornet
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 am

i am ;seriously looking to buy any pump action [preferably winchester or browning] 12 bore. can someone help. hornet. thanks and regards to all fellow members can recive e.mails at [email protected]

target shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by target shooter » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:08 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
goodboy_mentor wrote:AFAIK 12 bore IOF pump action shotgun is not being manufactured any more.
Wrong

D /Winni,
Is it availble for purchase from iof. pl drop a few lines.

Regards,
ts

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I don't think you will be able to purchase pump action shotgun from IOF. It is being said that MHA had asked IOF to stop selling pump action shotguns to civilians.

Cezar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Cezar » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:39 am

Amit357 wrote:Hi Prabhdeep,dont feel so sad as you didnt buy the Pump Action.Pump actions are very fussy with the ammo they fire,IOF 12 Bore always gets stuck in the chambers and you can only be sure if you are using imported ammo,even then they are a little problematic,i would disagree because of the place we live in as mentioned above that a pump action is better then a DBBL Gun,Dbbls are dependable,least fussy about the ammo and go on and on with a little bit of care.
My own humble view is that lesser the moving parts in a gun,lesser the headaches.The LUGER and the P38 being a very good example of the same,they have been around since 70 years or more and still work perfect,if given a choice ,stay with the DBBL,its a tested,tried gun for Indian conditions.Best

I got remington 870.......... Have about 1000 rounds through it.......never ha one problem.

-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 am --

Getting skeet shooter soon...........so i guess its going to be fun summer ......

gurdeepbahra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gurdeepbahra » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 am

Post deleted by mod as it defies what limited communication skills that we possess. in future try to frame a complete sentence for us lesser mortals. Mod

hornet
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:40 pm

i think in the given conditions ngrewal is right.here in india sometimes we dont have a choice in buying ammo so the problem ocurrs by the way how many of us had to fire regularly upto six cartridges other than while hunting wild boars.