IOF .22 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IOF .22 revolver

Post by Sakobav » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:31 am

eljefe

"Actually, I do not subscribe to the harassment we Indian CITIZENS get at the hands of the bureacracy-I am sure I would have had a licence renewed easily under the British when I have been a licence holder for 23 yrs, but here's what the the DCP lic said (because of my Muslim name?)
''oh, we thought you were a terrorist and did'nt renew." yes, its real life! I probably pay more tax than his theiving highness, who is the real (economic) terrorist -probably issues all sorts of funny papers for a bribe..."

This bad habit in India where we tend to pre-judge individuals into a box due to accent, caste, creed, religion etc and have preconceived generalize perception is rampant and pathetic :evil: . There should be a law or action against any official who has the gall to say that.

Indians havent really learned how to celebrate their diversity nor do they appreciate its benefits. One key reason why Indians assimilate easily abroad is because most of us have gone to school or college with folks from other states or diverse background and are used to adjusting to various cultures..

Cheers

For Advertising mail webmaster
amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Let me add this shocking statement.

Caste/Religion based hatred is alive, kicking, rampant and GROWING in India. We take one step forwards in a particular area (science, economics) but 10 steps backwards in the areas which can destroy us.

To be honest, I have lost hope.
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:10 pm

am waiting for Tarzan to get his 22 and post pics and experiences here... I havent lost hope 8)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:45 pm

well said eljefe...may God be with you...whichever name works. ROTFL ROTFL
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:59 pm

hi friends,
what is the state of new chambers for .22 IOF revolver. how much time its taking now to get weapon from factory? any idea?
I think that the invention of the Bullet is the most remarkable event in the history of mankind. It has the power to ensure both Humanity and Inhumanity.

REGARDS, PDN.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Still no update on the IOF .22. Did tarzan get posted to location where he cant check internet or he gave up on license. :(

Raghuveer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Raghuveer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:56 pm

I want to bye hand gun but bit confuse which bore and brand to go of iof......and availability of mark ii at Ambernath...raghuveer :|

Raghuveer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Raghuveer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:45 am

HI ANYBODY ADVICE ME ABOUT IOF .22 REVOLVER IS BETTER OR 32BORE WHICH ONE I WILLL GO FOR...

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:51 am

Please don't shout.... write in normal sentence case...

Raghuveer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Raghuveer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:12 am

PLEASE ADVICE ME INFORMATION ON IOF .22 STEEL VERSION REVOLVER.....

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Raghuveer wrote:PLEASE ADVICE ME INFORMATION ON IOF .22 STEEL VERSION REVOLVER.....
:shock:

steel version or aluminium version :D

jashwantsinh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by jashwantsinh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:03 pm

by manu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:59 am

badshah sir,
i didn't have new information about IOF .22 revolver, but when i make a phone call to factory last month regarding new steel .22, marketing manager didn't tell anything about it, though a sequrity officer from meerut UP work in this factory told me that new .22 steel revolver is ready but factory not distributing till all old aloy model distributed.

amzingly waiting period from factory is aprox one & half year.

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:25 pm

jashwantsinh wrote:i didn't have new information about IOF .22 revolver, but when i make a phone call to factory last month regarding new steel .22, marketing manager didn't tell anything about it, though a sequrity officer from meerut UP work in this factory told me that new .22 steel revolver is ready but factory not distributing till all old aloy model distributed.

amzingly waiting period from factory is aprox one & half year.
jashwant
.22 revolvers are available with all the gun houses ,the price varies between 46k - 55k
rest depends on your bargain power. My cousin has one , he bought it around 6 month ago and is fully satisfied . The only problem is that Indian ordinance cartridge jams every time you fire one, whereas no problem with imported amno . Indian amno costs 15 per piece and imported 35/-

jashwantsinh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by jashwantsinh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Grewal,

Thanks for sharing the information. I think the information you gave would be much important to all IOF .22
Revolver aspirents.

Regards,

Jashwantsinh.

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:56 pm

sa_ali wrote:Still no update on the IOF .22. Did tarzan get posted to location where he cant check internet or he gave up on license. :(

lol....no mate. was a bit busy.....not yet given up on the license. its moving too slowly though.....and i thought our procedures were complicated!!!

but i will buy the iof .22 and put up the pics!!! come hell or high water!!! the time frame however is anyones guess...

Tarzan