IOF PISTOL AUTO 9mm 1A

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IOF PISTOL AUTO 9mm 1A

Post by pdn70 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm

dear,
iof 9 mm is copy of browning GP 35. all dimensions and every thing is the exact replica of gp 35. i have been using it and also 9 mm glock fo last many years. indeed i found iof 9 mm no less than any 9 mm pistol except being crude. really love it. iof has been successful in copying GP 35.
I think that the invention of the Bullet is the most remarkable event in the history of mankind. It has the power to ensure both Humanity and Inhumanity.

REGARDS, PDN.

For Advertising mail webmaster
pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 pm

its true-----"unlike their Daddys, present gen Singhams like their 9mm's."
I think that the invention of the Bullet is the most remarkable event in the history of mankind. It has the power to ensure both Humanity and Inhumanity.

REGARDS, PDN.

djneog
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by djneog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:45 pm

D/ngrewal,
Read the comments in the link you pasted with your post.
Thanks.
djneog

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 pm

It`s actually a LICENCED copy of the Inglis built Browning Hi-Power so Browning factory parts and custom parts made for the Hi-Power should fit ......
( ........................... Yeah, believe that and you`ll believe anything ! )
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

sainikji
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sainikji » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:15 pm

If one has 9mm pistol, then whether IOF/dealer sell cartridges for it to civilians?

Also want to know whether cartridges for 9mm pistol is different from .32 Ashani or is the same and can be used in both the pistols

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:49 pm

dear sainikji
9 mm is prohibited bore and its licence is rarely given to civilians . only people like ambani etc get its licence. if you have a licence then you can purchase the cartridges from authorised dealers. yes 9 mm cartridges are quite different from .32 ashani pistol.

REGARDS, PDN.

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 pm

also ashani cartridges can not be used in 9 mm and vice versa.

REGARDS, PDN.

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:55 am

@mundaire. the pistol is one of the better quality products of the IFB.the external finish is horrible,but the machining on both of ours is quite good. it is very accurate in factory config. no need for import.you can maybe polish the sear and trigger contacts a bit to give lighter pull. the accuracy is same as a browning made hi -power, thats because original stamping somehow obtained from canada are used.i know a lot about this pistol, any queries ask awy.

have fun shooting!
technical

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:54 am

technical
WHat about the crappy ammo made by IOF :deadhorse:

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 am

@ngrewal some batches may not be good. but i have heard that the quality of 9mm iof is much better than the .223 remington(5.56 nato) manufactured by iof.
infact we still have some boxes from 1987 which function) quite well(proper velocity for a 9mm). though a little smoke comes. as of late the ammo manufactures for the army after 2011 is of high sstandards. aslo my uncle(army offr.) told me that the accuracy was excellent the last time he went to the range(ammo 2007 batch).so i'm guessing no problems there.but since you are in the /usa goos quallity ammo shouldn't be a problem.??

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:35 pm

hi
IOF 9 mm is exact replica of Browning GP 35. I have fired thousands of rounds from IOF 9 mm.. its very good weapon.

REGARDS, PDN.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:19 pm

technical wrote:@ngrewal some batches may not be good. but i have heard that the quality of 9mm iof is much better than the .223 remington(5.56 nato) manufactured by iof.
infact we still have some boxes from 1987 which function) quite well(proper velocity for a 9mm). though a little smoke comes. as of late the ammo manufactures for the army after 2011 is of high sstandards. aslo my uncle(army offr.) told me that the accuracy was excellent the last time he went to the range(ammo 2007 batch).so i'm guessing no problems there.but since you are in the /usa goos quallity ammo shouldn't be a problem.??

This may just be relevant. What are you comparing the IOF 9 mm with, ashani well its got to be better. How is it when we compare it to original Belgium made FN version of browning and how does it fare with other brands like Beretta, HK and the Walter ppq m2. As for the ammo a .32 is a simi rimmed ammo therefore does have the issue of a rim lock. With a rimless ammo like a 9 mm the issue does not arise at all.

That said if I had the option or a TR I really wont bother with any of the prohibited bores like a 9 mm or 45 acp. Just one 1911 from Wilson Combat chambered in 38 super would be good for me. If for what ever reason you don't want to spend that much 40 SW is another good alternative.....

Is the fit and finish of the IOF one anywhere like this one....
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:40 pm

@farook.
the iof's external finish like i said earlier, is not very good. it is a military service pistol and the external finish therefore does not matter. infact one os ours is my uncle's service pistol. he is currently a serving lt.colonel. so the price of 9mm ammo is not a problem :).
we also have a berettta 92 under PB license. but the hi power is known for its somewhat stronger springs.the internal machining is as good as an original browning.i will strip it fully and post photos when i find the time. you compare
regards,
technical
i am a staunch supporter of gun control. So come on,steady hands,good breathing and BANG.pew pew pew. bullseye!!! :D

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:13 am

9mm is PB and can be retained with special license grant from central govt. Commisioner or Dm sanctioned wont work for PB.

mrbindasdeepak
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IOF Hi Power reviews

Post by mrbindasdeepak » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:24 pm

My brother is in crpf can he get license of 9mm pistol? If yes how?