IOF ANMOL REVOLVER

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF ANMOL REVOLVER

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Pranab7 wrote: As per my understanding big is not so easy to handle.
Full sized handguns are easier to handle i.e. aim and fire than small sized guns.However they are not as easy to carry.You generally need to make a trade off between the two.

A longer barrel should lead to a slight increase in muzzle velocity and should make it easier to aim.

The difference in price is however ridiculous.At the most,it would require about Rs 100/- more to make it and they want 20,000/- more for it pre-tax.But then,no body questioned the IOF when paying Rs 80,000/- for the previous version.Why should they not shove it up your *** even further.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:55 pm

"...positive location of main spring..."
means they actually put in a mainspring? :roll:
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

eljefe wrote:"...positive location of main spring..."
That's nothing...Ashani has a range of 18.27 mm (millimeter) ??????????

http://ofbindia.nic.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/4.htm

brijendra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by brijendra » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:54 am

well mates i would like to inform that the long barrel one is not the IOF .32 revolver mk4 , it will come out from factory later...
DARWIN said " survival of the fittest "
I say " survival of the armed ones "

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Vineet wrote:
That's nothing...Ashani has a range of 18.27 mm (millimeter) ??????????

http://ofbindia.nic.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/4.htm
...sharp eye there Vineet! :)

18.27mm?... wow! perfect counter -sniper weapon ! ...and even if it were 18.27m (how do they figure that one out) isn't it a bit laughable to put that kind of absolute limitation rather than simply putting a round figure as "effective range" ? :)

One can imagine what happens at 18.28m... the bullet probably sublimates and residual stuff falls as angel-dust I suppose.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:28 pm

A nice and modern product the design is so unconventional.. come on guys lets support IOF and give em a standing ovation.... Don't u see a genius behind this design... Seriously what bullshit even a country like UAE has produced a modern pistol like caracal. http://www.caracal-firearms.info/caraca ... eview.html
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:41 pm

...also implies the mainspring was not positively located earlier... :shock: ... looks like a manifestation of the lakhs and crores being sunk into bogus R&D.... basically wasting time and resources 'researching' solutions to presumably non existent problems.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

Pranab7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Pranab7 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi,
As u all know that I am a new user in regard of a fire arm, hence would like to know is it good to load my revolver with 5 bullets instead of 6 bullet.? Just to safe guard our own interest in regard of any miss fire or in case of any snatching happens of your fire arm.
As I stay in a very remote area (country side type) hence its very necessary to carry it along.
Someone advise me to do so, hence thought it wise to ask all the experts.

Kindly provide me with your inputs.

Regards
Pranab
Thanks & Regards
Pranab

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:25 pm

is it good to load my revolver with 5 bullets instead of 6 bullet.? Just to safe guard our own interest in regard of any miss fire
If you have a revolver that does not have any safety(usually old single action revolvers fall into these type), only then it makes sense. Carrying such revolvers with a loaded chamber under the hammer is not safe. The hammer should be left down on an empty chamber so that if anything hits the hammer it does not fire.

Most modern double-action revolvers do have either a hammer block or a transfer bar, it prevents firing not originating from trigger(e.g. gun is dropped and hammer is it). It is not necessary to keep the chamber under hammer empty in these type of revolvers.
or in case of any snatching happens of your fire arm
If your firearm is snatched with only one chamber under the hammer empty, how is it going to help? Snatcher will pull trigger again and fire the next shot.

It is better to be alert to prevent snatching in the first place. Also do not let anyone know that you are going with a revolver, carry it concealed. Since you are in remote country side, instead of walking alone what about having a companion walk along with you? Two people are always better than one.

Or at least if you have a alert/ferocious dog, take him along with you. Snatching can only take place when you do not have time to react and snatcher is able to come very close to you. Snatchers usually suddenly pounce on their victims or become friendly, start talking and come close enough to suddenly snatch and run. If you have a large dog with you, at least you will have the excuse to say to the stranger(or even familiar villager) to talk with you from a safe distance because your dog has habit of biting etc.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Pranab7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Pranab7 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
I do not have an old revolver, bought a new one from Kanpur, hence its with all the safety required.
Further as u have advised I shall keep that point in my mind "carry it concealed." Is a very good idea.

First I thought by displaying it would keep the unwanted people away. But realized that it is making a wrong impression to other people who are not very comfortable by the sight of this product.
Hence now I shall follow your suggestion, thanks a lot.

One more thing I would like to ask you, is it good to have a holster, where the gun stays under the armpit. (Just like the english action heroes!!!)
Taking into a/c our indian weather conditions. And the amount of sweat we have during summer. Does that also diminishes the outlook of the gun.
Thanks & Regards
Pranab

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:53 pm

is it good to have a holster, where the gun stays under the armpit.
You can do this in winter season when you wear coat etc. You can simply slide your hand underneath the coat to quickly draw the gun out. But it will not be easy during other seasons because you will be wearing a shirt, T-shirt or kurta. You will either have to unbutton the shirt, or raise your T-shirt or kurta in a time consuming and clumsy manner. In my opinion it is easy to keep it in hip holster and keep it covered by long shirt or kurta. Moreover the sweat problem will be avoided in this manner.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Pranab7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Pranab7 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:06 am

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Won't it be good if I opt for a leg holster? Easy to wear and easy to use incase of requirement of the weapon.

I am asking u this question over and again as I move in a very high profile society and out there any display of your fire arm is either prohibited by the security personals or people r not comfortable.

But ultimately I need it for my self use, as I have already written about it, kindly advise

Thks
Pranab
Thanks & Regards
Pranab

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:04 am

Gentlemen,

The last few posts have completely hijacked this thread !! :OT:
If you care to check there are several threads on holsters and concealed carry issues.

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

amitmeerut
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amitmeerut » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 am

This product will not move in the market. Its barrel is too long and finishing does't seems to be good. The concept of revolver will be finished . They should have change the bore of the instrument. It should be in .380. If barrel would have changed. It might be rocking this time.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 am

Has anyone taken a good look at that photo (on page two) posted? It looks like a photoshopped photo and poorly photoshopped at that.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941