IOF .32 Pistol or Revolver - which is more reliable?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IOF .32 Pistol or Revolver - which is more reliable?

Post by Sakobav » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:46 pm

I am also divided on this issue. Basically per experience in India, I have seen Glocks jam more than IOF Browning pistol when they were using latest batch of ammo from ordnance and even folks using them were getting nervous. Glock worked great with imported ammo. In india ammo is an issue and training is also required - folks should know how to use their pistol or revolvers. Again lay persons react differently under pressure unlike trained police or defense personals. There used to be a member from pakistan on this board and you can read his experience on Pak guns forum (enigmatic desires) . Basically he was carrying his Turkish 9mm pistol and during a situation where he wanted to load and lock his pistol he ended up goofing it up. Now he carries Armenius 32 revolver since he believes its easier for him to aim without flinching, less recoil and can put more accurate fire at the target. Another person recounted how he fired 2 plus magazines of Markov when he got into rough stop.
Moral of the story train with your gun and get to know it better. Otherwise its nothing but expensive paper weight and also pray that folks keep their wits around when situation arises.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:31 am

ngrewal wrote:I am also divided on this issue.
Moral of the story train with your gun and get to know it better. Otherwise its nothing but expensive paper weight and also pray that folks keep their wits around when situation arises.
Exactly!

:agree:
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Here is a discussion between Revolver vs pistol across the border
http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?1 ... -Vs-Pistol

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:26 pm

hi ngrewal
its a endless debate that will go on for coming years.in new iof pistol there is problem of too much missfire and in iof pistols there is excess headspase.i.e when you chamber a cartridge in nes iof pistol cartridge case is cought by riflig lands means it takes lots of effort to eject live cartridge from pistol chamber and there is also problem with faulty kf ammo.in new models of iof revolvers its short firig pin and coilspring instead of leaf spring.i can say both product are crap(newones) both unreliable thanks.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:13 am

Navi, that's an interesting thread. I noted one poster maintained that a TT (Tokarev semi-auto) was safe to carry with the hammer down, which it certainly IS NOT!

The idea that revolvers never jam and pistols always do, for instance, is bunk. All one needs to do is read about the US Army trials of the 1911 to be dissuaded from that idea. Also, the idea that a revolver is simpler than a pistol hasn't taken both apart totally and put both back together again (or, in some cases, tried!).

I noticed that nobody mentioned that a pistol fits some hands better and a revolver fits other hands better.

The barrel length comparison was based on pretty poor reasoning.

I think that, on these forums, I have argued against most of the assertions made in that threat on one side or another -- I have taken both sides of the argument. In other words, whenever a poster is asserting that one or the other, pistol or revolver, is superior, I like to argue against their post, because there are good reasons for both types of handguns, and a "real expert" is not going to tell anyone that their choice is the best. They can say that they prefer one over the other for a number of reasons, and that's fair enough -- their reasons may well be quite valid -- for them. However, I think each person should first educate themselves on pistols and revolvers, and hopefully shoot both sufficiently, before making a choice for their own use.

(We should also point out that available ammunition can have a significant influence on a choice, as well.)

This last sentence is key: "…their own use." Each of us buys a gun for a personal reason. Few of us have exactly the same personal protection needs, the same hunting interests, the same interest in target competition, or even the same tastes. Some folks just like one over the other because they like one over the other, and that's plenty of reason to own a gun -- because you like it! Let's just shy away from the position that says, because I like something everyone else must agree that I'm the only one who is right about it!

I say, if you like a pistol, or if you like a revolver, for a specific or even a wide range of uses, good for you, and if you have reasons for liking one or the other, even better. But let's all recognize that one size doesn't fit all. Frankly, there is no need for a debate if everyone simply gets what they want, is there?

We get people coming aboard IFG asking for advice about such things, and we can give them reasons why, in the situation(s) they pose, one handgun or another might meet their needs best. But my opinion is that, when someone concocts a supposedly "scientific" list of "facts" that "prove" that one, revolver or pistol, is unquestionably superior to the other, then it is time to let a little gas out of that scientist's balloon.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:41 pm

One gun fanatic shortlists his best of 2012, well more revolvers than pistols

Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

karmveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karmveer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:01 pm

unique and ultimate answer !! by Karmveer
you can not play death game with pistol

i if revolver
you love me Thick (Trigger pressed)
You love me not Dhichkaav.(firing In The Air)

if pistol
you love me ? Dhichkaav. (Trigger Pressed Game Over)
ROTFL

karmveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karmveer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am

even if you own revolver then you don't need any assistant to incur shells.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:22 pm

my verdict will go in favour of revolver as there is no recoil as I have FGK revolver only issuse is tight trigger.It was resolved with the use of spray .Revolver is bettter in selfdefense situation.The pistol is basically offensive weapon but is not successful in that except for german pistols most of the pistols have jamming and bullet stuck problems .Such problems in revolvers r less it is due to mishandling.Pistols can never match the revolving chamber of revolver in case of jaming.So my advice is to go for revolver if u need for selfdefense if for hobby or amusement pistol is better choice.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:35 am

Its just too inconvenient to hold it with both hands. Move over the pressure release technology is just too primitive.
You don't hold a revolver with both hands?
What is this pressure release technology you are talking about? Some new fnagled IOF invention?
One gun fanatic shortlists his best of 2012, well more revolvers than pistols

You guys rely on Youtube for all your life and death decisions?
my verdict will go in favour of revolver as there is no recoil as I have FGK revolver only issuse is tight trigger.It was resolved with the use of spray .Revolver is bettter in selfdefense situation.The pistol is basically offensive weapon but is not successful in that except for german pistols most of the pistols have jamming and bullet stuck problems .Such problems in revolvers r less it is due to mishandling.Pistols can never match the revolving chamber of revolver in case of jaming.So my advice is to go for revolver if u need for selfdefense if for hobby or amusement pistol is better choice.
Where do you guys get this BS?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:14 pm

I would much prefer to hold a handgun with both hands. Issf rules do not allow it for target pistols but they have the perfect wooden hand grips

As mentioned before when a member of our club shoots a revolver we need to keep distance on either side and can the debris thrown out on either side, and to mention the loss of power...
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

thunderboy200688
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thunderboy200688 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:41 pm

IOF .32 revolver OR a BERETTA PISTOL -- Which is more reliable?

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:06 am

thunderboy200688 wrote:IOF .32 revolver OR a BERETTA PISTOL -- Which is more reliable?
The IOF .32...
reality vs. fantasy
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

thunderboy200688
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thunderboy200688 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:51 pm

@supershaji -- :-) witty...

thunderboy200688
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thunderboy200688 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:55 am

supershaji wrote:
thunderboy200688 wrote:IOF .32 revolver OR a BERETTA PISTOL -- Which is more reliable?
The IOF .32...
reality vs. fantasy
i have a arminius revolver and a beretta pistol...which should i keep and which should i sell??