IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
viyen azavedo
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by viyen azavedo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Finally received my call letter for collection. I am extremely thankful, to iof ambarnath to permit me to collect my weapon at my convenience. Just have to collect the TL.Does anyone have any idea how long does it get to collect a TL ? I am reaching thane 6 in the morning.Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Collected my revolver from FGF on 12th of this month. The finish is somewhat better than what my uncle has on his 2004 manufactured revolver. The grips are really bad, they do not even fit the frame properly. Planning to change them in near future. Trigger pull is better( i am comparing it to another FGF revolver made in December 2010) but i am not sure wether FGF has done some tweaking with trigger mechanism or it is another example of their famed quality control where two identical products may vary widely in fit and finish. The holster provided by the factory is better than what they were giving till last year. Lanyard is pathetic.
The TL was arranged by Ram Singh and he even sent one of his men with me to the factory since i didn't knew the way to factory. Post collection of revolver i bought one holster and 10 cartridges and drove to Lucknow the same evening to party.
Would have loved to post the images here but for some reason the site is not allowing me to do the same.

Regards,

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 pm

pran80 wrote:Would have loved to post the images here but for some reason the site is not allowing me to do the same.
You can upload pictures on photobucket/imageshack or similar sites and post the link here.

By the way, since you went to FGF Kanpur, any updates on long barrel Anmol revolver ?

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Doc,

You can access photos on http://profile.imageshack.us/user/pran80/. Long barrel Anmol revolver is sold by Small Arms Factory and not FGF. I came across one gentleman in the gun shop who had purchased an Anmol revolver but I could not handle it or take photos of it as my request was politely declined.
The touts told me that the maximum number of Anmols are being purchased by Arms Licencees in U.P. with very few from outside of U.P. opting for it. May be the press coverage of Anmol launch in vernacular new papers are a reason behind it. Another reason could be that waiting period for Anmol is about 3 months which is more than for Mark III revolver at FGF.
I will be uploading more photographs of my revolver in coming days once i get hold of a decent DSLR camera.

Regards,

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:28 pm

OT - I was talking to Factory officials while the paperwork was being sorted out, one of them said that there is a possibility of hiking the price of revolvers as the demand is good and also since Anmol is being lapped up at 110K the board is thinking of revising the price by another 10K for the short barreled one. Don't know how much substance this has, but looking at the past i think IOF is capable of doing this.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:01 pm

pran80,

Thank you for sharing the Kanpur News, unfortunately the link that you have posted just opens the imageshack home page. Can you please revise the link?

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:07 pm

The Doc wrote:pran80,

Thank you for sharing the Kanpur News, unfortunately the link that you have posted just opens the imageshack home page. Can you please revise the link?

best,
Rp.
Hi,
I think the correct link is
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/pran80

Cheers
MSandhu

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks MSandhu.

Congratulations pran80.

Rp.

viyen azavedo
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by viyen azavedo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks to all you great guys for your advice. I finally got my .32 IOF revolver from Ambarnath. Would share my experience. I reached thane early morning. The office opens at 10 am. Submitted my documents at 10 30 am,and was asked to come at 1230 pm to collect the TL. I was ready at 1230 sharp. Went straight to MPF at Ambarnath reached at 2 pm. handed over the documents and waited for about an hour. Everything went smooth,my baby was handed over with care at 3pm sharp by marketing manager himself.The staff was warm and helpful to answer queries. The markings are very clear,the finishing is excellent.smooth trigger pull.I was handed over the cleaning kit and a cheap looking holster.I am yet to fire and test.I am happy at this point of time.Thanks a lot for all your advices.

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:33 pm

What is the price of a KF cartridge now?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Lawman wrote:What is the price of a KF cartridge now?
Bought 100 cartridges today for Rs. 90 a pop.
Booking at COF, Chandigarh has been closed again for the next six months. They did not update their website regarding this nor do they answer phone calls causing a real inconvenience for the customers.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:48 pm

@ Pran80 - Congarts....the look and finish is really good. Looking forward to knowing the range report.

@Vineet - How did you bought 100 cartridges, doesnt your license has a limit per year.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:02 pm

perfectionist1: 150 cartridges are allowed on my license. But due to implementation of a new policy last year one is allowed to buy maximum 50 cartridges per license. I bought 50 on my and another 50 on my brother's license.
P.S. .32 revolver ammos are much cheaper in Haryana than in Punjab. In Haryana they are available at Rs.70 a pop

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Vineet wrote:perfectionist1: 150 cartridges are allowed on my license. But due to implementation of a new policy last year one is allowed to buy maximum 50 cartridges per license. I bought 50 on my and another 50 on my brother's license.
P.S. .32 revolver ammos are much cheaper in Haryana than in Punjab. In Haryana they are available at Rs.70 a pop
In Delhi they are available for Rs.38 a pop

carbine
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by carbine » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:48 pm

is there any differance between revolver made by Small arms factory & field gun factory.which is better to buy