IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
gillgurtej
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by gillgurtej » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:15 pm

My uncle picked up his .32 from Kanpur on the 2nd. It says Mark 3. The finish is a bit better than the previous models. The trigger is really heavy(double action) which you won't like after spending 75k+ and he had to pay Rs.600+ at the factory for the increase in price after he had booked it. No laser sight which the factory personal said will be Mark 4 next year. He had .32 IOF since 2000 which he sold after a problem.i.e. After firing a few shots one evening the firing pin got bent and he immediately got rid of it.

Gurtej Singh Gill

For Advertising mail webmaster
gillgurtej
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gillgurtej » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Another interesting incident regarding .32 IOF. There was another gentleman from Punjab who had come to pick his .32 at Kanpur who met my uncle. He had owned a previous model .32 IOF earlier. Few years back as some of you might be aware of that there were quite a few incidents of robberies by Kale Kache wale gangs(Looters in black Underwear) in Punjab and neighboring states. One evening his house was attacked by 5 such robbers. He brought out his .32 just in time and shot the first one in the thigh,the second one in the stomach and injuring the third one too. When he fired the 4th shot the firing pin broke. The rest of the gang attacked him with metal rods and swords and picked up his revolver and tried shooting him to no avail. Leaving him for dead when the alarm was risen in the village they ran away leaving their injured friends behind along with unconsious home owner. He had to go thru long recovery and had all the marks of his bravery still visible after few plastic surgeries.
He got rid of his old revolver as soon as possible and after being unable to find another better handgun due to price returned to buy the newer model .32 IOF after hearing it is better than earlier versions.

Gurtej Singh Gill

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:54 am

gillgurtej";p="60879 wrote: When he fired the 4th shot the firing pin broke. The rest of the gang attacked him with metal rods and swords and picked up his revolver and tried shooting him
Well this gentleman is making the SAME mistake the SECOND TIME !! Reliability of a firearm is the most important factor and can cost the owner his life in a similar situation you have described. Makes me wonder about the need of a back up gun in a home defense situation. Most people would buy a revolver and think their home is safe .

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:28 pm

gillgurtej";p="60879 wrote: Another interesting incident regarding .32 IOF. There was another gentleman from Punjab who had come to pick his .32 at Kanpur who met my uncle. He had owned a previous model .32 IOF earlier. Few years back as some of you might be aware of that there were quite a few incidents of robberies by Kale Kache wale gangs(Looters in black Underwear) in Punjab and neighboring states. One evening his house was attacked by 5 such robbers. He brought out his .32 just in time and shot the first one in the thigh,the second one in the stomach and injuring the third one too. When he fired the 4th shot the firing pin broke. The rest of the gang attacked him with metal rods and swords and picked up his revolver and tried shooting him to no avail. Leaving him for dead when the alarm was risen in the village they ran away leaving their injured friends behind along with unconsious home owner. He had to go thru long recovery and had all the marks of his bravery still visible after few plastic surgeries.
He got rid of his old revolver as soon as possible and after being unable to find another better handgun due to price returned to buy the newer model .32 IOF after hearing it is better than earlier versions.

Gurtej Singh Gill
Ask the fellow to take up the matter with the DGQA,IOFB.But then again who does it.The IFG'ian who experienced case ruptures while firing his IOF .32 revolver certainly seems to have done nothing beyond posting here.

I have prepared an illustrated write up on the IOF .315 and the .32 auto that I own and will post it to the DGQA.Lets see what they have to say.Don't hold your breath though :evil:

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:26 pm

penpusher";p="60925 wrote: I have prepared an illustrated write up on the IOF .315 and the .32 auto
penpusher,

If you think appropriate , how about sharing the write up here on IFG. I would really appreciate another well written piece from you.

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

naklipakli
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

revolver

Post by naklipakli » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:52 am

can anyone tell me how to get a transport license from dm kanpur
and how and where to buy covers for .32 revolver

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:33 am

N

Conduct some research on this website..
The search section is the box with the title " google Search "box on the lower right hand side of the page.

Enter the key words and then select IndiansforGuns radio button and then click on search.

It should bring up some posts on narratives of members and their experience for the same process

Cheers

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:46 am

The entire process has been listed in detail. Just read thru and all your queries will be answered.

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

iof .32 revolver

Post by grewal » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Hello friends
I am planing to buy an iof .32 revolver .And for that I will have to get it booked first. Now the confusion is that there are two factories manufacturing the .32 revolver i.e. Small Arms Factory and Field gun Factory. Both have different booking forms . But both are located at same address . Now I am confused that which factory to opt for and which one will be able to provide me my weapon sooner than the other. And can any of my friend at ifg tell me that is there any difference in the quality of the weapon produced by them or is it the same . And there is a bit of confusion about the price also , can anyone tell me the exact price of the revolver (except 75930/- published on ifb web page)if there is any mistake in that price. I will be thankful for your esteemed advice .

Prabhdeep Singh Grewal
Ludhiana, PB.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:06 am

This has been discussed in detail in another thread. Pls read thru and get all the info....

Remember, you'll be stuck for 5 years with a new IOF 32 rev.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Penpusher,
Just to inform you that I did move my a@@ and sent a detailed write up of the ruptured shells to the Times of India, highlighting their magnificent standards of both their gun and their ammo. The TOI reported back saying that I should find other users of IOF products who have had similar experiences before they can publish the article.

I wrote here on IFG but nobody picked up the cue...

Well there seem to be some elaborate experiences discussed here now... much to the dismay of the advocates of IOF !! :evil:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Olly";p="62519 wrote: Penpusher,
Just to inform you that I did move my a@@ and sent a detailed write up of the ruptured shells to the Times of India, highlighting their magnificent standards of both their gun and their ammo. The TOI reported back saying that I should find other users of IOF products who have had similar experiences before they can publish the article.

I wrote here on IFG but nobody picked up the cue...

Well there seem to be some elaborate experiences discussed here now... much to the dismay of the advocates of IOF !! :evil:
So when are you selling your IOF junk and getting a good Babbley.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:51 am

penpusher";p="62538 wrote: getting a good Babbley.
beblayy :lol:
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:55 am

badshah0522";p="62561 wrote:
penpusher";p="62538 wrote: getting a good Babbley.
beblayy :lol:
eyannd eeskaat. :)
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:32 pm

penpusher";p="62538 wrote: Babbley.

I have actually heard people pronounce it like that in these parts .:) :)

By the way should it be pronounced as "LEE" or "LAY" ?

RP.