IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 pm

A word of warning to members who wish to buy the IOF revolver,I have seen rust in the barrels of brand new revolvers.Probably a result of careless cleaning after test firing them. KF .32 S&W Long cartridges use corrosive primers.

For Advertising mail webmaster
HarneetSingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HarneetSingh » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Recently bought 2001 model IOF .32 bore Mark-I revolver from a local dealer for 1,20,000 rs.
I am a total novice in this world and have no knowledge wotsoever of guns. On outside this revolver looks good, with little bit modifications done on it.
I bought it on total faith on Dealer.
I, request seniors here for start up tips, n let me know if it was a good deal? I know it wud have come cheap if i was ready to book n wait..

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 am

HarneetSingh wrote:Recently bought 2001 model IOF .32 bore Mark-I revolver from a local dealer for 1,20,000 rs.
I am a total novice in this world and have no knowledge wotsoever of guns. On outside this revolver looks good, with little bit modifications done on it.
I bought it on total faith on Dealer.
I, request seniors here for start up tips, n let me know if it was a good deal? I know it wud have come cheap if i was ready to book n wait..
Hi Harmeet,

What type of modifications have been carried out?

All the best.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

HarneetSingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HarneetSingh » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:23 pm

HI miroflex,

Nice wooden grips, chrome plating on cylinder, trigger and hammer (not sure abt terminology)
The grooves in barrel seem to be nice n shining.

Regards

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Dear Friends,

Current waiting period in FGK, Kanpur is 40-41 days, though they claim it to be 50 days over phone.
Atleast communication with FGK is excellent, if compare to SAK, Kanpur.
The weblink for tracking the delivery date is excellent, appreciate them -

http://www.fieldgunindia.gov.in/32rev.htm

Cheers..

bishnoi29
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bishnoi29 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

nathb wrote:whic dealer of haryana & in which city
dealer is in hisar selling .32 revolver cartridges for 80 a pop anyone can buy :)
PEACE UP GUYS !!!!!

Jainendra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jainendra » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 am

andy_65_in wrote:whats the cost of this revolver ex Kanpur now.has it increased beyond what the IOF website says.also are bookings ex Chandigarh on or not
Yes, At Kanpur FGF price on 10 Oct 2012 was 85652/-INR.

manish.pabale
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by manish.pabale » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Can anyone tell dimension of "Revolver 0.32 (7.65 mm x 23)"
Lenth X Height X Width
more particularly thickness of the revolver

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Manish, length is 177.8 mm, Height is 140 mm and thickness (of the cylinder) is 40 mm.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Hello friends ! Received my revolver (.32) from FGF Kanpur on 21/11/2012 . Finish seems to be okay but trigger pull is very heavy , also seems ejector is not working properly (sometimes works sometimes doesn't ) . Can anyone guide me in this respect ? Also where can I get trigger work done at Patna . I'd also want to know how to clean and oil the weapon and which oil to use ? At FGF they suggested to use USHA machine oil only.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Dear All,

I received my brand new IOF 0.32 rev from FGK on in Nov last.
Very good weapon, as suggested by WTF earlier, I could see milling dust heavy inside barrel, weapon was oiled when received.
Box - hard case is useless, however leather holster is good, much better than what I bought and had earlier from dealers. Its an ouside waist hoslter with good cut and clip.
Brush set is good.

I cleaned the weapon thoroughly with Ballistol and inside the barrel as well, passed many patches, then oiled with Singer machine oil on the moving parts, fired two shots in a safe place.

The weapon was soooooo smooth, fired both single action and double action, I used IOF cartridges for shooting, got it from Durga armoury near FGK.
To my amazement there was no vibration or recoil while firing. I need to check more on the weapon as it can only be in case I have grown very strong suddenly or the bullet was loaded with less grains or there is a magic.

While post firing cleaned the weapon with Ballistol and oiled.

Ballistol, I have written about it in my earlier post while cleaning my grand fathers 12 bore DBBL, has again done excellent job, the barrel is shining from inside.

Guys, I actually took time to keenly verify my details on Invoice, delivery challan etc and technically - checked rifling and timing of the weapon inside the waiting area of FGK as soon as I got the delivery.
There were some corrections to be done on Invoice, it was done without fuss my officials.

Overall it is a good weapon for the price paid....however quality of metal ( and paint job) is something I am not very satisfied with.

Just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

Overall FGK experience was good, reported at 8.45 am, went by car, came out of factory by 12 noon.

Cheers....

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Word of advice for new shooters -

1. Please do not keep your hands/fingers or someone very near to the either side of the cylinder while firing...gases coming out of the cylinder may hurt b adly.

2. Clean your weapon after shooting, inside out.

3. Bearing weapon is a great responsibility, so handle & store properly.

Safe shooting..

Cheers....

james789
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by james789 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:15 pm

hi friends i want to book a revolver from field gun factory for my cosin. may u tell me the exact price of it n delivery period.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 pm

@james, In the same thread, I have put in the URL (weblink) from where you can trace the delivery date.
Hope by now you might have go the call letter from FGK.
It usually take 35-40 days to delivery.

Cheers...

sasidiab
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sasidiab » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:54 pm

james ,
it is definitely 30 to 40 days waiting period ,my case it is 35 days from HVF,chennai.regarding cost varies from factory to factory. between 75- 82 thousands.