IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by perfectionist1 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:20 pm

@Doc Bhatta - Dont go for trigger job, they will ruin it, in new IOF rev it is a spring and not leaf, will be easy after a few fires.

I would recommend you to use Ballistol for cleaning the gun and run patches, then oil all moving parts with Singer Machine oil.....

You can buy Ballistol from http://ballistol.in/ballistol-spray-400-ml-p-185.html
Email or call them, they will ask you to deposit money in their account and then deliver it from courier.
I have used the services, found it good. Your descrition is requested.

Safe shooting.....

For Advertising mail webmaster
Baba z
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Baba z » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 pm

perfectionist1 wrote:@james, In the same thread, I have put in the URL (weblink) from where you can trace the delivery date.
Hope by now you might have go the call letter from FGK.
It usually take 35-40 days to delivery.

Cheers...

Hi Can u pls tell me, in how many days i can get the call letter from FGK, my Application is received at their end on 7th of jan 13

Baba z
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Baba z » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 pm

can u pls share the link again

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:15 pm

baba,
u call them on their telephone after 14 jan and ask them the date of collection.they will tell you. postal letter may be received late say what i assume by end of jan and date of collection would be close to 27 feb.
I think that the invention of the Bullet is the most remarkable event in the history of mankind. It has the power to ensure both Humanity and Inhumanity.

REGARDS, PDN.

Baba z
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Baba z » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:16 pm

dear PDN70, i contacted one of the agent out there, he told me that the letter will be received by 15th of Jan and delivery can happen in Jan only(end),
don't know how to confirm,
in case you have the Phone number for Inquiry, pls do share with me
i had tried checking on the Site of FGK, (Track your booking) but it is showing the DD dates upto 2012,, unfortunately my DD Date is 1st of jan 2013,
i had also sent a mail to teh Factory but noone replied yet
Pls guide

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:30 pm

here is the number for you dear- 0512 2295104. call after 10 o clock. if no response call between 1500-1630 hrs. a lady will pick up phone and answer queries. stay here, tomorrow i will give u contact no of very reliable advocate who will help u with the process.
I think that the invention of the Bullet is the most remarkable event in the history of mankind. It has the power to ensure both Humanity and Inhumanity.

REGARDS, PDN.

Baba z
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Baba z » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:37 pm

dear pdn70,
waiting for the number

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:28 pm

dear baba,
his name is mr ajay kumar dwivedi-advocate. mobile no -9415127076 and 9415100283. he will make all arrangements for NOC /TL etc.

REGARDS, PDN.

Baba z
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Baba z » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:56 pm

hi got the Call letter three days back, hoping for the best, let c what i get

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Dear perfectionist1 sorry for replying sooooo late . Should have got back earlier thanks a lot for your advice . I didn't go for triggerwork anyway , what I found out was that trigger eased out automatically after a few rounds of firing ( 36 rounds to be precise ) . Though it is still a bit hard , still very much usable . Also for anyone willing to buy IOF .32 revolver ,let me make it clear that build quality has improved substantially these days . I found my weapon to be surprisingly accurate . Actually I was quite apprehensive before the purchase . My only displeasure was the grip which is quite worthless in my humble opinion . I have changed mine and believe me it looks good with wooden grips also wooden aftermarket grips feels sturdy . I have learnt a lot from this forum . Thanks again everyone for guiding me . Will keep posting about my experience .

Baba z
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Baba z » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 pm

dear also tell me which spray do i use to clean the barrel and the revolver overall....

s k rajdev
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by s k rajdev » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:58 am

Dear All,

First of all i would thank indiaforguns.com for providing excellent platform for getting guidance form experienced gun holders in India,They are very less due to strict gun laws of the land. I got my .32 Revolver/Pistol license few days back and going for IOF .32 revolver ,

1. Request you to advise if in SAF Kanpur one is allowed to inspect his allotted piece, after inspecting if one is not proper can he choose another one ?
2. Are SAF revolvers are tested before giving delivery ?
3. If someone can send/post video how to check IOf .32 revolver it will be of great help as one can not sell his pcs before next 5 years.
4. Does SAF Kanpur send call letter by post or fax ?
5. Is it necessary to get call letter for making NOC from local CP Office ?

Thanks In Advance,
Sk

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Dear Sk
welcome aboard
Answers door you ,
1- you cannot inspect weapon
2. Al weapons are fully tested. Quality is very good .
3. Pics and videos are available in internet.
4.they send letters by post only .you can call them and get to know the date if collection.
5. Noc can be taken without call letter.

The revolver is very good and improved. If I can spend four to give lakh rupees then go for other imported weapons .otherwise it is best economy and quality ratio.

REGARDS, PDN.

manish_fabtech
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by manish_fabtech » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 pm

HII GUYS
I AM LTCDR MANISH SINGH, A NEW MEMBER TO THIS POST. I AM A DEFENCE OFFICER POSTED IN KOLKATA. I AM GETTING MY LICENSE FOR PISTOL. I REQUEST YOU GUYS TO TELL ME WHERE CAN I GET A GOOD PISTOL. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS TO GET IT FASTER PLEASE TELL ME. I AM WAITING FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS...
REGARDS

s k rajdev
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by s k rajdev » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Dear pdn70,

tks for feedback i could not find videos on how to check iof .32 revolver on net if you have the link handy request you to send. thanks once again.