IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:12 pm

Delhi has several ranges, most are however exclusively for military/ para-military and police forces.

The HH Dr. Karni Singh ranges at Tuglaqabad is run by SAI and is open to civilians, however they require you to take a minimum 3 month membership to use the ranges. I believe they have some arrangement with DSRA, so that their members may use the ranges.... not sure on this though - Dev or others who go there may be able to advise you better on that aspect.

I haven't shot there myself since the mid-90's... in those days, it was a simple matter of signing in, paying the range fees for whichever range you wished to use, rent a gun if needed etc. Quite simple really, am told it is not so simple any more...

They have Trap, Skeet, 50m, 25m and 10m ranges, the facility was initially built in 1982 for the Asian games, but has since been upgraded in bits...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:40 am

Asif,
Thickness of both the boards - 2cm each
Placed one after the other. Behind all three were 2 other metal sheets in front of a wall.
The expanded slug - approx 1.7 cm

Abhijeet,
:(

The experience of firing the IOF .32 Rev was not great.... I am sure firing a pistol is much much more comfortable and accurate.

CHEERS !

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:54 am

Anupam";p="13856 wrote:Abhijeet,
:(

The experience of firing the IOF .32 Rev was not great.... I am sure firing a pistol is much much more comfortable and accurate.

CHEERS !
Anupam,

Were you firing in double action mode? For best accuracy, it would be better to manually cock the hammer and fire in single action mode. You cannot expect a match grade trigger pull on the IOF revolver, it is meant to be a self defence tool (as are other similar revolvers)... A job it should (by all appearances) be able to do fairly competently!

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:53 pm

Yes Abhijeet, I am afraid, I was firing in the double action mode... so that accounts for the inaccuracy !!
The recoil too was tremendous...

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:09 pm

Breathe in gently and let the breath go out as you gently press the trigger with the pad of your index finger. Firing single action by cocking the hammer first of course is required for a good result. Hold the foresight firmly on a level with the top of the back sight, absolutely in the middle.

Follow through. Focus on the foresight, not the targer. Follow through means keep aligned on the target even after you have pulled the trigger. This last stage of concentration is very important to help you hit the target.

While shooting a revolver in . 32 caliber, aim for the six o clock position on the bull, i.e. keep about 60 % of the bull's eye above your foresight. IOF cartridges will give you fair results, but wadcutter cartridges are best for target shooting. Should be available in Delhi. Last year they were sold to participants who competed in a Hand Gun competition in Patna. Some of my shooter friends had participated.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:30 am

Hi Anupam, congrats on the udghatan!
see, i speak more hindi than I let on ;)
Now you know that your 32 does more than make noise and smoke! :)
So bench rest and let off a cylinder using the sight picture etc as per shahid above.
See where the gun prints in single action .
Then- You can do a penetration test using plyboard, wet newspapers, modelling clay, whatever.SAFE BACKSTOP is prime importance.
Hope you have a decent ammo limit? :(
Best
Axx
Last edited by eljefe on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:11 am

It will recoil, it will jump, but you will soon learn the hold off compensation after firing about 50 to 100 rounds. I do not understand these useless limitations on an Indian licence. If a person goes to a range to fire his revolver, in a single session a minimum of 25 shots are fired. When ammunition is sold in the bazar and not donated from a government ration shop why a limit ?

Those who think they prevent crime with such control will be surprised to note that criminals respect no limit.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Test Fire results - IOF .32 Revolver MkII

Post by Olly » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:27 am

Asif,
A very appropriate word... udghatan !! And, thanks for the advice... but have to keep Abhijeet's caution in mind... although I am old at handling firearms.. Ammo limit is a pitiance... but I don't mind using up the limits... then I can borrow.. !! :D

Surprisingly there was almost no residue in the barrel as compared to when I used to fire the 12 bore shotgun, although the shotgun is a smooth bore...

Shahid,
Yes, need to fire more to get the compensation correct. I believe pistols are better to fire at targets as compared to revolvers...
Sure agree with you on the issue - criminals must've got ammo dumps to say the least...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:11 pm

Anupam";p="13935 wrote:Surprisingly there was almost no residue in the barrel as compared to when I used to fire the 12 bore shotgun, although the shotgun is a smooth bore...
You must have used the KF "Special" ammo in your shotgun (paper shells). The very visible residue you talk of is most caused by the disintegration (upon firing) of the over-shot wad & over powder wad which are made of paper/ cardboard.

The newer "Astram" shotshells which use a plastic wadding and also replace the over-shot wad with a simple crimping of the plastic shell hull do not have as much residue, neither do imported shotshells (which are similarly constructed).

Even though you cannot "see" the residue in the barrel of your revolver, you are best advised to clean it thoroughly upon firing. Indian made ammo is notorious for using corrosive primers and you could ruin your barrel rather quickly if you do not clean it after every shooting session.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:09 pm

Another candidate for El Jefe IFG Edsred super masala!
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:01 pm

I was indeed using KF special cardboard lined shells... OK... so that's why...

Regarding the cleaning bit, one or two dashes of the copper wire brush, thru and thru, followed by a couple of dashes of the plastic wire brush, followed by some oil on a 'pull-thru' and thats it ????

ya... sure... :lol: need the Edsred super masala...

MajorSKUpreti
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MajorSKUpreti » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:41 pm

Dear all,
refer my earlier postings. I am now doulby sure and correct about the difference between Mark I and II as I have purchased a rev from FGK on 10.03.07.
Specifically -no transfer Bar here.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Wed May 02, 2007 7:51 pm

There are 3 factories which r manufacturing revolvers can any one describe which ordance factory is manufacturing the best.some experts feel revolvers r safer than pistols is it true?

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Difference between Mark1 and Mark2 of .32 IOF revolvers

Post by denzilmatthew » Wed May 02, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi dsingh,

FGK Kanpur manufacturing revolvers are the best as they are tested and yes revolvers are safe.

regards,

Denzil

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Difference between Mark1 and Mark2 of .32 IOF revolvers

Post by Risala » Wed May 02, 2007 10:02 pm

AFAIK the .32 Revolver's are manufactured in FGK Kanpur and Jabalpur.
The pistols at Ishapore,WB.
The FGK makes the Mark II.
Sanjay