IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:20 pm

Thank you for such a detailed post Anupam, I am sure it will be of real help to others who are planning to purchase direct from FGK.

Look forward to seeing the revolver and holsters... do these guys have holsters for other pistols/ revolvers as well? Or do they only stock ones for the IOFB handguns?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
ravishankarbn
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IOF .32 Revolver - Buying Experience

Post by ravishankarbn » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:05 pm

hi anupam can i know which mark is the iof .32 revolver u got. like mark1 mark2 or whatever
thank u
ravi

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:34 pm

My pleasure, Abhijeet. Sunday should be the day...
Regarding the other holsters, yes they do have some for pistols too. Mostly for the IOF Revolver. All in leather / swede and nicely stitched. I don't think they make holsters for the long barrelled revolvers. Frankly, I was only looking carefully at the ones for my gun !! :D

Ravi, there is no marking on the revolver which suggests Mark 1 or II. But i believe that it is the latest production (Mark II) as all the revolvers were fresh, brought in trays with ok stickers. The problem of the firing pin has been rectified too. The grips are better. I can't speak much about the IOF stuff especially when it comes to fineness and quality. I have still to fire it !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:06 pm

Thanks, Anupam.

Mack The Knife

ravishankarbn
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ravishankarbn » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:18 pm

hi can anyone tell me the difference between mark I and mark II of .32 iof revolvers.
bye
ravi

ravishankarbn
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ravishankarbn » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:47 pm

hi
had called up FGK kanpur. got to know the waiting period for .32 iof revolver mark II is 3-4 months.
had even called up MPF (ambernath, maharashtra) we can get the immediate delivery but they hav only mark I. they will start delivering mark II after 5-6 months down the line
bye
ravi

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Appreciate the detailed post Anupam !
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by denzilmatthew » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:23 pm

Hi Anupam,

I have just pirchased .32 revolver from FGK in the month of may 2006 it is mark II it is a good weapon but use carefully don't use too much as it has micro grooves and the bullets is heavy and above all it is Made in India. As I use it is very accurate at 25m I placed the bullets at 4" circle.

For purchasing the gun I simply downloaded the form and made a draft of full amount and send the form with all the formality to FGK and next day I called them they told me the date and after three days I got the weapon. I think I was lucky.

Anupam you mentioned about the Laser sight. I also want it. So whom I have to contact so that I can get for my weapon and what will be the cost will they put it on my gun. Please let me know.

Regards,
Denzil

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:17 am

Denzil,
4" is pretty fair, dont expect any better.I think you got a good model.Laser might be a bit of a show factor-dont expect a tiny button, min size would be the size of a AAA battery.usually the laser sights come in the ejector shroud area of the revolver-or the base of the grip.
The IOF variant might cause a problem with hoster.Suggest you wait and see...I'd rather prefer they improve their quality, offer a better, more modern design-both on the cartridge and revolver, than to try and deck up an obsolete design.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:22 pm

well, the laser sight seems to have run into rough weather with the siblings of IOF (FGK & SAF) fighting it out. It seems only SAF was going to offer the laser sight, but then the other objected as no one would buy their revolvers (without the sight). Probably that's why even SAF didn't issue the laser sighted one to me, despite the PULL !! :D
Also it is much quicker to get a revolver from FGK as there are fewer buyers from them.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:58 am

Denzilmathew,

25 meters :? Did the IOF guys perchanse sell you a rifle :wink: Perhpas you meant 25 ft.Last time I checked 1mtr=3.3 ft. I owned a IOF .32 revolver for some time before selling it to get a S&W .32 revolver(had to add just 15,000/- more to get it 8) ).My father had bought it for 42,000/- along with the presentation case.Got it from him.The trigger pull was HEAVY,making accurate shooting very difficult.Fired it at about 20 ft from a man sized target.Sprayed the first six cartridges around the target with just one hit on the elbow of the mans outline on the target.Contrast this with the three rouds in the head and three in the chest that I got with a Ruger .38 revolver after my session with the IOF rev.My IOF rev was also shot by a member of the Punjab Police pistol shooting team and even he could not shoot very well with it.No 4'' groups, mind you.No micro grooved barrel either.This revolver,according to the dealer I sold it to,was and still is the best IOF .32 revolver that he has seen.

penpusher

PS-Perhaps you are a good shot with a handgun.I am just average.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:22 am

penpusher

Wait wait...Astra,..bhaiji wanna play in your sandlot with the toys..

ravishankarbn
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ravishankarbn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:58 pm

hi penpusher
how much did u sell ur .32 iof revolver for. and when did u sell it.
bye
ravi

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:08 pm

Sold the revolver in 2002.My father had bought it in the December of 1995.Was transfered to me in 2001.About how much I sold it for,that would not have any relevance now as at that time there were no IOF .32 revolvers for sale with the dealers as the general sale of revolvers had started much later and the five year lock in period had meant that only a few were in a position to sell their revolvers.Sold it as the five year lock in period for revolvers sold in the market was due to expire for the first batch of such revolvers :D

penpusher

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Anupam & Asif were over last night for an impromptu IFG meet and we got a chance for a "look see" at Anupam's new revolver. I must say, the quality of IOFB has improved over what I have seen earlier... the finish is now powder coated (earlier it was black paint :P) and even the grips, fit etc. seem better... am posting a few pictures... decide for yourselves...
DSCF0015.jpg
DSCF0014.jpg
DSCF0013.jpg
Cheers!
Abhieet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mundaire on Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein