IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:32 am

MKII and MKIII reminds me of Ambassador cars MKs series when they were simply changing bumpers, head lights etc...

Best

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IOF .32 Mark III revolver

Post by Risala » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:42 am

Rudra";p="28009 wrote:Sorry for the delay bhailog :wink: I was making proper queries before answering it,.
The following are the actual prices of the IOF cartridges

Type of ammunition Price (in Rs/each)*

a) .315 Bore Ammunition 31.20
b) 12 Bore Ammunition Special Shot No. 6 30.74
c) 12 Bore Meghna Shot No. 1 33.54
d) 12 Bore Astram Shot No. 1 34.94
e).32 Pistol ammunition 26.35
f).32 Revolver ammunition 18.73
g).22 IOF ammunition 8.32

*VAT 12.5% extra

Any one (including me :oops: ) who pays more than this is a foooooool sirje

The foreign made cartridges have no fixed rates they vary as according to the purchaser

Regards

Rudra
These prices are taken from the NRAI web site and are applicable to only members of the NRAI,not to the

public at large.

To buy at those rates first pay Rs 15000/- and sign up with the NRAI.

I just picked up a box of Twenty .32 ACP IOF Jul 2007 lot at the list price printed on the box Rs 748/- from

Garg Armoury,it does not get cheaper than that.

Sanjay

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Yes!!!!

Post by nm » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:49 pm

ngrewal";p="29139 wrote:MKII and MKIII reminds me of Ambassador cars MKs series when they were simply changing bumpers, head lights etc...

Best
Ngrewal,

I totally agree with you...but somehow as a buyer, one feels like going in for the latest model....

Bye,
Nishant

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:36 am

If it would be the new IOF MK-III. :lol:

Lawman

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:06 am

Nice pic Lawman.but almost impossible :( :( :(

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

FAQs about IOF Revolver

Post by Rudra » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Hey guys
I was going through the OFB website and found the following information to share.
Ques.1 What is the procedure of getting a Revolver booked from Field Gun Factory?

Ans For getting a Revolver booked from Field Gun Factory, following documents are to be sent to G.M. Field Gun Factory, Kalpi Road, Kanpur:

1) A demand Draft of Rs.62719/- in favour of General Manager, Field Gun Factory, Kanpur

2) An attested photocopy of license.

3) An application on prescribed format with regard to your name, father’s name, address, license number, draft number and telephone number.

After receipt of these documents a Registration number will be allotted to you as per your seniority and call date will be intimated to you by Regd. Post from Field Gun Factory.

Ques.2 From which bank, draft is to be prepared?

Ans: Draft can be prepared from any Nationalsed Bank but preferably from State Bank Of India payable on branch code no.0219 or from UCO Bank against branch code no.0384 here at Kanpur.

Ques.3 If the Area validity of license is only up to any particular State, Mandal or District, what is the procedure for collection of Revolver from Kanpur?

Ans: You have to get a “No Objection Certificate” (NOC) from your license issuing authority. Then you have to obtain TL from ADM Kanpur producing a copy of NOC. You have to produce a photocopy of Transport license & a copy of NOC at the time of Collection of Revolver at FGK.

Ques.4: Is Revolver available on Cash & Carry basis?

Ans: No, Not at present. You will be allotted a Registration number and date of collection after receipt of your full amount i.e. 62719/- which shall be absolutely on your seniority of depositing the draft. You have to collect Revolver only on that day, or on any working day thereafter.

Ques.5 Is there any way of getting the Revolver prior to allotted date?

Ans: No, it will not be issued prior to allotted date.

Ques.6 In case one could not collect the Revolver on allotted date what is the procedure for new date?

Ans. In case you could not collect your Revolver on allotted date, you can collect on any working day subsequently.

Ques.7 If the allotted date given is after the expiry of purchase period of license, what is the procedure for collection?

Ans. You will have to get your purchase period extended by license issuing authority. Our call letter can help you in getting your P.P. extended.

Ques.8 Can I get the Revolver through my authorised representative?

Ans. No, please.

Ques.9 How much time does it take in getting T.L. made?

Ans. T.L. is issued from ADM’s office. In normal course, you get the day you apply for it, but for outstation customers it is advisable to get it prepared one day in advance.

Ques.10 How much time does it take at your factory in collection of Revolver?

Ans. It depends on the number of customers reporting at a particular point of time. Customer should come prepared to stay 4 to 5hrs. please.

Ques.11 What is the distance of your factory from Kanpur Railway station?

Ans. It is approx. 9kms. from Kanpur railway Station.

Ques.12 What is the distance of D.M. office from Railway station?

Ans. It is approx. 4kms from Kanpur Railway station.

Ques. 13 Is there any difference in Revolver made by Field Gun Factory and that of Small Arms Factory?

Ans. No, please.

Ques.14 Can draft be submitted by hand at your factory?

Ans. Yes it can be.

Ques.15 Can draft be submitted by any person other than customer?

Ans. Yes, it can be deposited by any person other than customer.

SAF is nearly half kilometers from FGK ,rest every thing is same

Regards

Rudra
POWER RISES FROM THE BARREL OF A GUN :twisted:

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:52 am

Hi Rudra, thanks for the information.

Lawman

gurinder
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gurinder » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:25 pm

I inquired from one of the persons employed in the factory. According to him mark III is pretty much the same but with a 'bachon ka khilona', that is a laser sight.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:51 pm

hope SAF have overcome their differences with FGK for selling the laser sighted revolvers... but it shouldn't be a problem to adapt the MK-II ones with this stuff as the base design shud remain the same...
I personally believe it'll be more cumbersome to carry as holsters wud not accommodate the laser sight.. ??

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Rudra » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi everyone
So it was really a long break
After getting my revolver from SAF i went to my village for some personal work(dont ask why :twisted: )
I enquired about MKIII
everything is same but it has a laser sight equipped with it.
They have also done somethin to improve the trigger pressure problem.
But even in my rev i find a whole lot of modifications as compared to the MK1s owned in my family.
I am not pasting the pics as i desire to paste the pics of my rev fitted with new wooden grips which i persume would take a weeks time.

With regards

Rudra
POWER RISES FROM THE BARREL OF A GUN :twisted:

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:58 pm

Rudra,
Thanks for the info i bet it will be of immense help to the To Be buyers of IOFB revolvers
-Vinayaka
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:03 pm

Looking forward for the pics of MKIII with those lasers
Cheers
MSandhu

opensight
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by opensight » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:25 am

Hi everyone,
I want to narrate my experience of purchasing an FGK revolver. I collected my 32 Revolver from Field gun factory on 17th December. I took delivery in the afternoon shift. When I checked the weapon, I was shocked to find that the revolver had NO RIFLING in the barrel.The barrel was rough like sandpaper. The QC OK sticker was in place. I found another two chaps who collected the guns on the same day as me had the rifling problems. I took the revolver back the next morning. They made me enter my name in the "repairs Register" . I waited for two hours while they rifled the barrel. Then they fired nearly three dozen rounds before handing the gun to me. I had to sign in another register saying that the repairs were done satisfactorily. The guys at the Civilian Trade section of the factory were however extremely courteous and helpful. Moral of the story: dont believe the QC OK sticker. Check the gun before travelling back home. Better take delivery in the morning shift. In case any repairs/alterations are necessary, they are done the same day and your travel plans dont get delayed.

A few more words of caution: When you are travelling back with the revolver by air, please make sure that the Transport permit issued by DM Kanpur includes the words "by air" . The printed Transport Licence only contains "by road / rail" in it. Jet airways refused to allow me to board the flight to delhi from lucknow since my Transport permit did not mention the words "by air". I had to have it rectified and board a later flight by Indian Airlines.I lost a few thousand rupees in the process! Also, some airlines are not happy with stopovers unless mentioned in the TL. For example, I had to come from kanpur to Bangalore via Lucknow and Delhi. My TL said Kanpur to Bangalore . But there is no direct Kanpur bangalore flight.It took a fair amount of convincing before the Kingfisher staff at Delhi permitted me to board. They were worried that my TL didnt mention "viaDelhi".

In case you plan to purchase ammo at kanpur or lucknow, please make sure that the NOC issued by the Police Commissioner of your hometown as well as the TL issued at Kanpur mention it. The guys at Lucknow and Delhi pointedly looked for it and counted my bullets. The rules seem to have been tightened of late.Ammo at Kanpur was Rs.48/- per round and at Bangalore I purchased some more ammo for Rs.40/- per round.

Opensight

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:42 am

hi opensight
in the beginning please except my heartiest congratulations for a new purchase.now my sincere request to you that you should get your experience publish in some reputed newspaper so that these iof chaps dont even dare to supply junk with qcok tag to public.that could be the best help of your to all future buyers.if possible send some good quality pics of your gun.
take care and enjoy shooting

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:19 am

Grumpy,

How does one rifle a barrel, even though it is only 2" to 3" long, in two hours?

Mack The Knife