IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Purchasing a new IOF .32 Pistol.

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:02 pm

A friend's friend wants to buy a new IOF pistol (not a revolver) in .32" calibre.

Is it possible for him to make an across the counter purchase from Kasipur (W. Bengal)? Besides Kasipur are there any other places he can go to and buy this pistol across the counter?

If an across the counter purchase is not possible could someone please tell me what the procedure is to buy a new IOF pistol in .32" calibre?

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Purchasing a new IOF .32 Pistol.

Post by art_collector » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:56 pm

.32 Bore IOF Pistols are available at Cossipore, West Bengal only. For people in Delhi and parts of UP Ordanance Factory has set up a depot at Ordanance Factory, Murad Nagar(bothe revolver & pistyols are available). The procedure to procure I think remains the same. You have to give an advance of Rs. 6000/- by DD along with details of your arms licence. At Murad Nagar there is a waiting period of 2 months.....But the revolver/ pistol its more expensive at Murad Nagar cos UP sales Tax (think its 20%)is charged here and at Cossipore VAT @ 12.5% is charged . If your frend is buying a pistol ask him to buy spare magazines along with the pistol from the factory......ur frend wud always thank u for the advise.

Art_collector

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 am

For people in Delhi and parts of UP Ordanance Factory has set up a depot at Ordanance Factory, Murad Nagar(bothe revolver & pistyols are available).
Thanks Art Collector.

Would anyone know if there is a similar sort of scheme for southern India?

Mack The Knife

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:26 am

Hi Rutam,

I have no clue if there is any ordanance factory selling them in south. Lemme ask my frends... I know couple of dealers in hyderabad and south India... lemme check it out with them. If I manage any information Ill get back

Art Collector

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:51 am

Thanks. I would appreciate that.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:04 am

http://ofbindia.gov.in/index.php?wh=Spo ... ms&lang=en

"0.32 Revolver/ Pistol are also sold at following outlets. Customers should book orders after ascertaining about stock / waiting period from the factories.

* Ordnance Cable Factory,
Chandigarh-160002.
Ph - (0172) 2650-577 /-526
* Ordnance Factory,
Muradnagar -201206 (UP)
Ph - (01232) 228910-13
* Gun Carriage Factory,
Jabalpur -482001 (MP)
Ph - (0761) 2330016-19
* Ordnance Factory, Ambajhari,
Nagpur -440021
Ph - (07104) 237845-49
* Heavy Vehicle Factory,
Avadi, Chennai -600054.
Tamilnadu.
Ph - (044) 26840599, 26843000"

Go to the website and you can download the application form that would give you all the details that you require.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:59 pm

Thanks a lot penpusher.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun May 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Update on the IOF pistol:-

PIB Press release Mar 15,2007

Lok Sabha

The production details of permissible / non - prohibited bore weapons so far in the current year, produced by Ordnance Factories for civilian use, are as under:-

Weapon Produced so far

.32 Revolver 17679

.32 Pistol 4235

.22 Revolver 580

Technical improvement of product is a continuous process. In current year i.e. 2006-07, firing mechanism of .32" Revolver was improved to further reduce probability of misfire and work is going on for reducing efforts for trigger pull, which is likely to be implemented in 2007-08. Similarly, issue of self unlocking was resolved in 2006-07 by certain design changes in firing mechanism of .32" pistol. Trials are being carried out at present to give coloured Teflon coating to pistol body, for improved surface protection and better appearance, which is expected to be implemented in 2007-08.

As the Ordnance Factories are basically producing arms and ammunition for Defence Forces, priority is accorded for production of Defence items. Depending upon the workload of Defence Forces, the production and issue of Revolvers/Pistols to the civilian license holders, takes one to four months time.

This information was given by the Minister of State for Defence Production Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply to Shri Ashok Argal in Lok Sabha today

penpusher

paddy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

IOF Pistol - A Newcomer's First Report

Post by paddy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi All,

Here is my report on the IOF Pistol as an absolute newcomer and raw-hand in handling any sort of firearms:

1. When I bought it resembled a crude Desi Katta with its chrome polish- as a lot of pals told me
2. Later I found one national Award Winner Gunsmith Afak Khan in Merrut who has polished it black and changed the grips to wooden ones and the cost is:
(a). Black Polishing: Rs. 1500/- one year guarantee
(b). Wooden grips - Rs. 1500/-
3. A lot of other modifications like putting an additional slide as many of you have been talking up in this forum's various threads would cost me around Rs. 20,000/- more
4. Since last 2 years that I own this pistol I have only fired around 40 rounds but always 10 or 5 at one go because the U.P. License ammo quota is 10/25 per year I have only started making friends with the gun house that they allow me some extra ammo nowadays But there is no ammo available for the .32 since last 3-4 months so no shooting at all.
5. The good news is that last week my All India License got approved and I will go to the Karni Singh Ranges soon. Any information, tips and help is needed and appreciated in advance.
6. I fully agree with Abhijeet here" you can always load it with imported ammo for self defence carry and use the Indian made ammo only for practice." I am absolutely following this.
7. Overall my experience so far is that it is a small, easy to conceal carry, wos- weapon of surprise.
8. To give you a firing review I need some more time and tips from the veterns here.

Here are few photos for your review and comments.

Cheers!

Paddy

paddy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IOF Pistol - A Newcomer's First Report

Post by paddy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:57 pm

More photos. Thanks

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:06 pm

Paddy,

Afak Khan has done an excellent job,looks 8) pl do share his contact details.

Congrats on your All India,you can now buy ammo all over,the IOF ammo is available in Delhi

though I havent bought the same for some time now.

Cheers

Sanjay

paddy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by paddy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your quick review.

Afak's mobile no is 09897240955.

His works are located in Kher Nagar near Chattri Wala Pir Chopla. You need to call him from CWPChopla and he will send some one to take you into the galli and his works.

Cheers!

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:48 pm

Hey Paddy,

Welcome- Nice of you to drop in and your input is much appreciated.

Afak Khan's done a decent job on the cruddy piece. Hats off.

Do take your pictures in natural light- not flash. The features and fine nuances show better that way.
Look forward to more pics.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:21 pm

Good customisation on the pistol. Under the conditions and prevailing price structure its good.

A small handgun with good concealment. Go for the additional slide as well. It will make it more reliable for self defence.

How was it on firing. Whether any jamming or spent cartridge shell ejection problems, any overheating felt on firing 3 to 4 rounds and of course how are the sights and accuracy ?

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:19 am

Nice gun Paddy

Have fun

Best