IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
rajaiswal92
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by rajaiswal92 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:41 pm

So no one has ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Although I have not used the magazine from gunaccessory.com but when I purchased my pistol I found that one magazine was quite smooth in operation compared to another. I examined them side by side. There were differeces in the height of notches holding the first cartridge. Also cartridge stuck in one magazine when trying to upload by thumb. Feeding lip of one magazine was way too much vertical than another's. The remedy --- my toolbox. Now both magazines are working super smooth.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Roopesh, Do confirm with J&K authorities as most of the works related with firearms are being done referring uin. However there must be no valid reason yet to sell a firearm in its absence if other legal procedures complied with. Get NOC like "......no objections in his purchasing the firearm from GSF Koshipore or other authorised dealer at Kolkata ". The noc issued to me was a pro- forma so before proceeding to Kolkata I checked with J.Biswas and Co. upon their advice I obtained amended NOC and purchased the pistol.

rajaiswal92
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajaiswal92 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:30 am

Woods wrote:Although I have not used the magazine from gunaccessory.com but when I purchased my pistol I found that one magazine was quite smooth in operation compared to another. I examined them side by side. There were differeces in the height of notches holding the first cartridge. Also cartridge stuck in one magazine when trying to upload by thumb. Feeding lip of one magazine was way too much vertical than another's. The remedy --- my toolbox. Now both magazines are working super smooth.
So at the end of the day there are a few problems with the magazine. But what about the rounds ? Have they rectified those edges , have read a couple of posts stating 'ammo made after 2014 did not have the rim lock problem' ang views on this ?

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:07 pm

10 rounds given to me by J.Biswas and Co were of somewhat faded colour but a little touch of cloth made them shiny. Unexpectedly they don't have any manufacturing deficiency that may result in jamming or other malfunction. Some acquintances also donated rounds to me. They too are fine even under magnifying glass. It's been quite surprising.

rajaiswal92
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajaiswal92 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:10 pm

Looks like i'll be getting my self an ashani , it has a few problems but i can probably live with them . Had a conversation with my local dealer , he said he can arrange it in a month .

luckyluvsall
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by luckyluvsall » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Guys DM of my district did not approved my pistol licence saying that for safety i have rifle and it's enough for safety.Should i meet her personally and tell her my problem that i need a concealed weapon. What should i do guy's ? Any advice would help me...

dharmendra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dharmendra » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:23 pm

How to 32. pistol cartridge &revolver cartridge is different but Ifo cartridge pistol cartridge stampd 7.65 mm please answer

shaanhello
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shaanhello » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:46 pm

along with gsf .32 pistol is also available with rfi issapore.. and now they are also available with some dealers at factory price.. i met a dealer in kolkata ... biswas gun house , park street , kolkata. when i was buying a holster for my pistol he informed me about availability of .32 pistols with dealer at factory rates. it was also available with him... in other states also a lot of dealers sell at factory rates .. you have to look for them.

rajaiswal92
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajaiswal92 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:12 am

Guys , iam still in a fix and running out of time . Need a few answers (please give some time in answering them)
1 -How reliable is the Ashani ?
2 - what are the known issues ?
3 - Are there frequent malfunctions ?
4 - Are there any other options available within a budget of 3-4l ?

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed May 04, 2016 7:53 pm

I also have two mags. One is smooth and easy to use while the other is cruder and has more taunt springs. Haven't shot any of them but have cycled them through the action. The ammo I bought has got filing or lathe marks, out of the ammo box.

And the grand climax is there is no front sight and the back has a minuscule u which I won't be able to see anyway. But overall the black pistol seems as if it has been improved a little.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

roopesh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by roopesh » Sun May 08, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi friends, finally I got the the ashani from a local dealer of Delhi. It was a little over prised but doesn't matter against my dream. He provided me pistol along with 2 magazine. When I saw the magazine I found that both were different one was with good finish while other was a little rough. Both we not embossed with any logo of factory. They have can I identity that it is original

dheeraj_1772
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dheeraj_1772 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:56 pm

No proof markings are being done at magazines either by GSF or by RFI

Hindustani
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hindustani » Sat May 14, 2016 12:30 am

Does modification of ashani resolve the issue of jamming?

ss2008mm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ss2008mm » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 pm

rajaiswal92 wrote:Guys , iam still in a fix and running out of time . Need a few answers (please give some time in answering them)
1 -How reliable is the Ashani ?
2 - what are the known issues ?
3 - Are there frequent malfunctions ?
4 - Are there any other options available within a budget of 3-4l ?
Considering your budget, Ashani will be a good buy. Never faced any issue till date as for as pistol is concerned. However, ammunition (older design) and/or magzine may malfunction but you can always rectify them at home itself. See:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21704&p=224512#p224512
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2355&p=224143#p224143