IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
sandhurs1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by sandhurs1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 am

Happy wrote:Dear sandhurs,
where did you get the black holster......
can you pm me the address please.
Regards
Happy.
That was supplied alongwith pistol by IOF people.

For Advertising mail webmaster
abs_143
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abs_143 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:21 pm

I Also finally recieved my Pistol from IOF. But I still need to test fire it at home :D.

devender kumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by devender kumar » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:41 pm

abs_143 wrote:I Also finally recieved my Pistol from IOF. But I still need to test fire it at home :D.
:lol:
Congratulations!
Go ahead, but before test fire Be careful for all aspects and also look at Election Commissioner`s Orders first.
Cheers!
:cheers: :cheers:

abs_143
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abs_143 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:40 pm

devender kumar wrote:
abs_143 wrote:I Also finally recieved my Pistol from IOF. But I still need to test fire it at home :D.
:lol:
Congratulations!
Go ahead, but before test fire Be careful for all aspects and also look at Election Commissioner`s Orders first.
Cheers!
:cheers: :cheers:
I shot four rounds yesterday :D.

abs_143
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abs_143 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Where can I get cheap and best cartridges in Uttar Pradesh.

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum . I need a N. P bore pistol for protection and I should be able to conceal it too . Is ashaani small enough for conceal carry ?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:02 am

If you carry your handgun in holster under loose fitting kurta or un tucked shirt, unless the handgun is unusually large, most of the handguns should not make their presence apparent.

Yes it is small enough for conceal carry. You can also visit any gun shop and have look to decide for yourself. But do not carry it cocked and locked, extremely unsafe to carry in this manner, please read this http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 35#p159047
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks a lot sir . It was so kind of you .

udayveersingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by udayveersingh » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:59 am

HI every body..

i have applied for an arms license. i am interested to buy a .32 IOF pistol . should i buy a second hand pistol as a begginer . ARM GURU`s please advice.

thanks & regards
uday

axe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by axe » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:24 pm

With six month time limit to purchase and produce weapon on fresh license. you will not be able to purchase new pistol, which have long waiting period more than one year. Even if you produce booking documents you can get extension of more six months. 2 years back i was also planning pistol but instead I booked revolver.
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

sachsahd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sachsahd » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Doc Bhatta wrote:Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum . I need a N. P bore pistol for protection and I should be able to conceal it too . Is ashaani small enough for conceal carry ?
yes, its the best, one can have!

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 am

Hello everyone ! I've been slowly going through the posts regarding pistols and revolvers ( N. P bore ) that including the revolver vs pistol debate which included Mr . Jha . My guess is that most of the senior members are of the opinion that if the choice is between IOF pistol & revolver , people should opt for revolver . As I'm not very well versed with weapons and want to conceal carry one ( I wear jeans with tucked in shirts mostly ) how should I carry my weapon if I opt for revolver . I've been to a local gun shop and have seen both IOF revolver & smith & wesson .32 snubnose . Though the snubnose is smaller , it's only marginally so and the dealer is asking Rs. 600000 for it which too much for me . My priority is to carry the weapon on person and concealed . I'd be grateful for your advice .

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 am

It will be difficult to conceal the handgun while wearing jeans and tucked in shirts. Even if you somehow manage to conceal, it will be very difficult to quickly take out the weapon for use when required. It will defeat the very purpose of carrying the weapon. Try to go for a different type of slightly loose fitting clothes(like kurta or un tucked shirt) that will make it lot easier and comfortable to conceal the weapon in holster, as well take out the weapon quickly in time of need.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:49 am

Doc Bhattaji,
If the threat perception is not very high, I mean it is just for enhancing your security measures, you may go in for a .25 Baby Colt or similar gun. It can be carried unnoticed.However, you should have good and frequent firing practice, so as to hit at vital spots, as and when required, given the limitations of .25ACP.
In case you are facing serious threat , go in for the .32 IOF Revolver, carry it loaded in holster but change your dressing habit. You cannot have best of both the worlds.Do practice with a few rounds immediately on getting delivery to ensure hitting the target in an emergency.

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks a lot goodboy_mentor sir , & indiaone sir , for your valuable opinion . Yes my threat perception is a bit high . I have decided to go for IOF .32 revolver as of now ( 5 yrs ). After that I'll see what to do . I have just 1 more question if I may ask . Is IOF .32 pistol as bad as it is made out to be out of the shelf ? Actually pistol being slimmer is easier & more comfortable to conceal . I stay in Bihar & and I'm not aware of any good gunsmith near my home town . So I don't think after market alterations are possible for me . Thanks a lot once again to you all .
Last edited by Doc Bhatta on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.