IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by indiaone » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:25 pm

You may go through the various postings made under .32 IOF revolver. You will have a fair idea of the latest products that are coming out from the production line, including photographs.After getting it from the sales outlet, normally no modification is required and it can be safely put to use.It has a high rate of ownership both in Bihar and UP and is rated as a reliable weapon.Revolvers as such are much reliable weapon than pistols and require much less servicing.You can check with the owners of such revolvers in your home town.Pay a visit to the arms section of the DM office and interview a few owners , when they come to get their arms inspected for renewal of licence.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Is IOF .32 pistol as bad as it is made out to be out of the shelf ? Actually pistol being slimmer is easier & more comfortable to conceal .
If you search this forum you will find the individual experiences with IOF .32 pistol vary from good to bad. Also if the pistol is not double action then you will have to use another hand to first to rack the slide back before you can fire the first shot. When your response is expected in just a matter of seconds, this can be a very serious problem. There is a video on this website where a person was unable to fire the pistol within seconds and his attacker was able to shoot him dead. You can see it here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8202

Both pistol and revolver have their own advantages and disadvantages and the debate is usually never ending. Preferences vary from person to person. For advantages of revolver you may read this http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 79#p162047
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 am

From what I remember of the episode as reported,the fellow shot dead had an illegal firearm.Most likely a desi copy of a pistol.

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:20 am

I've seen the video of the poor jeweller (?) being shot directly on u tube as I couldn't access the video in this forum . Poor man ! I'll stick to IOF revolver since it will be new and not decades old . Thanks everyone for your kind help .

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Since you will be purchasing IOF revolver, may take care of the following points http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 86#p139835
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Can you all advise a good gunsmith at or near Patna please ?

devender kumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by devender kumar » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi Experts!

I have read in newspapers and local news channels in punjab that they have started shooting clubs in village Badal near Maloat and Roop Nagar operated by NCC. Can anyone go there join the club having valid arms liscence.

Please guide me accordingly.

You may email me at "[email protected]"

Doc Bhatta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Doc Bhatta » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:43 pm

At last got my licence for revolver / pistol NP bore today :) . Can anyone guide me on how to proceed for .32 revolver . I want to buy it from Kanpur as it is nearer to my home town Patna .

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Do these have a magazine follower? i.e. does the slide lock back after the last round if fired?

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 pm

kandarp wrote:Do these have a magazine follower?
All magazines have a follower.
kandarp wrote:does the slide lock back after the last round if fired?
No.

Lever Action
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lever Action » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:40 am

Friends wanted to know if anybody has booked pistol at ordnance factory muradnagar (U.P), if yes pls share the procedure and waiting period for the pistol at muradnagar , thanks .......

Regards
Lever Action

singguri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by singguri » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:39 pm

very thankful to all who have shared their experience at gsf. self to go to kolkata for same purpose, so grateful.

krishna5577
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by krishna5577 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 am

I m the new member to the forum and I have booked .32 pistol from GSF in last year. Now I have been called for collection of the same in January 2013 and my reporting time is scheduled at 9.00 aon 17-1-2012. So plz tell me that it is permissible to reach GSF by delay of 1.5 hrs. and would I got the pistol at Date of collection e.g. 18-1-2012 or they will take more days. pls
answer me

sainikji
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sainikji » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Lever Action wrote:Friends wanted to know if anybody has booked pistol at ordnance factory muradnagar (U.P), if yes pls share the procedure and waiting period for the pistol at muradnagar , thanks .......

Regards
Lever Action
Booked one at Muradnagar in 2010, got delivery in 2012. The procedure is simple, download the form from net, fill it, attach the draft and other copies of documents mentioned in application form, send it by post or by hand, obtain booking number and then wait for collection letter

krishna5577
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by krishna5577 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:07 pm

singguri wrote:very thankful to all who have shared their experience at gsf. self to go to kolkata for same purpose, so grateful.
I m the new member to the forum and I have booked .32 pistol from GSF in last year. Now I have been called for collection of the same in January 2013 and my reporting time is scheduled at 9.00 aon 17-1-2012. So plz tell me that it is permissible to reach GSF by delay of 1.5 hrs. and would I got the pistol at Date of collection e.g. 18-1-2012 or they will take more days. pls
answer me