IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
bhaskar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Guidance for buying IOF .32 pistol

Post by bhaskar » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:53 pm

Thanks Lawman, i would actually be landing at kolkota airport by 7:30am. if its only 25-30 mins run. than i am sure i can reach on time to the factory.

regards
Bhaskar

For Advertising mail webmaster
Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Georgian21 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:36 pm

FYI I used Shara Airlines if it helps and my cousin used Indian Airlines.

As far as I know All airlines allow you to carry firarms within India with proper documentation.

Regards
Gopal

opensight
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by opensight » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi all,
I am a doctor from Bangalore. I joined IFG recently. I have obtained a licence for NP bore pistol / revolver. I am interested in the OFB 0.32 pistol. Could any of the IFG members give me details of the availability of pistol from Chandigarh and Nagpur factories of OFB? Any difference in model / design compared to the one manufactured at Cossipore? Any pitfalls ( why is the wait list at these factories not as long as at Cossipore? ) I came to understand from the IFG posts that Ambernath sells Mark 1 revolvers while Kanpur sells the latest. Likewise do these Chandigarh and Nagpur factories sell older versions? Could any of you guys with experience guide me?

opensight
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by opensight » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:53 pm

And I forgot to add, Thanks in advance.
Take care,
Open sight

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:23 pm

The factory at Chandigarh is just a booking and delivery counter.The IOfB manufactures the .32 pistol at Cossipore alone and then sends them to its booking and delivery centers.The waiting period for the .32 pistol is 9 months at the Cossipore factory.The last delivery made to people who had booked at Chandigarh was for bookings made about 1 1/2 years back.So the waiting period is double for delivery from Chandigarh.Have no idea about Nagpur.

penpusher

opensight
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by opensight » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:53 pm

penpusher,
Thanks for the response. I had made phone calls to both cossipore and chandigarh. Cossipore confirmed a wait list period of 10 months while the Chandigarh Factory person told me that the waiting period was 5 to 6 months. Do I believe him and book at chandigarh or should I book at cossipore - this is my dilemma.

regards,
opensight.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:03 pm

Opensight,

I don't know whom you talked to at the counter at Chandigarh but when I called up I was told that they are not booking any pistols at the moment as some people who had made bookings about 1.5 years back were still waiting for their pistols.They are however making bookings for the .32 revolver.Maybe the fellow was talking about the revolver.If I were you I would reconfirm.BTW both the revolver and the pistol are cheaper at Chandigarh(about 4000/- less)than at the respective factories.

penpusher

opensight
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by opensight » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:00 pm

penpusher,

Many thanks. I shall follow your advice and reconfirm again. BTW both factories quoted Rs.57826/- as the cost of the firearm after tax. This info was obtained this afternoon.

I feel depressed at the thought of such a long wait.

Opensight

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:24 pm

Opensight,

By factories, you mean the ones at Kanpur and Cossipore or Nagpur and Chandigarh?

penpusher

opensight
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by opensight » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:35 am

penpusher,

I checked with the Ordnance factory at Chandigarh as well as the Gun & Shell Factory at Cossipore.

Opensight.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:47 am

Opensight,

Add about 12,000/- as cost of going to Kolkatta and collecting the pistol.So getting the pistol at Chandigarh is still cheaper regardless of the long wait.The revolver is definitely cheaper by 4,000/- at Chandigarh than at Kanpur.The pistol used to be cheaper in Chandigarh than at Kolkatta.Things must have changed.Thanks for the update.

penpusher

bhaskar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bhaskar » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:16 pm

there is one more delivery counter at MURADNAGAR UP.. but again the same story...I call up and they told, that they are not taking any bookings for IOF .32 pistol..

Opensight--> i am lil confused about one thing.. if the pistols are manufactured at GSF cossipore only... than how come waiting period is less at delivery center in chandigarh or nagpur...where it is 10 months at main factory???

i think IOF pistol demand is increasing... kolkata factory guys seems to be more authentic in there statements..... coz even i am getting it only after nine months..

regards
Bhaskar

Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Georgian21 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:10 pm

Small Arms for civilain use are only manufactured by the GSF Cossipore KolKatta and all other are extension Counters to aid the servicing and sale of IOF civilain Arms. We have ordance facotries spread across India which are mostly involved in manufacturing Service Patterns arms to aid Army/Police/ParaMilitary etc.

Not sure how Chandigarh is claiming for less waiting time, It has always been more than the GSF Cossipore. When I was enquiring about mine case someone at chandigarh office communicated that the pistols are issued in lots to them from GSF only and than they distribute it.

Will suggest to buy it from GSF only, and if you are not willing to wait that long try buying a good second hand piece from Arms Dealer, I am sure you will be able to find a not much used Pistol 8)

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:14 am

hi bhaskar and all friends
im desperately waiting for you to get the delivery of ur pistol.please post the pics of your gun because im also willing to go for one.enjoyyyyyyyyy. and take care.

bhaskar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bhaskar » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:40 am

Hi Sahil,

Even i am desperate to get my new pistol.... recently one of my friend has got his IOF pistol yesterday.... the processes are smooth in Kolkata.. there is no 'so called extra money' spend to get the paper work done on time.. He opted to fly from 'Jetlife' ... he just have to check in 1.5 hrs before the departure.

The security guys ask him to fill some form ..... the pistol no, his name and other details were mentioned on that form which was sent to some senior authorities to approve... then they took the luggage in their custody ... finally when he landed in Delhi.. their was already some body with his baggage, asked him to sign the receipt and handed over the stuff..

As soon as i get my new pistol, i will post the pics... just a matter of one more week..

regards
Bhaskar