IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
bhaskar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Guidance for buying IOF .32 pistol

Post by bhaskar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Thanks Lawman, It was a good experience in Kolkata... Later I realized that i could have saved at least 2 to 3 thousand on the entire trip... I opted to fly via Indigo

Day 1 I took the 5:00am flight from Delhi which landed on 7:30am in kolkata. I rushed to the factory directly, coz before going, when i inquired factory guys told me i need to report between 8:30 to 9:00am max at the factory. I managed to reach there by 8:35am ... where they happily told me the processing would take place not before 9:00am... i kept waiting... just grabbed a cup of tea and few biscuits outside factory.

at 9:10 they allowed me to let in and kept few of us waited in one room.. them some one came out and told us that we don't have to do anything their before we get our TL from lal bazar... by that time it was 10:00am and the processing starts in Lal bazar from 11:00am, so i rushed.. when they opened the office.. they gave us some chalan to fill details and asked to deposit 40/- rs for that.... that took me another 10 mins... after all done they told us that we can collect our TL after 1:30pm any time ..

so i left for the lunch ... but i was thinking that i only opted to take a flight, just to reach factory on time..i.e. between 8:30 and 9:00am but the real action took palce only after 11:00am.. so i had an option for train also... :roll: any ways..

after getting my TL went to factory again ... they collected all the documents like, license, TL, NOC, attested copy of AL etc.. and asked all of us to report back on 2:30pm next day. so i was free after 4:00pm...

for night stay i was able to get a decent A/C room with sofa, tv, fridge facility for only 500/- in sudder street ... thanks to my negotiation and marketing skills :D .. but you can easily get rooms..

Day 2, after a happy time last night, i was not completely out from hangover till 11:00am :lol: ... anyway i reported to factory sharp 2:00pm as i don't want to take any chances of getting late. they called us at around 3:00pm ... by 3:45pm i have got my pistol....

so my return flight was about 7:30 pm same day... so i have lots of time..but i thought that i could have gone for the train as well as RAJDHANI is arpound 5:10pm... but as i was not sure about by what time i will be free.. so i ended up booking flight....

rest you all know the procedure of taking the arms during the flight... airport guys were really helpful.

regards
Bhaskar
Last edited by bhaskar on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:21 pm

Congrats Bhaskar and safe shooting with all the little ammo permitted!!!!
Vikas

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:28 pm

Is that a dogs leash attached to the pistol?Can never understand the need to attach a lanyard to what is meant to be a concealed firearm.Quite popular in UP and Bihar though.

So they have switched over to brown colour for the grips.What a brain wave.Do they call it Mark II(as distinguished from the Mark I by it's brown grips).Every thing else remaining the same.Including the shoddy workmanship.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm

Almost forgot.Congratulations Bhaskar.Hope you got the best of the lot.

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudra » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:55 pm

Hey Bhaskar

Congrats Buddy
Nice weapon
Have loads of fun :wink:

Have safe shooting

Regards

Rudra

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudra » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:59 pm

And yes there are still no MK2s in IOF Pistols :)
And yes I agree with Sidhu. don't use that ugly piece of rope because ur weapon cant run away like a dog. :wink:

Regards

Rudra

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 pm

Hey Bhaskar,

Congrats! Shoot well and safe.

The pistol is still horrid...nothing has changed other than the brown grips....well at least it shoots!

Regards,
CC

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi Bhaskar,

One more congratulation for the new pistol.
I personally saw this new look version and am quite impressed myself.

Have a great shooting and do share your experiances with us.

Regards,
Nishant

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudra » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:54 pm

Hey CC

U r not going to change buddy. :)

regards
Rudra

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:31 am

hi bhaskar
concrats on your possession of a brand new pistol.the new ashani looks better,even i booked one last november sent the full payment of 57k,even got a collection letter on feb 14 of this year but i dont know at the last moment i backed off and opted .22 rev. now i think i know why because my destiny wants me to have a better version.bhaskar do you have any idea why did they modify it from eight to seven round.did you get any cleaning kit or any carry case etc. with your gun. concrats once again. happy and safe shooting.did you bring bullet too.if so at what cost because now im also planning to grab one. take care.and enjoyyyyyyyy

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by saahil » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:47 am

HI ORTHO
if you wanna know more about ashani pistol look for bhaskar's post. he bought a new ashani and have posted pics on his post.take care.

penpusher

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by penpusher » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:26 am

Ashan't'i pistol :lol:

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:06 am

Congrats Bhaskar best of luck

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:29 am

Bhaskar,

Congrats on the new acquisition,shoot safe.

Enjoy these moments and the times to come,it aint as bad as it is made out to be :wink:

Sanjay

bhaskar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bhaskar » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:50 am

penpusher";p="27888 wrote: Is that a dogs leash attached to the pistol?Can never understand the need to attach a lanyard to what is meant to be a concealed firearm.Quite popular in UP and Bihar though.

So they have switched over to brown colour for the grips.What a brain wave.Do they call it Mark II(as distinguished from the Mark I by it's brown grips).Every thing else remaining the same.Including the shoddy workmanship.
dear penpusher.... thanks for the honest comments... i will make sure that i don't attach leash any more.... thanks