Arminius HW3 .32 S&W Long 7 Shot Revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Arminius HW3 .32 S&W Long 7 Shot Revolver

Post by sonuvecv » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:02 am

Dear Sir my suggestion is that dont sell it I had been also offered by a dealer same arminius .32 7 shot revolver at a price of 2.5 lakhs but thats condition was too poor yours weapon is in very nice condition and as you told that your father had imported it so its first hand weapon my suggestion is to keep it

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lucky007
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lucky007 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 am

Dear All (Sonuvecv, GNV, Vikram, Ngrewal Ji)

My heartfelt gratitude and most sincere thanks to all of you, including those who have earlier responded to my queries, and shared words of wisdom on the matter.

As a result of 10+ experts' positive review and suggestion to keep the gun, I have made up my mind to stay with this.

Wish You All a Wonderful Time Ahead...

Yours'

Lucky

Lucky007
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lucky007 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:02 am

Dear Vikram Sir

You're very right! Upon inquiry one dealer from (Ludhiana, Punjab) has quoted Rs. 3.70 L as the price for the same model/gun.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Lucky007 wrote:Dear All (Sonuvecv, GNV, Vikram, Ngrewal Ji)
My heartfelt gratitude and most sincere thanks to all of you, including those who have earlier responded to my queries, and shared words of wisdom on the matter.
As a result of 10+ experts' positive review and suggestion to keep the gun, I have made up my mind to stay with this.
Wish You All a Wonderful Time Ahead...
Yours' Lucky
(y) Good decision Lucky007 - that is a beautiful revolver, in really good condition that you have there! :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Lucky007
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lucky007 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Dear Kalyan Sir

Thanks for supporting words...

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:53 am

See you have an excellent weapon, i dont see any need for you to sell, unless you really dont have any intention or interest in the quality of weapon that own, in that scenario you can sell at an excellent price, you will get pretty decent price for this revolver, then you buy an IOF revolver with the money and the xtra money you can party for some time or even buy another weapon :). but remember, you wont ever get to lay hands again on weapon in such a good quality and condition in india without burning atleast 1.5 times the amount that you will get by selling it.

Lucky007
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lucky007 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Dear Brother Ali

Thank You much kind words. I hv decided not to sell out this gun.

SARGE7402
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by SARGE7402 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:24 pm

First let me say I'm sorry for coming to this thread late. Your Arminius was made in West Germany and the frame is made of a Zinc Aluminum Alloy called Zemak. If you look on the revolver you will find that there are proof marks - that means that your revolver passed all the same requirements that my 1970's PPK/s passed. Over the years I've owned quite a number of pistols with a zinc alloy frame - including several copies of the PPK. I've had no trouble with the frames when using factory specification ammunition. And just to keep you all up to speed, guns with zinc frames have been made here in the USA from the lowly .22 to 9mm and although the companies have changed hands/owners over the years, they keep producing thousands of these type of pistols for us Americans
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

kushalchaudhary
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kushalchaudhary » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:14 am

Don't sell this revolver. It's a good revolver and is far better than IOF Revolver. Alloy is never a problem. Just shoot as many bullets you want to shoot. Nothing is going to happen to your weapon.

KKC

Dean Weingarten
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Dean Weingarten » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:25 am

The Arminius revolvers frames are said to be made of Zamak. Zamak is a zinc alloy. It is strong enough for the task. Because Zamak casts easily and accurately, it is a good choice to make frames inexpensively. The Arminius revolvers have a good reputation for accuracy and reliability.

The problem with Zamak as a frame material is that it corrodes fairly easily, especially in contact with steel. If the revolver is not cared for (It appears that yours is well cared for), corrosion can attack the frame and weaken it. The same thing can happen to steel revolvers, but they do not corrode as quickly. Zinc is more chemically active than steel. That is why zinc is used as protective coating in galvanized steel. The Arminius has steel in the barrel in contact with zinc in the frame. This creates a potential galvanic cell, a situation that is a perfect situation for promote corrosion if an electrolyte is present (salt water). Keep the revolver well oiled, do not subject it to salt water (such as human perspiration) for long periods of time, and it will last many, many years.

If your revolver was subjected to long, hard usage, such as near continuous carry in the field in all kinds of weather and conditions, it would probably not last as well as a steel framed revolver.

Here is a discussion of the Arminius revolvers:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showth ... p?t=446711

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Dean,

That is a very useful explanation.Thank you for sharing.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:01 am

Deana nd sarge great info, Lucky wonderul decision and pay heed to suggestions by Dean above
Cheers

vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:37 am

Hi! I recently inherited the same weapon from my father.It was sold to him from the Government depot at 1200Rupees in 1986.My weapon has been used a lot, if I'm not mistaken around 1500 rounds have been put through it, including a large number of foreign rounds.My weapon is fairly corroded in the frame, near the cylinder opening catch, and infront of the grip, as it was a duty firearm, and was subject to a whole lot of abuse! :oops: As far as reliability and accuracy are concerned, it does not play second fiddle to any other weapon.I have maintained it as far as possible, but would really like to do something about this.My humble advice, don't sell it!
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

vivek16sep1969
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vivek16sep1969 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:00 am

just retain this beauty,,,, it's a part of your family heirloom,,, and it won't blow ,while discharging iof ammo,,,, these are all standard grade firearms,, better than our Indian ones,,,,
"Fast is fine but accuracy is everything......"
-Wyatt Earp