"Victory is mine"

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: "Victory is mine"

Post by xl_target » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Vikram,
I didn't think it was possible to consistently hit smaller targets with a handgun (at 100 yards).
That was until I saw Baljit do it with a .22 lr handgun. Except that he was shooting walnuts and not an 8'' plate.
That gave me the impetus to practice more at that distance.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:35 pm

xl_target wrote: Of course, then Ruger announces the Mark 4 and it is priced to match the Victory.
I've always liked the looks of the Ruger. It reminds me of the Luger but most of the Mark series, especially the Mark III are a pain to disassemble and clean.
The Mark4 has a single button on the back that you push to take down!

Sigh!!! The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?
xl_target - shooting a .22 reminded me of your thread here. Nowhere close to shooting targets at 100 yards but here's my little addition. It's not a Mark 4 (there's only ONE Mark IV in my books) but a sweet shooting .22 nonetheless. From a classified location in Her Majesty's service:
Rug.jpg
First few shots at 25mtrs IIRC :
Target.jpg
Cheers,
SS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:00 am

SS,
LOL, Just last week I asked one of the dealers in my area to place a Mark IV on order for me.

It is a model 40150 Mark IV Tactical.
The advantage of the short barrel is that no matter what ammo you put in it, it is all subonic so it will suppress really well.
It is very similar to the one that you posted, except with a shorter threaded barrel. The Picatinny rail sections are removable.

Pretty good shooting for 25 meters, ss!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941