MSD Champion

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

MSD Champion

Post by Vineet » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:04 pm

Just realised that there is no thread on it so thought of starting one. I purchased one couple of days back. It’s very compact and therefore easy to carry.
IMG_0194.jpeg
IMG_0195.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vineet on Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

For Advertising mail webmaster
UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: MSD Champion

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:53 pm

Congratulations Vineet ji. Please let us know your feedback on Champion. Does it feels very cumbersome due to weight? Does the bull barrel really reduce recoil in this gun? Have you measured accuracy at any fixed distance? Sorry for lot of questions but I am also looking for a pistol and confused a bit.

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:06 pm

Yes it would be interesting to see the accuracy on this gun. Although its designed as a carry gun and not for target shooting, it would be good to see the kind of grouping we get. Many new pistols have been released recently and there are a lot of you-tube videos on them, but none of them have any details regarding the size of groupings we get at various distances.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:46 pm

UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:53 pm
Congratulations Vineet ji. Please let us know your feedback on Champion. Does it feels very cumbersome due to weight? Does the bull barrel really reduce recoil in this gun? Have you measured accuracy at any fixed distance? Sorry for lot of questions but I am also looking for a pistol and confused a bit.
Thank you. It does not feel cumbersome. Although the barrel and slide are short but the grip area is same as standard 1911. The seven shot magazine that fits in full size 1911, that same magazine fits in it. Therefore we get proper grip on the pistol and it helps in shooting.

Will soon post shooting and accuracy review meanwhile you can watch the shooting video posted by a dealer friend.

Vineet Armoury

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:38 pm

Will be looking forward for your accuracy review. It is hard to infer the distance at which the shooter is firing in the video. Plus he has taken support of sand bag and did not show the grouping. As you are a subject expert I can infer some conclusions from your feedback.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:48 am

Vineet, that's a nice looking pistol. Others have commented on the quality of the build of these, and I am taking your purchase of one for yourself to mean that this is true -- they are well made.

While I'd also be interested in the accuracy of your pistol, I would like to know whether you find feeding to be reliable.

Congrtulations!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:02 am

timmy wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:48 am
Vineet, that's a nice looking pistol. Others have commented on the quality of the build of these, and I am taking your purchase of one for yourself to mean that this is true -- they are well made.

While I'd also be interested in the accuracy of your pistol, I would like to know whether you find feeding to be reliable.

Congrtulations!
+1
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:28 am

Hi Vineet,
Congratulations!
Theoretically speaking the conical (bell shaped) semi bull barrel and the dual spring recoil absorbing system should control the muzzle flip and the perceived recoil from a 3 inch barrel shooting a .45 ACP bullet to some extent. If you compare your pistol with a regular MSD Guardian model, is the difference significantly appreciable?
I see that you have taken some time to properly evaluate the quality and reliability of the firearm before purchasing it for yourself. Kindly post your assessment of the firearm.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:34 am

Congratulations, Vineet! Thats one beautiful firearm!

I would also like to throw in a few questions, if you don't mind :)

How much is the going rate for a Champion? The Guardian was selling for over 8 lakhs, last time I checked. Also, what's the price and availability of 45 ACP in your neck of the woods. It's still hard to find here in UP.

I was also wondering what the current crop of Indian made pistols is doing to the second hand imported guns market. I am particularly interested in the prices of PPK and Beretta 81. They used to be 10-15 lakhs not long ago. Is this still the case?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:57 am

partheus wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:34 am
Congratulations, Vineet! Thats one beautiful firearm!

I would also like to throw in a few questions, if you don't mind :)

How much is the going rate for a Champion? The Guardian was selling for over 8 lakhs, last time I checked. Also, what's the price and availability of 45 ACP in your neck of the woods. It's still hard to find here in UP.

I was also wondering what the current crop of Indian made pistols is doing to the second hand imported guns market. I am particularly interested in the prices of PPK and Beretta 81. They used to be 10-15 lakhs not long ago. Is this still the case?
Thanks everyone.

Champion is for around 2.60 lacs. The Guardian is for 3.60 lacs. Ammo is between Rs. 350 to 400 each.

Good quality imported weapons like Beretta and Walther are rare in India and these doesn’t come up for sale often. Price of good quality imported weapon hasn’t come down.
Vineet Armoury

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:42 pm

partheus wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:34 am

I am particularly interested in the prices of PPK and Beretta 81. They used to be 10-15 lakhs not long ago. Is this still the case?
I have a PPK in my family, And before me telling you the price, Gujarat is a state where weapon ownership is not like UP/Bihar and Punjab, we have selected gun owners who are either politicians, businessmen, journalists or ex servicemen, hence you may find prices of the guns at sky high prices.

You will be surprised that it costed me 13.5Lakhs, It is very expensive being a .22LR ammo, as .22 pistols are relatively cheaper. SO coming to your point the PPKs are very rare to find as they are very old models (1935s) also if you're fortunate you would find in mint conditions. The one I have my hands on is very good in condition and hence the premium price. There are pistols also for 10L or less but seeing the condition.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:23 pm

Vineet,

Congratulations! That is a lovely looking pistol. Please do a range review and share here. Happy shooting.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:52 pm

Thanks, Vineet! Looking forward to your shooting impressions. By the by, MSD calls the Champion "Custom." Does this mean we have some options? I'd prefer a left handed safety and mag release if possible.
Last edited by partheus on Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GVS
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GVS » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:54 pm

Vineet wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:04 pm
Just realised that there is no thread on it so thought of starting one. I purchased one couple of days back. It’s very compact and therefore easy to carry.
IMG_0194.jpeg
IMG_0195.png
Congratulations Vineet. That's a beautiful piece by MSD.
Looking forward to your reviews.

Cheers
Gvs
Being in your own business means working 80 hrs a week so that you don't have to work 40 hrs for somebody else

Ashok raju
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ashok raju » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:06 am

Congratulations Vineet. Happy shooting 🎯🎯