Buy a New Handgun CZ Vinveli, Cmt Glock,S&W Werywin,Jindal Tarus

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Buy a New Handgun CZ Vinveli, Cmt Glock,S&W Werywin,Jindal Tarus

Post by casual shooter » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:54 am

Hi,
If there is any news about pricing, expect it to be astronomical.

For Advertising mail webmaster
chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:40 pm

Beautiful, looks like it's the pick of the lot. I have already applied for permission to sell and would be very interested to acquire this or of MSD.

Will post photos once I get it...
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

pawan1981
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pawan1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:28 pm

casual shooter wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:54 am
Hi,
For JDtaurus PT57 its around 2.5L nearly

MAGNUM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by MAGNUM » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:52 pm

casual shooter wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:54 am
Hi,
I was told by Sarhadi Arms Chandigarh that it is likely to be priced close to 4L

pawan1981
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pawan1981 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7nFMQjXEeNo
werywin S&W revolver launched 431PD, may be in coming days they also launched pistols

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:08 pm

What do the IOF chaps load their ammo with? Black powder?

kps_dhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kps_dhillon » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:26 pm

Smith n Wesson long cartridge of IOF make is having more gunpowder so more smoke compared to normal .32 pistol cartridge of IOF.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:23 am

A larger case does not necessarily translate into more powder.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:14 am

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:23 am
A larger case does not necessarily translate into more powder.
You'v hit the nail on the head there, Winnie! The volume matters far less than the composition of the powders in question.
“Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim.”

saying in the British Royal Navy

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:19 am

Hello friends,

The JD Taurus website shows some pictures on a Revolver, any idea on when it is being launched ?

Thanks
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

sniper2014
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sniper2014 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:16 pm

Can someone share their experience on the .30 cal handguns in India ? Few brands seems to be available.

pgupta
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pgupta » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:19 pm

sniper2014 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:16 pm
Can someone share their experience on the .30 cal handguns in India ? Few brands seems to be available.
Choosing the right caliber for self-defense is crucial for ensuring both effectiveness and safety. The .30 caliber, while popular for hunting and long-range shooting, may not be the best choice for self-defense. Here are my thoughts 's why its impracticle:

1. Overpenetration: .30 caliber rounds, such as the .30-06 or .308 Winchester, are designed for high velocity and deep penetration. In a self-defense situation, overpenetration can be dangerous, as the bullet might pass through the target and potentially harm innocent bystanders.

2. Recoil and Control: These rounds typically produce significant recoil, making it harder to control the firearm during rapid-fire scenarios. This can be a disadvantage in high-stress situations where accuracy and quick follow-up shots are essential.

3. Muzzle Flash and Noise: The high velocity and powder load of .30 caliber rounds result in a loud muzzle blast and significant flash. In a self-defense scenario, especially in confined spaces, this can temporarily disorient the shooter and affect night vision.

While .30 caliber rounds are excellent for hunting and long-range shooting, their characteristics make them less suitable for self-defense. Opting for calibers specifically designed for personal protection, such as .32 or .45 ACP, offers better control, reduced risk of overpenetration, and more practical handling in emergency situations.

Correct me if i am wrong....
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

pawan1981
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pawan1981 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:40 pm

sniper2014 wrote:
I have just bought MSD Falcon in February, it is good a pistol, but the Nanda cheetah is looking more promising to me. I feel better in firing than .45, .45 has more recoil.
.30 velocity is very high, Penetration is deep.

MAGNUM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by MAGNUM » Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:37 am

pawan1981 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:40 pm
sniper2014 wrote:

I have just bought MSD Falcon in February, it is good a pistol, but the Nanda cheetah is looking more promising to me. I feel better in firing than .45, .45 has more recoil.
.30 velocity is very high, Penetration is deep.
How is the build quality of MSD Falcon in your opinion, have you seen/ fired the original Norinco TT 30, if yes how does the MSD Falcon compare to that.
As far as Nanda cheetah is concerned it is a clone of Norinco px3 which in turn is a clone of SIG p 226 . Since 30 bore pistols are very popular in pakistan, I would go by the opinion of a leading gun house owner of pakistan who pointed out two problems with px3 - ejector malfunction & very thick grip ( butt)
suitable for people with bigger palm. He strongly recommended the regular TT 30 of Norinco over the px3 as it has a simple failproof design & is extremely reliable. Feature wise the px3 looks much better & modern but if the Norinco px3 faces ejector issues i would be scared to buy the Nanda cheetah.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:11 pm

MAGNUM: Here's what I can say about the guns and cartridges mentioned:

CZ-52 in 7.62x25: When this is fired at the range, everyone knows it. There is a sharp muzzle blast, and the recoil is on the 9mm level. This gun is safe to carry and has a firing pin blocker. The grip is nearly perpendicular to the frame and the natural tendency is for it to point down. Lots of practice might overcome this.

Norinco 213/TT 33/ "Star": A little smaller than the CZ 52 in overall dimensions, this pistol is quite a bit heavier. It is easier to conceal. The muzzle is heavy and it also has an awkward grip angle, but the grip is a lot shorter and my "pinkie" finger is fully off of the grip. (The Serbian version of this pistol has a magazine capacity of one more round, and the grip is longer.) Some versions of the Norinco have a safety, but safety or not, the pistol is unsafe to carry with a round in the chamber. Mine is chambered in 9mm, but 9mm and 7.62x25 are about the same power level and recoil. The gun is not pleasant to shoot.

7.62x25 Tokarev: This is a powerful and good round. It does have lots of penetration (In the USA, the police tried to get it banned because it will penetrate some of the lowest level body armor) but this is a function of the full metal jacket bullet that most ammunition comes with. If the ammo had a good bullet design, it would be a lot better of a defensive round.

Other 9mm: I do have a new modern 9mm, and it is a delight to shoot - very controllable and shoots very comfortably, speaking of recoil.

45 Auto: I have a 1911 and it does have somewhat more recoil than 7.62x25 and 9mm, but not objectionably more. The reason for this is the pistol's superior ergonomics that are over a century old. (One wonders why, when this issue was gotten right that long ago, what the excuse of some of the more modern pistols is for having poor ergonomics?)

I own all of these pistols I'm making comments about, and that's my take on them.

I also have a Czech CZ 70, which is quite similar to a Walther PP in shape and size (in fact, it uses the same holster as the PP). It's 32 Auto cartridge is much weaker than all the previous mentioned pistols, but its light weight, compact size, and just adequate ballistic performance still makes it a viable carry pistol for close range in the hands of a practiced person. I would rank it as a better carry choice over the "Star" and the CZ 52. The 1911 is quite superior, but it is larger to conceal. My new 9mm is the "Goldilocks" choice: just right. But what works for me may very well not be the best choice for anyone else. I share my impressions here, based on my own personal experience. Make of them what you will and good luck.
“Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim.”

saying in the British Royal Navy