Another handgun seems to be coming

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
kps_dhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Another handgun seems to be coming

Post by kps_dhillon » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 am

For Advertising mail webmaster
pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Another handgun seems to be coming

Post by pawan1981 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:25 pm

kps_dhillon wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 am
Yes sir By Nanda Arms Lko
But on phone the doesn't give any timing detail

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:54 pm

Why is the 30 caliber suddenly so popular? The penetration that 30 has is quite lethal and can be dangerous. I think the .32ACP is effective enough in Indian self defence scenarios and not as penetrative as the 30. I think what is more apt for self-defense in India is a gun that is reliable and concealed IMHO. Also the availability of 30 caliber round is limited and costly. I think the cost of the round and availability should always be a primary consideration when buying a gun in India, as also reliability and concealment. Penetration should be the last.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:03 am

This has been mentioned earlier:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28356&hilit=nanda&start=15#p271090

There are a number of 32 Auto pistols coming out or announced. Surely the announcement of a pistol in a more powerful cartridge, giving a little more choice to buyers, isn't so offensive.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

kps_dhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kps_dhillon » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:08 pm

another .30 pistol by MSD

Rajput93
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rajput93 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:50 am

timmy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:03 am
This has been mentioned earlier:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28356&hilit=nanda&start=15#p271090

There are a number of 32 Auto pistols coming out or announced. Surely the announcement of a pistol in a more powerful cartridge, giving a little more choice to buyers, isn't so offensive.
Not offensive just impractical. All this 30 and 45 caliber pistols(most are 1911 and TT-30 clones) are being introduced by this new private company’s but there is no local manufacturer of this cartridges. You can only buy imported cartridges. This will skyrocket prices of already expensive cartridges due to low supply against high demand.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:28 pm

Impractical? To who?

I am guessing that a person who buys a MSD Champion probably has the means to buy whatever ammunition he is permitted. If not, then maybe the buyer only wants to look at it. If MSD's 1911 or TT33 pistols are not successful in the market, they will go away, since nobody is going to continue making them if they don't sell.

But, just like the buyer can choose to buy what's available or walk away, certainly the makers have the right to make what they want after they've jumped through who knows how many hoops they've had to transit to get the permits and manufacturing set up. If someone who wants a pistol thinks the MSD pistols are impractical, there's nothing forcing them to purchase one.

I haven't held a Champion or Guardian in my hand, but if I was looking for a defensive pistol, from the reviews I've read, they would be at the top of my list for a new Indian gun to carry. If I was looking for a gun for fun at the range, the Guardian would be my #1 choice, if my assumptions regarding design are true and the reviews about quality are evident.

I've not held one of the TT 33 copies in my hand, either, but it would seem to me to be a reasonable selection for some people. If the Falcon has the same quality as the Guardian or Champion, that would be a point in its favor in my book. The TT 33 is questionable as a carry pistol due to its lack of safety. (As I have studied pictures of it, it looks like a true Soviet TT 33 copy with no safety other than a half-cock notch, meaning one would need to carry it with an empty chamber and rack the slide to bring it into action, a serious disadvantage.) 7.62 x 25 is a powerful cartridge, about the same power as 9 x 19 mm (Luger), and about three times as powerful as 32 Auto or 32 S&W. Someone may well want that.

I don't know how the Falcon is made in the sense of refinement. Many old Communist era TT 33s like Soviet or Polish and other Warsaw Pact guns had some high quality built into them. But, they are heavy for their size and somewhat crude. My perspective is my Chinese 9mm "Star" which is somewhat roughly finished and has an awkward grip angle. For me, it's not a fun gun to shoot. These comments would seem to pertain to a TT 33 given that 9mm is about the same power level as 7.62 x 25. I also shoot a CZ52 in 7.62 x 25. It also has an awkward grip angle and when I shoot it, it lets me know that it's being shot, both with blast and recoil. (I'm shooting a bunch of surplus Romanian ammo and Sellier and Ballot commercial ammo in it.)

Anyway, I could see buying a Falcon if I had the money for it, with some reservations about what I use it for due to the safety issue.

As far as the Nanda is concerned, I have no idea about the quality of its build. Videos showing someone shooting a dirt bank or firing it in a pan full of water tell me nothing at all, other than that it can go BANG. Big deal! Of course, advertising tells us little about any gun except that it does go BANG and how many times it might possibly go BANG, but I understand that this gun is a copy of a CZ83. If so, I might expect that it has a safety of some sort, beside the double action trigger, if it is a real copy, but I would want to make sure that this is true when handling the gun and check whether the manufacturer cut corners and didn't implement all of the design features of the CZ83.

I might be mistaken, but it seems like the magazine capacity of the Nanda is a round less than the CZ83 -- I'm not sure. If this is true, it may indicate that corners have been cut.

Comparing this Nanda to the MSD Champion, Guardian, and Falcon, it would be lighter and easier to carry concealed, carries more rounds of a significantly less powerful cartridge that's easier to come by, and could be safer than the Falcon and maybe about equal to the 1911 copies to carry.

Folks can figure out their purpose and the price they're willing to pay, an choose what fits them best. I am of the opinion that having more choices is always better, and if some of the available guns are not what I prefer, I don't worry about them -- I only consider what I want, not what I don't want.

Harry S. Truman

Rajput93
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rajput93 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:30 pm

timmy wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:28 pm
Impractical? To who?

I am guessing that a person who buys a MSD Champion probably has the means to buy whatever ammunition he is permitted. If not, then maybe the buyer only wants to look at it. If MSD's 1911 or TT33 pistols are not successful in the market, they will go away, since nobody is going to continue making them if they don't sell.

But, just like the buyer can choose to buy what's available or walk away, certainly the makers have the right to make what they want after they've jumped through who knows how many hoops they've had to transit to get the permits and manufacturing set up. If someone who wants a pistol thinks the MSD pistols are impractical, there's nothing forcing them to purchase one.

I haven't held a Champion or Guardian in my hand, but if I was looking for a defensive pistol, from the reviews I've read, they would be at the top of my list for a new Indian gun to carry. If I was looking for a gun for fun at the range, the Guardian would be my #1 choice, if my assumptions regarding design are true and the reviews about quality are evident.

I've not held one of the TT 33 copies in my hand, either, but it would seem to me to be a reasonable selection for some people. If the Falcon has the same quality as the Guardian or Champion, that would be a point in its favor in my book. The TT 33 is questionable as a carry pistol due to its lack of safety. (As I have studied pictures of it, it looks like a true Soviet TT 33 copy with no safety other than a half-cock notch, meaning one would need to carry it with an empty chamber and rack the slide to bring it into action, a serious disadvantage.) 7.62 x 25 is a powerful cartridge, about the same power as 9 x 19 mm (Luger), and about three times as powerful as 32 Auto or 32 S&W. Someone may well want that.

I don't know how the Falcon is made in the sense of refinement. Many old Communist era TT 33s like Soviet or Polish and other Warsaw Pact guns had some high quality built into them. But, they are heavy for their size and somewhat crude. My perspective is my Chinese 9mm "Star" which is somewhat roughly finished and has an awkward grip angle. For me, it's not a fun gun to shoot. These comments would seem to pertain to a TT 33 given that 9mm is about the same power level as 7.62 x 25. I also shoot a CZ52 in 7.62 x 25. It also has an awkward grip angle and when I shoot it, it lets me know that it's being shot, both with blast and recoil. (I'm shooting a bunch of surplus Romanian ammo and Sellier and Ballot commercial ammo in it.)

Anyway, I could see buying a Falcon if I had the money for it, with some reservations about what I use it for due to the safety issue.

As far as the Nanda is concerned, I have no idea about the quality of its build. Videos showing someone shooting a dirt bank or firing it in a pan full of water tell me nothing at all, other than that it can go BANG. Big deal! Of course, advertising tells us little about any gun except that it does go BANG and how many times it might possibly go BANG, but I understand that this gun is a copy of a CZ83. If so, I might expect that it has a safety of some sort, beside the double action trigger, if it is a real copy, but I would want to make sure that this is true when handling the gun and check whether the manufacturer cut corners and didn't implement all of the design features of the CZ83.

I might be mistaken, but it seems like the magazine capacity of the Nanda is a round less than the CZ83 -- I'm not sure. If this is true, it may indicate that corners have been cut.

Comparing this Nanda to the MSD Champion, Guardian, and Falcon, it would be lighter and easier to carry concealed, carries more rounds of a significantly less powerful cartridge that's easier to come by, and could be safer than the Falcon and maybe about equal to the 1911 copies to carry.

Folks can figure out their purpose and the price they're willing to pay, an choose what fits them best. I am of the opinion that having more choices is always better, and if some of the available guns are not what I prefer, I don't worry about them -- I only consider what I want, not what I don't want.
Perhaps availability of these ammunitions is not an issue in major centers such as Delhi, Chandigarh, Kolkata etc. but it is a big issue where I live, a comparatively smaller center in a state (Gujarat) where not even 70 thousand individuals out of population 60 million are permitted to carry gun. It is very impractical to own a gun whose ammunition is not readily available in nearby location.
As per Indian law one cannot own more than 02 weapons against their license with limited number of bullets endorsed to them. As a result, gun shops at smaller centers (there are only 2 in my home district) usually keep calibers which are in demand.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:33 am

Rajput93 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:30 pm

Perhaps availability of these ammunitions is not an issue in major centers such as Delhi, Chandigarh, Kolkata etc. but it is a big issue where I live, a comparatively smaller center in a state (Gujarat) where not even 70 thousand individuals out of population 60 million are permitted to carry gun. It is very impractical to own a gun whose ammunition is not readily available in nearby location.
As per Indian law one cannot own more than 02 weapons against their license with limited number of bullets endorsed to them. As a result, gun shops at smaller centers (there are only 2 in my home district) usually keep calibers which are in demand.
You have assembled the facts and data pertinent to your situation and have selected the best alternative for yourself.

You have also pointed out that the conditions in other places differ from those that apply to you, which make other alternatives practical for people who live in those areas.

I agree with you fully.

That's why I conclude that it is a good thing for MSD to provide choices in the gun market that meet the needs of some folks better than other choices. If there are some who can take advantage of MSD's 45 Auto or 7.62 x 25 firearms, that is a good thing.

Harry S. Truman

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:36 pm

timmy wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:28 pm
Impractical? To who?

hello sir
Sir can you tell me whether it is right to take MSD falcon, I am from Prayagraj UP, I went to Nanda arms office Lucknow but did not get any response or time from them, currently my arms license is blank, I have limited time. 15 days to buy a pistol. i am also in touch with camsstar.30 maker(webley sial family) but situation is same. pls suggest.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:06 am

Are you willing to carry it with the chamber empty?

Can you get ammunition that you can afford?

What will you use the pistol for?

I would hate to have to buy a handgun with only 15 days to decide what to get. I guess that you could always get something to hold your license and then sell it to buy something else later, but that seems to be a less than optimal way to go about getting a gun.

Harry S. Truman

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:44 am

timmy wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:06 am
Are you willing to carry it with the chamber empty?

Can you get ammunition that you can afford?

What will you use the pistol for?

I would hate to have to buy a handgun with only 15 days to decide what to get. I guess that you could always get something to hold your license and then sell it to buy something else later, but that seems to be a less than optimal way to go about getting a gun.
Yes sir Chamber Empty is ok
daily concealed carry.
yes sir i afford easily no problem of price
used pistol is sir self defense and shooting in range (we have range in stone mines and with friends they already have colt m1911,WeltherP20 .22,AHt 401 semi auto, O/U Stallion 12G, on License)

sir i finally go to Glock gen 21,S&W 2.0, CZP10f,
But it is not available yet.
my PP time is ending very soon.
PLs Suggest

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:38 am

I have not handled a Falcon, so I can't give you an opinion on the actual gun that you would buy, either good or bad.

As far as whether it meets your needs, I can't answer that question and you seem to have done so already in your post.

If you think that the gun will meet your needs or is what you want, then you already have your answer. I can't give you any guarantee as to whether or not you will be happy with it.

Harry S. Truman

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:06 am

timmy wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:38 am
I have not handled a Falcon, so I can't give you an opinion on the actual gun that you would buy, either good or bad.

As far as whether it meets your needs, I can't answer that question and you seem to have done so already in your post.

If you think that the gun will meet your needs or is what you want, then you already have your answer. I can't give you any guarantee as to whether or not you will be happy with it.
ok sir

thankyou