I have a browning.32 acp

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
kaushalendra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

I have a browning.32 acp

Post by kaushalendra » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:20 pm

Hi,
I have a browning.32 acp ,’22. Handed down as family heirloom. The handgun is probably at least 80 years old. It is in a very good condition and fires well. It has no signs of any corrosion / rusting. Only issue I have faced is breakage of the firing pin, twice , which the local gunsmith fabricated and it does the job well only issue Is the quality of the metal used to fabricate the pin but I now have anxiety issues regarding failure to fire.Couldn’t find an original replacement.
Another part is the magazine, which shows signs of wear and tear but does its job . I have contemplated replacing the weapon but the local gunsmith advised against it.

It is rude to highjack someone else's thread -- open a new one of your own when you want to address a new topic! Your topic has been moved to a new thread. Next time, you will be expected to do this yourself - moderator

For Advertising mail webmaster
revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: I have a browning.32 acp

Post by revolver » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:47 pm

It’s a collectors gun if it’s the 1910 browning. Very few in India. I would recommend keeping the gun and getting the firing pin and the magazine fabricated from some reputable gunsmith, there many in India. You would just need to look hard. Another suggestion is importing the firing pin from the US. It shouldn’t be a problem I think.

kaushalendra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: I have a browning.32 acp

Post by kaushalendra » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:35 am

Thanks for the reply. Wanted to know what documents would I need to import a magazine and firing pin?
One firm is ready to ship but wants to if I need an import license and if don’t then a self attested document saying I don’t require any certificate, permission.

Thanks