New made in india pistol of .32 calibre by AHT called stallion is out in the market.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Urgen Negi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New made in india pistol of .32 calibre by AHT called stallion is out in the market.

Post by Urgen Negi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:14 pm

But it has the same problems as all the other made in india pistols, i.e., questionable reliability, availability. Dealers are trying to sell it around 3 lakhs. I have a fresh arms licence and I'm really confused so as to which weapon to buy for concealed carry in 32 bore. Not looking for revolvers as pistols can hold larger capacity. Should I go for the newly launched stallion or just go for iof pistols?
I have a permit to buy from outside the state (as my licence is valid in only H.P.) till feb 15. Please suggest.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kps_dhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: New made in india pistol of .32 calibre by AHT called stallion is out in the market.

Post by kps_dhillon » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:08 am

Stallion pistol has striking similarity to Beretta 81/82 .32 pistol but looks wise is excellent no doubt. Will request members to post review of its working and handling, accuracy.

Urgen Negi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: New made in india pistol of .32 calibre by AHT called stallion is out in the market.

Post by Urgen Negi » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:22 pm

That would be wonderful, thanks so much.

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:48 pm

Urgen Negi wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:14 pm
But it has the same problems as all the other made in india pistols, i.e., questionable reliability, availability. Dealers are trying to sell it around 3 lakhs. I have a fresh arms licence and I'm really confused so as to which weapon to buy for concealed carry in 32 bore. Not looking for revolvers as pistols can hold larger capacity. Should I go for the newly launched stallion or just go for iof pistols?
I have a permit to buy from outside the state (as my licence is valid in only H.P.) till feb 15. Please suggest.

sir i am also planing to by the same, because i have no choice, i have search alot, alot but result is zero, vinveli, glock, verywin, JDTaurus, Grand power,
all are only giving the time, i reached maximum PP increase time, Webley and MSD are very bulky and weighted

drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drshamsherrana » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:04 pm

i will suggest just cover the license with a used revolver iof.let these products have some user reviews ,as i personally find the good looking but performance unknown.so better to wait and watch.

Rajput93
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rajput93 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:32 pm

Urgen Negi wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:14 pm
As a beginner I would suggest you opt for Revolver as your first weapon rather than pistol. It is easy to handle, easy to clean and easy to dismantle and reassemble compared to pistol (too many moving parts). But if you are set on pistol go for easily available calibers like 0.32 or even 0.22 if you can find a import for sale. Imported ammo prices have skyrocketed in India.
Might I suggest Webley fox or Astr Atal.

Urgen Negi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Urgen Negi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:19 am

I'm confused between atal and stallion pistols. Gun dealers have different opinions. Atal was my first choice, but the gun dealers gave negative reviews but none of them had the pistol available.

Urgen Negi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Urgen Negi » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:27 am

I finally booked the stallion pistol, because of the fit and finish, light weight of the pistol and 3 years warranty given by the manufacturer which can be extended to additional 2 years. The dealer shall deliver it by 12th of March. Hopefully I made a good purchase. Kindly share your views and suggestions.
Thanks.

kps_dhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kps_dhillon » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:13 pm

In terms of calibre .32 makes sense in india as it's ammunition is one of the most widely available and reasonably priced compared to .45 or .30 pistols. Pistol looks good on spec sheet pls post a review when you catch hold of it.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:07 pm

It's a very neat looking pistol, congratulations. My only issue with the Stallion is that I understand it's made of high grade Aluminium , how good it is , is it going to hold up over the years ?
The Company is very confident it is.
If the usage is less I guess you have nothing to worry and wish you well.
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

dada_yuvraj_13
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dada_yuvraj_13 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:44 pm

IMG-20240119-WA0011.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Wishes & Regards
Rajkumar Yuvraj Singh Dada (जाज्वल्य,छत्तीसगढ़)

Urgen Negi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Urgen Negi » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:40 am

Thanks everyone for your wishes. I'm pretty excited, I will post a review as soon as I get it delivered and after firing.
As one gentleman suggested, only the frame is made of high grade aluminium and the slide and barrel materials are made out of chromium molybdenum steel (carbon steel). And my usage is also not going to be much. Thanks for the suggestions I'm open to more suggestions.
Regards.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:19 am

Urgen Negi: a new pistol is always a fun acquisition -- we hope that you will enjoy yours!

Regarding aluminum and polymer framed pistols, I don't see a downside to them if they are made well and used for what one buys them for.

Using a serviceable grade of aluminum for the frame can offer a useful trade-off between durability and weight. This is especially true if the grooves for the slide are provided with steel bearing inserts. Also, anodized aluminum can be VERY hard!

Regarding polymer, steel bearing surfaces are pretty much required, and they too can offer a reasonable weapon.

I think that these observations especially apply when one considers the ammunition limitations that are imposed upon shooters. Just how many rounds are actually going to be fired through a gun in 10, 20, or 30 years? This is also a valid consideration.

So, a lot of this boils down to what one wants a gun for, and how well it is made. Please don't forget to share your shooting experiences with us after you are able to try your new gun out at the range.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:46 pm

timmy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:19 am
Urgen Negi: a new pistol is always a fun acquisition -- we hope that you will enjoy yours!

Regarding aluminum and polymer framed pistols, I don't see a downside to them if they are made well and used for what one buys them for.

Using a serviceable grade of aluminum for the frame can offer a useful trade-off between durability and weight. This is especially true if the grooves for the slide are provided with steel bearing inserts. Also, anodized aluminum can be VERY hard!

Regarding polymer, steel bearing surfaces are pretty much required, and they too can offer a reasonable weapon.

I think that these observations especially apply when one considers the ammunition limitations that are imposed upon shooters. Just how many rounds are actually going to be fired through a gun in 10, 20, or 30 years? This is also a valid consideration.

So, a lot of this boils down to what one wants a gun for, and how well it is made. Please don't forget to share your shooting experiences with us after you are able to try your new gun out at the range.
nice suggestion sir 👌

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:06 pm

Mr.Negi, Please post technical , price , warranty and test details of the Pistol as soon as you acquire it. Use different brands of ammo and stock the most economical brand.
Jai Hind.