Suggestions to buy new weapon

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
MilanJoshi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Suggestions to buy new weapon

Post by MilanJoshi » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:51 pm

Dear All Members,

I am newbie to this platform and arms enthusiast.

Recently I have received my arms Licence from Gujarat. It was very tough to receive licence here and glad that I got one.

Anyway my query is something I am looking for low budget weapon preferably Pistol. Even used weapon will also do.

Can any member suggest me which weapon I should go for or from where I can buy used weapon? And what could be tentative cost. .22LR or .32 any will bore will do. I have received one option of .22LR berreta for 1.51L is it good deal or should I go with RFI .32?

It will be my first weapon. So initially I don't want to spend lots in it.

For Advertising mail webmaster
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Suggestions to buy new weapon

Post by to_saptarshi » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:22 pm

Beretta has numerous model in .22LR , hence unless you mentioned the model and condition of it , its difficult to comment, nevertheless 1.51L for a Beretta in acceptable condition is definitely a very good deal and dirt cheap in my opinion , considering the market trend. Dealers usually quote 4 to 5L for a used Beretta in acceptable condition. if you are considering .22LR , Hi-Standard could be very good budget option. In .32 Caliber there are many Indian brand available , they are much better to consider from pragmatic point of view than spending exorbitant price over used Imported models. Avoid IOF models as you get much better option with Private Indian Manufacturers
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:35 pm

First off I agree with Sapta's views. Get the .22 LR cause you will be able to shoot it more often.
And the price seems decent.
As an Ashani owner, I went from elation to despair and back to feeling good now. The reason is that first when I bought it I found the magazine spring lost its strength after keeping it loaded with 7 bullets for a few weeks. Then a gunsmith fleeced me to set it right.

After a while, I learned that it was a simple fix. So if you don't load more than five bullets in the mag, the pistol functions perfectly. If shot at ten meters you can learn to shoot reasonably tight groups even without sights. The new ones come with sights now. I like the new pistols available but they still seem expensive at 3-5 lakhs. But If I could get rid of the Ashani then I would go for the Atal pistol or if I had the change, the 1911 versions.

A 7.65 is easier to shoot than a .45 to begin with. This takes some coaching and practice with live ammo. So go ahead and try out a few if you can and then spend your money.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Patelji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Patelji » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:48 pm

Boss
Where are you getting such good deals in market?

MilanJoshi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MilanJoshi » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:03 pm

MilanJoshi wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:51 pm
Dear All Members,

Recently I have received my arms Licence from Gujarat. It was very tough to receive licence here and glad that I got one.

Anyway my query is something I am looking for low budget weapon preferably Pistol. Even used weapon will also do.

Can any member suggest me which weapon I should go for or from where I can buy used weapon? And what could be tentative cost. .22LR or .32 any will bore will do. I have received one option of .22LR berreta for 1.51L is it good deal or should I go with RFI .32?

Edit : guys sorry for trouble. I have attached pics of Berrata.22LR. According to me it's prior to 1986 hence it should be in vintage category. What price it should be to buy?

You can PM me suggested prices if not proper to write in thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:09 am

MilanJoshi wrote:
I would first like to suggest that you rethink your question. I'm advising this to help you, and to help others who read this who may be in the same situation as you are, and who have the same question.

"Please ask yourself, what would you think if someone asked: "Can any member suggest me which automobile I should go for or from where I can buy used automobile?"

For instance, some people want a car to get around town. They would want a small car that is easy to park and maneuver in tight spaces, and consumes a minimal amount of fuel.

Some want a car to travel long distances. They would want a larger car that is more comfortable and is more relaxing to drive over long periods of time.

Some would want a car because they haul a lot of packages or children. They might want a small van or SUV for this use.

You can immediately see that there are many ways to use a car and many reasons why one would want to buy a car. You can see from this that we could help you more if you would rethink your question about guns.

You might want a gun for target shooting. A larger gun with well-defined sights might be a good choice. You might want a gun for self-protection or defense. Here, you might want a gun that is smaller in size, so that you could carry it without it being seen. You might want a gun that's cheap to shoot, so a 22 would be a good fit. Or, you might want a gun because you want one, so an interesting or curious or older gun might please you.

Just like rephrasing the question to be about cars, there are choices (but sadly, not as many in India as in other places) in guns that fit different uses and different tastes, as well as different amounts one is willing to spend.

Please think about your use and preferences for a gun. This will help us to answer your question better!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:19 am

MilanJoshi wrote:
Dear All Members,

congratulations Milan ji
Taurus Launching very soon .32 bore model PT57, it cast around 2.5L. pt57 is also Berreta copy. JD Taurus has appoint two master dealer, one is From Chandigarh Sarhadi Arms, 2nd is from kolkatta Royal Bangal Arms.
i was also waiting but ran out of time to buy so i just bought MSD Falcon .30 bore. it is a copy of russian TT.30 bore it is quite impressive.

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:30 am

How is accuracy of falcon at 10 to 20 feets. How is quality of barrel. Do post falcon 30 cal pistol firing feedback.
James

MilanJoshi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MilanJoshi » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:11 am

Dear IFG members,

I was searching on internet on this gun. It's Beretta 948 .22LR made in early 1950's. I have checked the gun personally and it's awesome. Yet I am unable to find on Indian market about more information and tentative prices on this particular model.

If someone known to this particular model and it's prices then kindly let me know.

MAGNUM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by MAGNUM » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:20 pm

pawan1981 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:19 am
MilanJoshi wrote:
Dear All Members,

congratulations Milan ji
Taurus Launching very soon .32 bore model PT57, it cast around 2.5L. pt57 is also Berreta copy. JD Taurus has appoint two master dealer, one is From Chandigarh Sarhadi Arms, 2nd is from kolkatta Royal Bangal Arms.
i was also waiting but ran out of time to buy so i just bought MSD Falcon .30 bore. it is a copy of russian TT.30 bore it is quite impressive.
Hello Pawan ji , please tell us more about your MSD Falcon, if possible a detailed review, I am going to buy one shortly hence want to know about some first hand experience of our members

MilanJoshi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MilanJoshi » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:30 pm

pawan1981 wrote:
MilanJoshi wrote:
Dear All Members,

congratulations Milan ji
At what price you bought Falcon .30

gb123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gb123 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:45 pm

.22 lr is good choice, accuracy for newbie shooters is excellent. Also lack of recoil, retort and cost of rounds makes a very sound case. However owing to the low price offered, I suspect there might be repairs required or performed already on the gun. And since spare parts are often not available, gunsmiths often create these parts. I might be wrong but please get it checked properly with some competent gunsmith.

Pradyumna
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Pradyumna » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:55 pm

I also doubt that way. Price is too low to believe.

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:49 pm

MilanJoshi wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:30 pm
pawan1981 wrote:
MilanJoshi wrote:
Dear All Members,

congratulations Milan ji
At what price you bought Falcon .30
3.1L