.32 I.O.F Revolver vs .32 ASHANI Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
gajamacho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: .32 I.O.F Revolver vs .32 ASHANI Pistol

Post by gajamacho » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:18 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
gajamacho wrote:to put it straight, MADE IN INDIA = NO GOOD.
You are MADE IN INDIA as well,I assume.- I am made in GOA...Only after 1961 did i become Indian by Force
dr.jayakumar wrote:the iof pistol will handle properly if you are lucky .most pistol's get jammed very often.either it doesn't eject or does not load properly or does not fire at all,since its hammerless you can't do much about the perfomance.iof revovler wil be the best ,as well said'' better of the 2 evils''.i know you are confused.try one of your friends and you will be able to decide.happy shooting.
It is a concealed hammer and not a hammerless pistol. I have owned two and none had the problems you list. Also most of the issues are an easy fix.The mechanism is fairly simple.
- Drowning people always take others down with them(read as IOF gun owners),This is a normal Indian syndrome.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Doctor sahab,
The Doc is right! you are misinformed there is nothing wrong with the pistol in most of the cases,and to tell you its not hammer-less, its hammered and from my personal experience i am yet to come across a pistol that misses,mostly its ammo fault that causes a jam while feeding or ejecting and other area is the mag itself.
regards

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Goa is/ was ever an independent country?! :?
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 pm

mundaire wrote:Goa is/ was ever an independent country?! :?
Yes in the brief second between the fellows in knickers laying down their arms and the Indian Army accepting their surrender :mrgreen:

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 am

gajamacho wrote: I am made in GOA...Only after 1961 did i become Indian by Force
Goa's known history stretches back to the 3rd century BC, when it formed part of the Mauryan Empire, ruled by the Buddhist emperor, Ashoka of Magadha. In 1312, Goa came under the governance of the Delhi Sultanate. In 1510, the Portuguese defeated the ruling Bijapur kings leading to the establishment of a permanent settlement in Velha Goa (or Old Goa). On 12 December 1961, the Indian Army commenced with Operation Vijay resulting in the annexation of Goa, Damman and Diu into the Indian union. Ref......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa

Your age is listed as 31 years on this board . Further mathematics is not that difficult . :)

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:51 pm

The Doc wrote:Your age is listed as 31 years on this board . Further mathematics is not that difficult . :)
:mrgreen:
Last edited by grewal on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

gajamacho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gajamacho » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 pm

grewal wrote:
The Doc wrote:Your age is listed as 31 years on this board . Further mathematics is not that difficult . :)
:mrgreen:
Re-mapped by Power-Commander :mrgreen:
Last edited by gajamacho on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:41 pm

I would request moderator to delete from the beginning to this(my) post all the political and the cheap commented posts. I don't think we need all these irrelevant/off topic discussions on this forum. If someone wants to express his political opinions, it would be better for him to express on some other political forum but certainly not on IFG.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:47 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by grewal on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

gajamacho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gajamacho » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:56 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:I would request moderator to delete from the beginning to this(my) post all the political and the cheap commented posts. I don't think we need all these irrelevant/off topic discussions on this forum. If someone wants to express his political opinions, it would be better for him to express on some other political forum but certainly not on IFG.
Boss, we are having a small sledging session for fun..

BTW , someone has a big cock here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&p=123665

Why dont you whine about that to the moderators?

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:21 pm

gajamacho wrote:
goodboy_mentor wrote:I would request moderator to delete from the beginning to this(my) post all the political and the cheap commented posts. I don't think we need all these irrelevant/off topic discussions on this forum. If someone wants to express his political opinions, it would be better for him to express on some other political forum but certainly not on IFG.
Boss, we are having a small sledging session for fun..

BTW , someone has a big cock here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&p=123665

Why dont you whine about that to the moderators?

Lets all calm down folks dont want this to spiral out of control..

Gaja so take this as very last advise so lets discuss some thing meaningful and some members do have more leverage ..I know it aint fare 8) Its some words deemed irresponsible which always leads to this so lets take it down a notch..Hoping to see you around
Best

gajamacho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gajamacho » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Heh Heh..Ok agreed Ngrewal...i miss my school days :wink:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:41 pm

All,
going OT is part of the web 'nether life'.
Dont we all wish for the utopian, straight line,s and blacks and whites?
Most times, there is an element of self regulation here.SO I think, we should let things ride, what?
So, after a brief interlude in OT land:
Once more unto the breach, my friends!
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

χάος
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by χάος » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 am

bobbysidhu wrote:Dear members,
after reading the articles cited above, there certainly are some good things about revolvers but,Contrary to what james has said jamming of weapon is not only associated with semi autos or autos,there have been so many instances where people have come to me with jammed revolvers and in most cases broken firing pin, bend bolt stop,debris,most of the time fired cases buldging in the chambers and the rubbing on the breech face including that also on S&Ws and colts etc!
what would you do if your firing pin breakes or the pin holding it in place on S&W and webleys etc also IOF is missing? ofcourse a cartridge can be pulled out and replaced with a new one in case of jam in an auto but tere are no chanches to put the rev back in action in a similar situation.moreover writers often write that springs get weak in auto magazines etc etc i dont agree to this!it is because of the fact thatthe steel used in both the weapon springs is of same grade/quality except if some one has replaced the original with a counterfeit! so this theory ends here.moreover old revolvers that have leaf or V springs tends to have spring failure problems the the revolvers taht have coil springs in them! anyhow in modern springmakin the life of spring depends more or less on the stresscyclec than the temporary stress.(in situation where we keep the hammers on both the firearm cocked the chances of missing are equal)

in the end the best example i would like to give here is that no military paramilitary of developed countries uses revolvers as close combat arm if the ammo is poorly manufactured the no firearm would function reliably.
GIVEN QUALITY AMMO AND MAINTENANCE TO BOTH THE ARMS,THE PISTOL WOULD ANYDAY OUTSHOOT THE REVOLVER IN A SIMILAR SITUATION NO MATTER WHAT.

REGARDS
BOBBY
Very Well said .. !!
:agree: :agree: :agree: :cheers: :agree: :agree: :agree:
Adios'

V

Guns don't kill people - POLICIES DO
What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. what we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.

Guns_Lover
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Guns_Lover » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:26 pm

PLEASE no POLITICAL remarks.....