Is 9mm an authorised civilian bore??

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Is 9mm an authorised civilian bore??

Post by indiaone » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 pm

In any District in India , the authorities will not issue arms license other than for .32,.30,.25,.22 as no one will take the risk of interpreting various distinctions of 9mm ,.38 and .45 cartridges.If you insist they will make a referance to the MHA and that will be the end of the matter. No point in making arguments with the Arms section officials in the DM's office.All serious shooters should apply for .32 and on receipt of the licence should go in for IOF Revolver,as pistol will take ages to get delivered. In the years ahead, production of revolvers are expected to increase further.
Bharat Mahan

For Advertising mail webmaster
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:52 am

indiaone wrote: All serious shooters should apply for .32 and on receipt of the licence should go in for IOF Revolver,as pistol will take ages to get delivered.
Are you serious about this ? :D
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:13 pm

We should always remember the ground reality prevailing in India. Since there is a ban on import of firearms for civilian use, astronomical price is quoted by the dealers for imported firearms. Secondly, most of imported small arms are at least two or three decades old.

Till the early 80s the civil servants had access to purchase confiscated firearms from the District Malkhana. The politicians were not interested on Malkhana sale as they could purchase firearm of their choice from the Arms dealers. Many of these old firearms are now in circulation for sale by the arms dealers. It is criminal waste of money to go in for this vintage imported stuff at astronomical price. The IOF revolver and pistol both are value for money. They look crude by the side of 1930 model Colt hammerless, but they work perfectly. The only drawback with IOF products is that in certain section of our society , the impression will get created that the owners of IOF product are not financially resourceful enough.

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:10 pm

indiaone wrote:We should always remember the ground reality prevailing in India. Since there is a ban on import of firearms for civilian use, astronomical price is quoted by the dealers for imported firearms. Secondly, most of imported small arms are at least two or three decades old.

Till the early 80s the civil servants had access to purchase confiscated firearms from the District Malkhana. The politicians were not interested on Malkhana sale as they could purchase firearm of their choice from the Arms dealers. Many of these old firearms are now in circulation for sale by the arms dealers. It is criminal waste of money to go in for this vintage imported stuff at astronomical price. The IOF revolver and pistol both are value for money. They look crude by the side of 1930 model Colt hammerless, but they work perfectly. The only drawback with IOF products is that in certain section of our society , the impression will get created that the owners of IOF product are not financially resourceful enough.
Gentlemen,

I'm utterly confused here .. Is it illegal to import fire-arms? I thought it wasn't, I mean there have been open discussions here about importing fire-arms .. all that know-how. After reading all at the forum, this one seems contradictory.
Can anyone clarify ?
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Importation of firearms is not banned. It is restricted and the facility is currently available to Renowned shooters and to those Indians returning from abroad who are transferring their residence to India. In both cases, conditions apply.The returning Indians are not allowed to transfer or sale their firearm in their lifetime.

hellboyraden
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hellboyraden » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:47 pm

wat a stupid question is that????...YES..it is prohibited bore..!!

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:51 pm

hellboyraden wrote:wat a stupid question is that????...YES..it is prohibited bore..!!
Well, Einstein, no one here is a born genius like you.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:15 pm

'hellboyraden'

Bear in mind to behave while you're writing here.
This is not a bar. It is a forum where serious business is run by decent people and has certain protocols.
Moreover, what you've breached was a basic behavioral etiquette.
Those who cannot respect others have no place here.

Be careful. A recurrence of this would have consequences.

Regards,
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:46 pm

hellboyraden wrote:wat a stupid question is that????...YES..it is prohibited bore..!!
In reality only the 9x19 is restricted, also known as 9 Luger, 9 NATO, 9 Para...

lionheartguru
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lionheartguru » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:03 am

huuuu .... banned only for common people like you and me .....
NON-PROHIBITED for Politicians,IAS,IPS,IFS and other powerful and influential people
i have seen a brand new Glock17 ( i guess a 9mm ! ) imported *with bill and warranty :D , by a MLA

what say ?
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.