my CZ83-photos

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
airvolver
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

my CZ83-photos

Post by airvolver » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:19 pm

this is my daily concealed carry firearm. CZ83 9mmS, entire handgun fully hard chromed, i hand filed and lowered the ejection port; filed and honed out all sharp and rough edges, polished the feed ramp and changed the slide stop spring clip with a stronger one that does not move during operation. this gun will load an empty case from magazine while firing, that is how smoothly it operates. no jams whatsoever and very accurate. i use Cor-Bon JHP +P ammunition from it. i had a spring maker make me a more solid return spring as well.

its about airvolution!

For Advertising mail webmaster
tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: my CZ83-photos

Post by tirths » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:38 pm

cool! how much you have paid for the gun?

Tai Ahom
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Tai Ahom » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:45 pm

You have a real beauty :mrgreen:

farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:46 am

great piece.. take care of it
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

airvolver
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airvolver » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:52 am

i bought this handgun from a guy who complained that it was too big for him to carry daily...lol...he was a big guy.

in indian rupees, i paid IN 4,419.60

i have neglected to clean it in 3 months, but due to the smooth chrome surface and the special blend of oil and teflon, it requires cleaning every 4-5 months. does not rust from serious humid weather carry, where i pespire a lot.

i have 3 spare magazines as well.
its about airvolution!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:03 am

Great gun is it .380 ACP or 9mm markov? I heard from some one else it aint exactly Conceal carry compared to say Waltherppks but love these CZ pistols and this one has decent magazine capacity too..

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:27 am

That's one good looking 83, Airvolver. I'm a CZ fan myself. I think they make a great gun for the money.

-- Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:59 pm --

That's one good looking 83, Airvolver. I'm a CZ fan myself. I think they make a great gun for the money.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

airvolver
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airvolver » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:40 pm

yes guys, its a great handgun, carries well on the ankle or hip...i carry on ankle. with the right tweaks to it, some good quality ammo and a durable finish on the steel, you cant beat the package for the price.

it is VERY accurate ! fits well in my hands, minimal recoil, quick recovery on every shot, double taps are easy....the list goes on and on...

its .380acp ngrewal

pS: i have used this pistol in a real life defense situation against armed robbers!
its about airvolution!

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:24 pm

Very nice handgun mate. Great price.
:deadhorse:

I think it is a very reliable and sturdy weapon. The 15Rd Mag will sure be an advantage, specially against armed robbers!

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:19 pm

I like the Cz's as well. And that is the first bling Cz I have seen. Good guns, reliable and cheap. Guns seem to be really cheap in SA.

airvolver
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airvolver » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:27 pm

not really, firearms are very expensive here. i purchased this pistol from a guy who bought it along with few other friends. he fired it a few times and it was locked away in his safe for quite a long time. he asked me to sell it for him, so i made an offer and he agreed.

the CZ83 pistol sells on average, in south africa, for RAND1800,00. that is about INR 11,352
its about airvolution!

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:32 pm

It is any day better than what they ask for here buddy.

There was a CZ 83 in .32 for sale with Royal Armoury for 12L and it was sold in about a months time.
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

airvolver
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airvolver » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:36 pm

yes, well built firearms will always hold a special pricing bracket....at times you can find the occassional luck price. guess that, at those times, we can call it a LUCKY SHOT.... :mrgreen:

MoA, i personally dont like self defense daily carry sidearm to be high gloss shiny silver, i only had it chromed to stop the surface rusting that was occuring on the slide and frame from daily carry. if i had my own way, i would have preferred a chrome moly in matt black. what firearm do you carry for personal protection?
its about airvolution!

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Beautiful gun though for me personally no pistol hold a greater CC charm than the PPK... but this CZ is a nice hardworking gun... Could u narrate the armed robber situation and what u did and what u did right wrong and what better could u do. what lessons did u learn from it.. any tips for u... so we can learn from urs..
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Even at 1800 rands it is very very cheap.