My Pistols and target results!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: My First pistol

Post by Sakobav » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:08 am

Vikram wrote:
weapon247 wrote:wow so many views and not even bothered to post a comment like congrats buddy you have a nice piece!! LOL :D or :cpix:

I missed this post somehow! :oops: Congratulations,my friend, on this very nice pistol. Looks great.Care to post a range report/review for us?That will be great.

Best-
Vikram
:agree: + 1..got side tracked on other discussion

Good luck by the way you owe us complete snaps of your guns and the range too and if possible your city too

Cheers

For Advertising mail webmaster
weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:13 am

@ Vikram Ngrewal

Thanks Sir.. will post more pics and a range session (maybe)!! Unfortunately due to law n order situation here (restriction on carrying of weapons) I had to cancel a range trip!!

Will do so once things get better!!

I am from Karachi by the way!!

ALCHEMIST1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ALCHEMIST1 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:28 am

I'd recommend USPSA competition as a better mode of practice, Rambo1. IPSC/IDPA/USPSA type competitions test speed, accuracy and power at the same time - all of which are important in a defensive situation. Simply going through the NRA certification is great for marksmanship, but probably helps little as far as speed goes. I shoot with the Brazosland Pistoleros in CS and it is a lot of fun. I'm certain there would be a similar club which has sanctioned USPSA matches in or around Lubbock.

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 pm

[Img2=][/Img2]just to refresh I m posting pics of my stoeger and Taurus .. enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Beautiful pistols W247, :cpix:
I am a pistol lover my self.....have a Bernardelli .32 and just love her.
Hopefully some day we too will be able to own them....pricewise and availability....
regards
Happy.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:28 am

weapon247

Those are great guns thanks for posting

Cheers

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:52 am

Nice handguns Weapon 247.

Don't let the Glock Kool-Aid drinkers snow you.
If Rambo1 was so allfired up on his training, he should know you have to train for the weapon you are using. For an instructor to only recommend only one brand of hand gun over all the others is shortsighted and foolish. BTW, the Fraternal Order of Police doesn't select a department's handguns. In the US, Individual departments usually have the latitude to follow the advice of its own armorers, etc when selecting a handgun. A Police Department's choice of handgun is usually set by the department itself, not their Union. Besides that, companies like S&W has been making inroads in their police sales, often replacing the Glocks that the department previously carried. In fact, in the recent ATF trials, both S&W and Glock were selected as vendors for the ATF. Millions of people use pistols with safeties. While I personally don't care that much for a manual safety on a handgun, that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. Just remember that the US Armed Forces have used (since 1911) and still do use a handgun with a manual safety. Since those guns have worked just fine for the military forces of the US, that kind of throws the "because Police use it, it must be the best" argument out the window.

Weapon247, the main requirement for a self defense handgun is that it should go bang every time you pull the trigger and be able to hit what it is aimed at. If your handgun will do that, you should have no qualms about using a Taurus or a Stoeger. As for parts availability, you should have no worries about 24-7 parts availability in the forseeable future. As far as SIG parts go, Rambo, parts are still available for SIG guns made in the 1970's and most of their models still use the same parts as when they left the factory. I'm glad you like your Glock because it is a fine handgun but that doesn't mean every other brand of handgun, as you seem to imply, is not.

Once again weapon247, congratulations on your purchases.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm

xl_target your welcome!!

and thanks for the advice!!

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Frankly, I am not very fond of a Glock either. Though I have shot it often with pretty good results on paper. Surprisingly, quite a few active field officers in Mumbai police still prefer gud ole HP-35 types and they have a very funny but logical explanation for it. The criminals do not take this pistol (Glock) seriously and doubt its lethality they say which often end up in a forced encounter as a result. :lol:
Some how my mind always anticipates it would go "POP" instead of a BANG when squeezing the trigger of a loaded Glock.
I much prefer a H&K USP instead for it's feel and lethal looks. This will be the pistol for me if ever the import opens during my life time.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:56 pm

"A glock is not taken seriously by criminals" I simply cant understand why they would think so marksman??

Also the feeling of going pop instead of bang is a bit difficult for me to understand. I always thought that among all the striker fired pistols glock is a very reliable gun when it comes to going bang.. obviuosly with any other mechanical device even the best of best guns if operated outside of its norms may jam/fail etc

personally I also dont like glocks myself either!!

I have fired extensively glock 17 & 19 but didnt find anything out of ordinary or extra special for the price it is been sold in Pakistan i.e $ 2500-3000!!

bhawani shukla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bhawani shukla » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 am

hey can anyone tell me which is the best pistol available in the world if u can get a pb lisence in india?Can we import a Smith&Wesson 500 Magnum Revolver to india in the pb bore to india?

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:06 am

bhawani shukla wrote:hey can anyone tell me which is the best pistol available in the world if u can get a pb lisence in india?Can we import a Smith&Wesson 500 Magnum Revolver to india in the pb bore to india?
1. Any evaluation would be subjective. What is the use the pistol will be put to (range/competition use, concealed carry, home defense, etc.)? That would determine which pistol to consider.
2. The import of firearms for civilian use is forbidden
3. .500 S&W Magnum is not a prohibited bore and that gun is too damn big to carry around, much less conceal.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 am

weapon247,
I grew up admiring and holding lethal blued steel. Holding a synthetic piece in my hand called Glock some how does not go well with me. It gives me the feel of a toy gun that will go "pop" It's a purely personal opinion. The small time Bhai certainly initially was not techno savvy enough to know of the modern development in small arms and I guess.. The Mumbai field officers certainly thought these pistols weren't being taken as a serious threat when it was aimed at them some time ago. The opinion must have changed with time on both sides I guess.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:42 pm

good to be back from vacations

below is a target i shot on 30JAN2011 from my stoeger cougar

Handgun:...............Stoeger Cougar
Distance:................15 M
Technique:..............Deliberate Fire. Standing, with both hands.
Time:.......................1330 hrs
Target:................... 25m precision target.
score ......................229/300(76%approx)

Last edited by weapon247 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RamMani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by RamMani » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 pm

by ngrewal » 04 Feb 2010, 08:35
Rambo1

I am not sure when Licenses for Radio's were ever required.unless its the HAM radio in India.
Yes,I remember in my 10ths,We had a murphy valve set and a Licenses for it,like a post office passbook,the license fee paid at postoffice,they put a 'THE GREAT INDIAN POST OFFICE SEAL' on it.
The License book was simply kept on the radio set at any time for ready to show,I asked my father how did they identify the radio sets inside the house? they were simply detected by the external antenna and without external antenna they don't speak.But I don't remember when it disappeared,It may be after the arrival of Transister.

We also had a pass for cycles in village areas,if we caught without pass,fined by local Panchayat Amin.

It was a time :)

Finally I don't know anything about Taurus,Glock,Springfields,Sig Sauer,Tokarev,Walther PPK, CZ and
Beretta and never seen thats except IOF,sorry Gurus...
Regards
R.Mani
Karur(TN)