My Pistols and target results!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

My Pistols and target results!

Post by weapon247 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 am

Dear All,

Attached are the pis of my Taurus 24/7 that I bought a couple of years ago..

Its a Taurus 24/7 Pro in 9mm with two magazines (17+1)

Make: Brazil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by weapon247 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My First pistol

Post by The Doc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Hello weapon247,

9mm here in India is a prohibited bore for the civilians and it requires a "P" Bore license . Your Taurus is a beautiful piece . Congratulations ! How much did you pay for it in Pakistan ?

best,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:21 pm

how does it shoot? can you post some targets just to see what it shoots like. good looking pistol.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Weapon247
Congrats on purchase of the gun, second nagarifle on how it handles and shoots. Lot of folks in US who cant afford or want a budget option go for Taurus would like to know about its performance.
Also how expensive and choice of ammo do you have? Is local made ammo pretty good and reasonably priced.

Cheers

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 pm

The Areican Eagle ammo is not really a good choice. You would be better off with almost any other brand, except speer.
I have had too many FTF with theese brands to trust them.

Personally I think the Taurus is a better choice than a Glock.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:48 am

MoA wrote:Personally I think the Taurus is a better choice than a Glock.
What are the reasons that make you think so ?

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 pm

I will try answer all the questions one by one.

please if you need other info just leave a message!!

@ the Doc I paid rs 50k Pakistani (divide by 1.6 i think to get inr)

@nagarifle will do so on my next outing I have been a bit short on time to practice lately!!

@ngrewal same here taurus is a mid range pistol although most people prefer the PT 92 (clone of beretta 92) heer and constant bashers of 24/7 model!! we have a lot of ammo choice Pakistani is POF (PAKISTAN ORDINANCE FACTORY) Rs. 35-40 a pop, other locals are mostly reloads and a big no no!! we also have chinese 30-35 a pop , russian 21-30 a pop, serbian 45-65a pop, cheko 60 a pop, serbian (a bit rare though in 9mm but a lot in .30), phillipines (armscor), and Brazillian magtech FMJ/JHP Rs. 90-130 a pop . the most notable US brand available is Federal American eagle Rs. 75-100 a pop.. (all Pakistani Rs.)

I have till date no problems with the federal ammo though you may be right MOA!!

Taurus is Tarus and a glock is a glock period!!

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:47 pm

206 views and no comments..bump!! LOL

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Nice looking pistol Weapon247
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

ravi.sharma
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by ravi.sharma » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Looks great, would like to know like others, how it fires.

Though wont matter much, as to acquire one is still a dream. :evil:
:cheers:
Ravi.
Believing Everybody is Dangerous; Believing Nobody is Very Dangerous..........

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:28 pm

LOL @ 206 views & no comments... most of us are just ogling and cursing our collective luck (as we cannot buy anything even close)! ;) :lol:

Sweet pistol.... and lets hope someday we can stroll over to try each other's guns & shoot together for fun... just as casually as we go in to the next town :)

Do keep posting & hope you enjoy your stay here.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 pm

The Doc wrote: What are the reasons that make you think so ?

Rp.
Better fit and finish. The Glock rattles like an old Padmini, supported chamber, better ergonomics.
Glocks are popular for two reasons:
1. The Myth that a Glock is undetectable by airport security. You can thank Die Hard for that.
2. They are cheap.

If you ever get a chance to shoot one, you will understand why I dont like the Glock.

Rambo1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Rambo1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 am

I cannot believe this!! A Taurus better than a Glock? Is that why police departments around the US carry a Glock and not a Taurus inspite of the Taurus being cheaper? I am a handgun instructor and competition shooter in Texas and I have had the opportunity to shoot with several models (Springfields, Taurus, Sig Sauer, Rugers, Glocks) and several calibers (.22, .380 auto, 9 mm, .40, .45). I own several handguns of which there are 2 Glocks. I will testify that the Glock is simply superior in design and the finish to a Taurus. Firstly, lets start with the manual safey - the Glocks don't have one, and the Taurus guns do! What worse thing can happen than the safety to be on when you really need the gun to go off? Secondly, Taurus guns usually have a blued finish which can easily damage and cause the gun to rust. As any long term owner knows, a gun only has two enemies - rust and politicians! The Tenifer finish on a Glock allows it to be cleaned with soap water! I would never clean any other gun except a Glock with water. You can wear a Glock on your hip or attached to your body for a long time, and not worry about your sweat damaging the finish. Thirdly, talk about reliability! Cops in Missouri carry a Glock, and these guns take the abuse of a lifetime. They are left in their cars at all temperatures and weather conditions and still perform like new. Fourthly, let us talk about field stripping the Glock and the Taurus. The Taurus copied Glock's original design of a SA/DA trigger, but it added a manual safety (as described earlier) and could not copy the famed Tenifer finish, and also made the disassembly lot more complicated. The Glock can be disassembled, throughy cleaned and reassembled in less than 2 minutes. Finally, the most important thing that the Glock is famous for is the magazine. These things are like hammers. They work like a Swiss clock any time they are pressed into action.

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:15 pm

thanks all for your comments!!

Yes I wish that we could have friendly relations and that gun enthusiasts from both side could share their passion!!

regarding glocks and Taurus.. calm down folks both have one similar characteristic!!

You either love them or loathe them!!

one thing that I would say from my experince (although I have fired both and quite like both of them) that the no safety can be a real disaster in the making as well!! you need to have a better discipline and training to use Glocks... I have witnessed cases of glocks going off (AD/NDs)

Also lets not forget that use of a gun by any LEO /army etc doesnt really mean that its the best (cause mostly its a compromise on various issue like price, after sale service, politics and blah blah)

Berretta won over SIG because of the total package price!! no one said sigs were or are inferior to berretta design!!

Every gun has lovers and haters ... Also here you pay atleast 4 times what I paid for the Taurus... even with more rust and everything ill have to go through 4 handguns to reach the cost of a single glock!!

Rambo1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Rambo1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Weapon247:
To get the best, most reliable gun ever made, you have to pay for it. If you want something cheap, try a Lorcin, Davis or a Raven Arms saturday night special ....
You might be sentimentally attached to your Taurus, but that doesn't change facts. Professionals, who need their to work when suddenly confronted by danger - like cops - use a Glock and not a Taurus. Reliability, simplicity of disassembly and reassembly have everything to do with which gun is chosen. Do you think the Fraternal Order of Police in the US will allow its members to carry inferior guns because of price? The life of a police officer is too valuable to be thrown away by saving a few hundred dollars on a Taurus. You are right on one thing - a gun without a safety is not for amateurs. You have to train quite a bit, and develop the muscle memory so that when things go bad, you instinctively (and confidently) do the correct thing and not shoot yourself in the foot. I have spent countless hours at the range shooting - with two hands, with each single hand, shooting at multiple targets, drawing from a holster to achieve mastery over basic skills. In fact, it doesn't matter what gun you have - a Taurus or a Glock - unless you practice with it over and over again (get used to the recoil etc.), you will not be safe. I found the best way to get over the boredom of repetitive practice is to go through the NRA certification programs starting from the basic marksman all the way to the distinguished expert.