Price of Brand new Hand gun in India

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Nirvan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Price of Brand new Hand gun in India

Post by Nirvan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:48 pm

I recently got a NPB Pistol/Revolver Licence , I wanted a brand new gun for myself as most that was offered to me looks old and very much used . How much would you pay for a brand new 0.32 Caliber Pistol of Ceska , Colt , Walther or Beretta . Hope you would enlighten me on this regard .

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Price of Brand new Hand gun in India

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Welcome to IFG! Legally only IOF pistols/revolvers can be found to be brand new in India, since import of firearms by Indians is heavily restricted for ordinary citizens. If somebody is trying to sell you brand new 0.32 pistol of Ceska , Colt , Walther or Beretta in India, chances are very likely that it has been made illegally somewhere in India and stamped as Ceska , Colt , Walther or Beretta or it has been smuggled in from outside. One should stay miles away from such illegal products. But I believe you might have misunderstood an old pre 1987 pistol/revolver as to be a new one. If you want brand new pistol/revolver, choices are practically limited to IOF .32 pistol/revolver or .22 revolver. The prices are mentioned at http://ofbindia.gov.in/index.php?wh=Spo ... ms&lang=en

Nirvan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nirvan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 pm

A friend recently showed me a Walther PPK/S Chrome finish 0.32 cal in a very new condition . He told me that he got it from Nagaland . He said that it was probably bring in to India from abroad in 2006 .

brijendra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by brijendra » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 am

buy iof products but if you insists on imported ones then verify them may be second hand non or negligible used handgun you might get around 2.0 -2.5 lacs ....negotiate well :D
DARWIN said " survival of the fittest "
I say " survival of the armed ones "