My New Long Range Precision Toy

Posts related to rifles.
Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: My New Long Range Precision Toy

Post by Priyan » Sun May 13, 2012 1:29 am

I met him first on a anonymous imageboard.
He said, he was from Serbia.
By 338 wildcat I meant he used a .338 Lapua Magnum as a parent case for his wildcat cartridge. He didn't provide me any info on the loading but he did say those were extremely hot load.
I didn't save any pictures but I'm sure he still have those. I'll ask him if it's OK to provide his contact info to you.
I don't know how the barrel worn out in just 100 shots, the bore looked almost perfect on the picture but according to him, it started to lose accuracy. He was after building a 'record rifle' so he didn't care much about the barrel life I guess.
Also he said, he used an unique technique, his rifle aimed at target already and kept in place firmly by sandbags, the only part of the gun the shooter touched was the trigger at the time of firing.
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sun May 13, 2012 2:56 am

Somewhat Possible Priyan , I have seen some custom rifles in 6mmBR and few police custom in 338 Lapua but not sure what's the story of 100 shots. A barrel hardly start giving good groups at or after firing 40-50 shots - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sun May 13, 2012 3:11 am

Priyan wrote:I met him first on a anonymous imageboard.
He said, he was from Serbia.
By 338 wildcat I meant he used a .338 Lapua Magnum as a parent case for his wildcat cartridge. He didn't provide me any info on the loading but he did say those were extremely hot load.
I didn't save any pictures but I'm sure he still have those. I'll ask him if it's OK to provide his contact info to you.
I don't know how the barrel worn out in just 100 shots, the bore looked almost perfect on the picture but according to him, it started to lose accuracy. He was after building a 'record rifle' so he didn't care much about the barrel life I guess.
Also he said, he used an unique technique, his rifle aimed at target already and kept in place firmly by sandbags, the only part of the gun the shooter touched was the trigger at the time of firing.

Ok now it's make a bit sence with 338 LM.but still i like to know how he worn his barrel with 100 shots?.Good friend of mine have a 338 LM and he shoots really hot load as well also he put more then 1500 rounds on the barrel and he still have the same accuracy.
what kind of unique technique he is useing, i like to see that. Real challenge is shooting from the shoulder not from the permanent fix weapon systems.

Baljit