Congratulations Baljit

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My New Long Range Precision Toy

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 am

balijit,
What bullets are you using for the 300 WM?
You seem to be seating them too deep. Try a jam into the lands with Scenars or SMK's. A 198 on N 560 should give you 1/2 MoA.
MoA - very good query / suggestion - but I have usually found that Baljit knows exactly what he is doing and that whenever I ask, he is always willing to reply - in depth, with logic and reasoning to substantiate his goal...he is also very open and willing to try out any new ideas - he is quite adventurous - so I'm interested to see how he responds.... :cheers: :)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:30 am

Hello MoA

I have reviewed Baljit's post and I would like to draw your attention to his later efforts and target report with hand loaded ammo, where he has achieved under 1/2 MoA at 100 yards and 1/2 inch grouping at 200 yards WOW! :shock:
Baljit wrote:March-01,2012
Hello Guy's.
First allow me to apologize for the delay becouse i am very busy in my family life and hoping things going back to normal very soon.Today i have some time so i am posting my Range Report for all my friends how are waiting for this ,like XL,Parshant,Timmy,CK, Abhijeet and all the members on IFG.

As i promise to you guy's for my other Range Report so here it is.Before i am going further i like to share with you all, my new reloading press,it's Lee 4 hole turret press.i buy this for my 300 WIN.MAG.

Here is my both press on my reloading table, my Dillion 650XL and Lee 4 hole turret press.
[ Image ]
Here is my Lee 4 hole turret press, i am not going to reload any other caliber on this press it's only for my 300WIN.MAG. :D
[ Image ]
Here is first batch of my favorites ammo. for this toy it's a hot load.
[ Image ]
Ready for the Range. ROTFL
[ Image ]
Here is my first target at 100 yards, as you guy's can see in this picture how accurate this ammo is.it's under half inch. group of five rounds at 100 yards. ROTFL
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Here is my secound target at 200 yards,i dont know how i pull my last shot on the right side, other then that it's going to be just over half inch. at 200 yards. :)
[ Image ]

I start with light loads and work all the way to max.load.as i am going from light load to max load i am getinge more and more accuracy and now it's max.load and hot as well.Let me know how you guy's like this.
I am very happy with this accuracy. :cheers:

Thank's
Baljit

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:53 am

CK , yes you are right about accuracy. i have well under 1/2 MOA at 100 yards also at 200 yards as well.

MoA wrote:
balijit,

What bullets are you using for the 300 WM?
You seem to be seating them too deep. Try a jam into the lands with Scenars or SMK's. A 198 on N 560 should give you 1/2 MoA.
MoA, with all do respect i don't think you read the all report, i am not a new player in this game and i know what i am doing.I have well under 1/2 MOA and i constantly receiving the same accuracy over and over and i am very happy with it.

if you asking me about the bullet then Sierra Match King i am useing.Here these bullet are quite papular in F - class shooter.

I dont know what make you think that i am seating them too deep. The Max Over All Length is 3.340" and i am runinig at 3.335"

Baljit

jose777i
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jose777i » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 am

Congratulations....she looks so beautiful...planning to emigrate to a gun friendly country...that is the only option left now. :-)
And God was with the boy, and he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert with the bow. (Gen 21:20)

Diana 350 Magnum, IHP Air rifle

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sun May 06, 2012 9:07 am

May,05,2012
Hello Guy's, first allow me to apologize for the delay.i know it has been a long pending report for long range shooting.Finally today weather very good up on the mountains also i have time to do some shooting.

I am going to dedicate this report and pictures to all my friends on this site who are waiting for this like, XL , Prashant , CK , Vikram and all other member who like long range shooting.i did not shoot more then 500 yards today but my main gole is 1000 + yards with my this toy.

Please let me know how you guy's like this

Here is the picture of my target 10" X 13" gong , which i am going to shoot at 500 yards.
Here is a picture where i shoot most of the time for long range, in this picture you guy's can see a target at 500 yards let me know if you find that target.
Here is my baby , Savege 110BA in 300 WIN. MAG.
Here is the view from where i am going to shoot.
Here is the view from through the scope as you guy's can see how that target looks like it.
Here is the picture of the target when i am done shooting at 500 yards.
Here is the picture of five round at the target from 500 yards.After the first and secound round i make my adjustment but last three round are in the same place from 500 yards.

Please your comment are very valuable for me so i can do batter then this. :cheers:

Enjoy.
Baljit

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun May 06, 2012 10:01 am

Baljit, That is absolutely incredible!

Most people don't realize what shooting long distance takes. It's not just the gun. It has a lot to do with the guy behind the gun too. Not only that there is reading the wind, mirage, bullet drop, humidity, altitude, shift at the different ranges of magnification (of the scope). No less important is load development; matching the load to the gun. There are a large number of variables that you have to compensate for when shooting so far away. I know that you will be able to achieve results as good when shooting even further away. I look forward to your report at 800 yards and even 1000 yards.

I must say that you have made all this come together. This is quite an achievement. I know that I would not be able to shoot like that even if I had optimum conditions and the apparently close to perfect match that you have achieved between your load and the gun. What is even more amazing is that you did it with a folding plastic table and a bipod.

I'm blown away, Baljit. Congratulations on this achievement and your ability!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Pritu79
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pritu79 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Good shooting Baljit,
Do savage chamber these in 6mmBR norma or a 22-250, i feel this will do good for competitive shooting. The tactical range might not have small calibers, but i hope they offer some thing similar in these calibers for they are really accurate.
What kind of barell life do savage clame for their rifles.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun May 06, 2012 1:40 pm

xl_target wrote:Baljit, That is absolutely incredible!

Most people don't realize what shooting long distance takes. It's not just the gun. It has a lot to do with the guy behind the gun too. Not only that there is reading the wind, mirage, bullet drop, humidity, altitude, shift at the different ranges of magnification (of the scope). No less important is load development; matching the load to the gun. There are a large number of variables that you have to compensate for when shooting so far away. I know that you will be able to achieve results as good when shooting even further away. I look forward to your report at 800 yards and even 1000 yards.

I must say that you have made all this come together. This is quite an achievement. I know that I would not be able to shoot like that even if I had optimum conditions and the apparently close to perfect match that you have achieved between your load and the gun. What is even more amazing is that you did it with a folding plastic table and a bipod.

I'm blown away, Baljit. Congratulations on this achievement and your ability!
I quite agree xl_target - well done Baljit! In fact, the moment I saw Baljit's post I called him up, congratulated him and yarned with him for a bit (quite a bit, actually - LOL) about his experience and tactics. Here is additional info that I garnered from him:

1. The 'gong' weighs 60 lb :shock: that he has to cart around and set up at a suitable place with a solid backdrop! He must be developing some serious biceps lugging it :D

2. Baljit spray paints his target twice - once in white and then in black so that it is visible over long distances and that he can clearly see his hits/scores. He can use it twice; front and back, before he needs to buff off the surface to bring it back to level. Sorry, forgot to confirm with Baljit the size of the gong - should be a foot or a foot and half square?

3. Baljit took the same route during our earlier Okanagan Adventure to Jack Pine Lake but veered off on a different track about 4 km before the actual Jack Pine for the long range trial. This is a great area where one can see swathes of culled trees and amazing natural beauty on the winding roads. Lovely, I thought for a nippy motorcycle :)

4. The weather: +5 Dec C, sunny, but chill (as can be seen from the snow in the target area). This is the strange thing in BC that I have observed as well - the sun could be shining warmly in your face but it could be drizzling and cold at the same time, enough to freeze 'nuts'. Fortunately, the wind factor was non-existent calm, no cross wind disturbance, providing Baljit with a fair shot at 500 Yard trial.

5. He has still not measured the last three shots for MoA - which he will do on Sun and let us know. My rough impression from visuals on the images is - it should be great! :) Let's see what he reports - definitely within 1 MoA at 500 Yards; He will be gradually taking the trial in 5 steps of 100 yards each to reach the goal of 1,000 Yards.

I am - Excited! In fact I was encouraging Baljit to go for the 1 kilometer barrier once he is satisfied with the 1,000 yard shot just to see how well and far his super sniper baby with the custom, hand-loaded ammo can perform!

A quick definition on what MoA is for our fellow IFG brothers here (just a handy ref, with regard to the topic at hand - no offence meant to more knowledgeable IFG'ians):

MOA is Minute of Angle.
The term "minute-of-angle" (MOA) is used regularly by target shooters at the range. Defined loosely, one MOA = 1" @ 100 yards; so, if you shot your rifle 5 times into a 100-yard target and every shot went into a one-inch circle you had drawn on the paper, then your rifle could be said to shoot 1 MOA. Likewise, if every shot goes into a two-inch circle at 200 yards, then you're shooting 1 MOA. A 10-inch group at 500 yards would be 2 MOA.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun May 06, 2012 4:10 pm

500 yards!! :shock: Some fantastic shooting there Baljit :cheers:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun May 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Great shooting,Baljit, and great photos too. Will be looking forward to the 800 and 1000 yard reports. :cheers:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun May 06, 2012 9:00 pm

mundaire wrote:500 yards!! :shock: Some fantastic shooting there Baljit :cheers:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Amazing Bhaiji agree with XL its man behind the gun matters a lot

keep it coming

Best

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 am

May,06,2012

Thank you very much guy's for your feedback.Now, i think next time i have to do batter then this.

XL, i agree with you, it's not only the gun but also about ammo, wind, mirage, bullet drop, humidity, altitude, shift at the different ranges of magnification.it's all togather and very importent is guy behind the gun. it's not that easy but not impossible.

CK, you cover everything so i don't have to write anything, but that gong size is 10" x 13" .

Abhijeet, Thank you very much for you feedback.

Vikram, Thank you very much.My main gole is 1000+ yards with good grouping, i have good grouping at 500 and now i am going to start working at 600 then so on.

ngrewal, Thank you very much Grewal Sahib.

Pritu79, Thank you for your comment. if you asking me about this modal ( 110 BA ) then these gun only in 300Win.Mag. and 338 LM.

Guy's here is the picture of the last three rounds at the target .i measured it and i got 1.728" so 1.728-308=1.420" mean over 1/4 MOA and well under 1/2 MOA at 500 yards.
Here is some picture of my good friend and fellow worker Ben Jensen and his girlfriend Arian Persson they are with me when i take those shoots at the target from 500 yards.
Arian she shooting her Tikka 243 and my Savage 300 Win.Mag at 300 yards.This is the first time she taking a shoots at that distance.
Here is a picture when she shoots my toy at 300 yards.
Here is the picture when Ben shoots my toy at 300 yards.
Here is a picture of there gong.look at this gong.

Enjoy
Baljit
Last edited by Baljit on Fri May 11, 2012 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Mon May 07, 2012 7:03 am

From now on I shall call you Baljeet "Sniper" Pabla.
Amazing stuff. Lovely report.
Now I know whom to call when I have zero a rifle.Only wish you lived closer to my place.Could pick up a few tips on rifle shooting from you. :cheers:

ramtiger
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ramtiger » Mon May 07, 2012 7:46 am

Nice grouping and great photos too
Thanks for sharing