IOF 30-06 Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Box magazine. 3 down and one up the spout.

For Advertising mail webmaster
b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IOF 30-06 Rifle

Post by b.baracho » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:00 pm

thanks sir nice to know that.
Reg,
b.baracho

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:24 am

art_collector";p="45278 wrote: Just heard that 3006 rifles by IOF are available at Lucknow.
In kanpur dealers are selling these rifles between 1 to 1.2 lakhs. A few dealers got these rifles and mostly they have sold to punjab dealers.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 am

The rifle is not unlike a contemporary German design.Looks like they are trying to keep certain stuff common between IOF .22LR and IOF 30-06 rifles. Sights, sling rail etc. Anyways, if it shoots accurate enough, it will certainly pave the way for new shooters to upgrade their shooting systems after qualifying.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:32 pm

Once plenty come into the market they will sell of course.

What needs to be acertained it quality of manufacture, how good the bolt operation is, barrel bedding to the stock.

The awful colour of the stock can always be polished to proper brown, and so can the barrel paint be turned to blueing.

A few have been released for civilian sale but a rifle priced at Rs. 60,000 is commanding an equal premium of another Rs. 60,000 right now.

I do wish to buy one for myself. Of course the dealer who sells it to me will be bound by oath to RFI that he has sold it t me a bonafide NP bore Rfle licence holder and target shooter. Now that hunting is not allowed in India ow can one hunt with an IOF 30-06 rifle ? We are all law abiding citizens.

Target practise and only 3 cartridges in the Magazine ? Why not five ? Three is more like a hunting rifle. But who cares.

I only wish that bolt is well made and doesn't fly off on shooting the rifle.

For more information on the rifle - not the IOF 30-06 but the original Sauer 202 which is the inspiration behind it click on this link.

http://www.sauer-waffen.de/uploads/medi ... 3gb_01.pdf
Last edited by shahid on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Was informed by a friend today that the ex-factory price is ~ INR 74K...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Shahid,

Where did you hear that the MRP is Rs.60,000.00?

About sixtyish thousand was my understanding as well but I am informed that the MRP may actually be higher. Mind you, this is from a gun dealer, so it may have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I did e-mail IOFB but as can be expected, there has been no response from that quarter.

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm

74 K includes taxes or they will be added as local state taxes and VAT ? Of course there will be a shipment cost.

If dealers are booking it with RFI for 74,000 then the selling price will be touching Rs. 100,000.

If this is the case then the premium of 20,000 is within limits.

I am getting myself a Sarvoski illuminated reticle scope to go with this rifle. Will buy an IOF 30-06 as soon as I come to India later this month.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:13 pm

mundaire";p="45988 wrote:Was informed by a friend today that the ex-factory price is ~ INR 74K...
Ditto but our mutual friend got this price from a gun dealer, so I am hoping that the actual MRP will not be more than Rs.65,000.00

From what was mentioned earlier on this thread, the ex-factory price was Rs.45,000.00 and the MRP came to sixty odd thousand after taxes.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="45992 wrote:
mundaire";p="45988 wrote:Was informed by a friend today that the ex-factory price is ~ INR 74K...
Ditto but our mutual friend got this price from a gun dealer, so I am hoping that the actual MRP will not be more than Rs.65,000.00

From what was mentioned earlier on this thread, the ex-factory price was Rs.45,000.00 and the MRP came to sixty odd thousand after taxes.
Hmmm... makes sense! In fact I had a longish chat with our same friend on the phone yesterday and the common conclusion was that at INR 45K for the IOF 315 rifle + the expense of a a complete reloading kit with dies (for 8x50R) it may not be such a bad idea after all... the single biggest problem with the 315 being the lack of quality ammo... since imported ammo is not in the picture at all...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:06 am

Abhijeet,

I went back through the posts and found that it was Art_Collector who said that the ex-factory price is Rs.45,000.00 and retail price would be Rs.62,000.00
Personally, I would like to work out how the figure of Rs.62,000.00 was achieved. Any idea about the taxes involved and their percentages?

Be that as it may, I am more than a bit concerned that the ex-factory price was bumped upto Rs.71,000 and shortly after to Rs.74,000. Considering the unethical behaviour of most Indian dealers, I am wondering if our friend was deliberately misinformed.

An increase of Rs.29,000 on the ex-factory price within a matter of months is most suspicious.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:13 am

Could those who have seen the rifle please clarify three points:

1) Does the bolt look like it is cast or machined?
2) Does the receiver have dovetail grooves to accomodate a peep sight?
3) Is the front sight blade removeable and is there provision to fix a globe sight in its place?

Badshah, in an earlier post you mentioned that you had a detailed discussion with the IOF engineer displaying the rifle at Lucknow. Could you please post all the relevant points.

Thanks.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Best to find out from a dealer who has actually sent a bank draft to RFI for purchase of this rifles. A dealer was being offered minimum three and maximum five per order.

Having developed an interest in acquiring one of these I was reading a lot on RWS Titan and Sauer 202 rifles.

In these rifles the reciever is Aluminium alloy. But since the bolt lug locks directly into the barrel it is no problem.

Have IOF come up with an Aluminium reciever ? I doubt, it must be steel.

Bolt of all rifles Sauer or RWS are steel, only chrome plated for silver colour, same must be the case here.

One needs to actually lay hands on one of these rifles to get the actual feel, lenght of pull, feel on shouldering, margin to fix a ventilated air cusion recoil pad, check mountings for scope. We have not seen a clear picture of the reciever to determine how a scope will be mounted. Are there dove tail rails, or a scope base will have to be fitted on a factory drilled mounting base hole.
Operation of the safety catch, magazine release catch and trigger pressure needs checking.

Why not write to RFi or IOF for loan of a test rifle to IFG ?

If not then do a test report by checking it out at a dealer.

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:23 pm

God only knows when i will get my hands on one a dealer friend has booked five of them no news from IOF on the prices they said they will inform the dealer later almost 3 months are up .
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IOF 30-06 Rifle

Post by art_collector » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:26 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abhijeet,

I went back through the posts and found that it was Art_Collector who said that the ex-factory price is Rs.45,000.00 and retail price would be Rs.62,000.00
Personally, I would like to work out how the figure of Rs.62,000.00 was achieved. Any idea about the taxes involved and their percentages?
............................................................................................................
Hi Mack The Knife,

I mentioned the price on the basis of what was mentioned by the Factory staff when they displayed the rifle in Delhi. The basic cost was mentioned as around Rs.45,000/- To calculate the retail price one needs to add the following:

Basic Cost 45000
+Excise +cess 16% 7402
+CST4% 2096
+ Dealers Profit (Approx) 2997
+ Air freight,insurance etc 2000
+Vat 12.5% 7437
66933 shud be the approx retail price.

(45000+7402+2096+2997+2000+7437 = Rs. 66933/-

The only change that has come in after april 2008 is the excise duty has been reduced to 14%. & from 1st June 2008 CST has become 2%Hope this calculation helps