Posts related to rifles.
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF 30-06 Rifle

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Ugh!... I must be getting old.

Vineet-apologies.

Here you have a super fine example of the mouth preceding the brain... then the brain exceeding the mouth...then the mouth exceeding the brain...etc.... :)

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

For Advertising mail webmaster
fatehpal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by fatehpal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:06 pm

i have seen 30.06. the finish was beyond sad. they can do better job but i happy at least its out in the market . its all over Chandigarh and happy to see it even though it looks mistreated even when new. :?

fatehpal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by fatehpal » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:58 pm

ooo vineet i almost forgot its a five shot and they are talking about get a 10 round banana mag for it . this is when i talked to Vishal arms guy.but the can make one like that in meerut i herd with 10 round.
heads up on the finish, it not all that good

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:44 pm

hi fatepal,
I also talked to guy at vishal arms he told me that the is offering IOF 30 06 with waulnut stock how thats possible IOF is using POPULAR wood.
Waulnut is banned in Kashmir.
If you have any update tell me when the prices are decreasing.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:49 pm

fatehpal wrote:ooo vineet i almost forgot its a five shot and they are talking about get a 10 round banana mag for it . this is when i talked to Vishal arms guy.but the can make one like that in meerut i herd with 10 round.
heads up on the finish, it not all that good
It comes with a 3 shot mag...and I dont think there is any other mag on cards at the moment...

fatehpal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by fatehpal » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:38 pm

SANJAY ji
"It comes with a 3 shot mag...and I dont think there is any other mag on cards at the moment"
You might be right with what u have seen. but i have seen a five shot mag with "vishal arms" mani magra housing complex. i think i wrote it up there, plus its a sad rifle i wont buy it even if had a 10 round mag.
but since i am in india i don't have alot to choose from.

Jazz i sugesst a stcok change , talhi wood is good in punjab and i fell same for j&k. i will give a gunsimths name in chandigarh, hes in one of the south sectors his son own the gun shop and he (the dad) fixes guns will be able to help. give a weeks time actully.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:58 pm

fatehpal wrote: Jazz i sugesst a stcok change , talhi wood is good in punjab and i fell same for j&k. i will give a gunsimths name in chandigarh, hes in one of the south sectors his son own the gun shop and he (the dad) fixes guns will be able to help. give a weeks time actully.
if i m right then u r talking abt Dashmesh Gun House SCO no.76 1st floor sec-38-c CHD.
His dad runs a gun shop in Faridkot and is a good gunsmith.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:51 am

WRT a good gunsmith, one of the best in the busness is right in your back yard based out of Patiala.His work is amazing...here is a sample
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4730
HTH

fatehpal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by fatehpal » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Sanjay ji,
could please send me his address, phone number and anyother information. would be really greatfull.
Vineet the shop is in 40 sector and the gunsmith shop and gun shop are next to each other. the guy who owns the shop is called Satish.
i am sorry can't come up with exact info cause i am away from home for about 4 months.

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:38 pm

hi sanjay , fateh ,
never use Tahli for gun stock as it is very very heavy and it will unbalance your gun and will change point of impact (target) . assi ehh galti kar kay dekh lai hai so u don't doo.
Better use imported italian or african teak very easily avaliable in market(cheap too) , never use indian or burma teak it's heavy , Testure of italian teak got very close resemblence with waulnut if polished by expert.Allways use light weight wood for gunstock. Tahli is big NO NO.

otherwise if u have some source in pulwama (j&k) u can get waulnut .

bye.

fatehpal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by fatehpal » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:54 pm

thanks alot for the advise big bro. :D , could you give me some good gunsmiths contact info in Punjab , Haryana, himachal or Chandigarh, i want to get the butt for my 12g Laruna fixed, also its developed some major problems after i fired shaktiman cartridges from it .

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:06 pm

fatehpal check your message box.

jindelmanoj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jindelmanoj » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:22 pm

hi guys some thing is better then nothing so keep kool otherwise????????

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:19 pm

-- Mon Aug 17, 2009 19:23 --

ah at last i got to touch the much talked about iof 3006. Thanks to olly.

i found it to be very light for the cal. and little small in size. was much impressed with the color of the stock as it was not the sickly yellow, olly told me that the latest models are dark now.

the bolt surface is well let us not say anything about as the pics speak for themselves. much clear view can be had if enlarged.

chromed barrel, alu receiver are all part and parcel of the iof 3006

will i buy it? yes, why ? as is only 3006 which can be had easily and within 1.5lac.

is this the only one which does a barrel flip upwards or is it common in all iof 3006? any input on this.

Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:02 pm

nagarifle wrote:-- Mon Aug 17, 2009 19:23 --

ah at last i got to touch the much talked about iof 3006. Thanks to olly.

i found it to be very light for the cal. and little small in size. was much impressed with the color of the stock as it was not the sickly yellow, olly told me that the latest models are dark now.

the bolt surface is well let us not say anything about as the pics speak for themselves. much clear view can be had if enlarged.

chromed barrel, alu receiver are all part and parcel of the iof 3006

will i buy it? yes, why ? as is only 3006 which can be had easily and within 1.5lac.

is this the only one which does a barrel flip upwards or is it common in all iof 3006? any input on this.
No offense meant to olly, but the bolt looks like it had virtually no work done on it after it came out of the forge... in simple words the workmanship is horrid.

When will the IOF get out of the "minimum possible work" mentality...?

The barrel seems pretty skinny for a 30-06...not to mention the rifle being over-all somewhat on the lighter side for a 30-06. The lack of mass forward of the CG may explain the muzzle climb.

Anyway its a start so let me not be too much of a wet blanket.

Congratulations again olly
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!